PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!
These are the rules that you agreed to when you signed up for the Arizona Cardinals Message Board.
Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.
You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
By using the Arizona Cardinals and J&A Partners service, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in bulletin boards, or other forums:
- Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
- Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).
- Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Unauthorized copyrighted material.
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
- Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Arizona Cardinals and/or J&A Partners at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account
The Cardinal Rule for the board is to respect others. This board includes members of all ages and backgrounds. Focus on the subject matter not the person. This is a place to share information, ideas and thoughts. If you have problems with a member, a questionable post or picture please PM one of the moderators. You can also help by using Report this Post to a Moderator if you read or find an offensive post. We will try to handle these matters in a timely manner.
Any posts, including pictures, avatars, and signatures that violate the rules can either be edited or deleted at the moderators discretion with or without a warning.
Threads that are started and then turned into a bashing, name calling, racists or way off topic will have the whole thread deleted or locked. Statements that are bigoted, hatefull or racially offensive are not tolerated.
COPY AND PASTE ARTICLES:Copy and paste entire/part articles is never allowed and this includes articles from azcardinals.com. We do not want to fully reproduce and host original © materials. Posts in violation of this will be given an infraction and the post will be deleted or altered. You can paraphrase, post the title or in your own words about the article then the link.
SIGNATURES:There are limitations on size: They can not be any bigger that 75 pixels high and 700 pixels wide with the file no larger than 300kb. New users will have to wait 30 days before this feature would start. Please remember when creating your signature that it must conform to the Terms of the Messageboard.
Update of the message board included infractions. Members who violate board policy and board etiquette will receive infractions with a point count. They are as follows:
- Copy and pasted part/entire article of © materials - 1 point
- Insulted Other Member(s) - 1 point
- Inappropriate Signature - 1 point
- Not Following Board Etiquette - 1 point
- Inappropriate Custom User Title/Location - 1 point
- Inappropriate Avatar - 1 point
- Non-Compliance - 1 point
- Not Following the Terms of the Message Board - 2 points
- Inappropriate Language/Going around the word filter - 1 point
- Using the word filter to insult posters or hide behind the word filter to post inappropriately - 2 points
- Change member(s) original post when quoting - 5 points
- Inappropriate content in post -2 pints
- Link to a site that has inappropriate language, image(s) and/or material.
- Custom Infraction to fit violations or Board Etiquette - Various points
After certain amount of points an automatic ban will be as follows:
- 5 Points - 7 Day(s)
- 10 Points - 2 Week(s)
- 15 Points - 3 Week(s)
- 20 Points - 2 Month(s)
- 25 Points - 3 Month(s)
- 30 Points - 4 Month(s)
- 35 Points - Permanent
Additional guidelines that all of us need to follow to make this board a place for all to read and enjoy. Because of some recent flaming, personal attacks, sexual content, sexual avatars and signatures, obscenities, cussing, bodily functions and trying to skirt around the word filter, it is necessary to address these issues of the message board.
Board Etiquette Guidelines:
These rules and guidelines have been established in the best interest of all members of the board. Thank you to the members who have no problems following the rules and guidelines and do self moderation. That has made this board a place for all to enjoy and not just a few!
- No personal attacks and name calling on the board and in sending private messages and emails.
- Members should have a single account. If individuals have multiple accounts, it will lead to permanent banning from the board.
- Do not use inappropriate user names i.e. racial slurs, profanity, vulgarity, actual Cardinals coaches, players, media or management. Actual names of NFL coaches, players and real people names.
- Inappropriate user titles are not allowed.
- Spam is prohibited.
- No posting of sexually explicit images, bodily functions, offensive material in avatars, user title or in signatures. Including URL's that link to inappropriate sites.
- Please post in the appropriate forum. Moderators will move your thread or post to the proper forum.
- Try not to post multiple threads on the same topic. Moderators will merge threads that are the same topic.
- Stay on topic. Don't hijack a thread by changing the topic of the thread. If this happens the thread or post will be deleted and can lead to infractions.
- When posting an article from any site please post the link and NOT the whole/part of the article. You can paraphrase, post the title or in your own words about the article then the link.
- Don't feed the trolls. Trolls post messages that are inflammatory and only serve only to incite fellow members and cause trouble on the board. When trolls are identified their posts can be edited and delete by the moderators which could lead to banning.
- No shouting. Posting in all capitals letters is considered shouting.
- No call out threads.
- Size "2" is the largest font to be used on the messageboard.
- Signatures should only be one or two lines and no large fonts. Signatures should not be larger than your post. Links in signatures should be appropriate
- Monopoly is a game so do not monopolize the message board.
- No shirting around the world filter. Do not use symbols like $ @ or spaces to try and spell a word that is filtered.
- Please don't argue with the administrators and moderators.
- Sending abusive PM's and/or emails to the administrators or moderators will lead to a banning.
- Using acronyms or slang like W T F etc. are not allowed.
- No excessive multiple posting. This includes posting two-word respones "I agree" or "me too" just to pad your post count. Also includes multiple separate quote posts. Please use the multi-quote feature.
- Posting with intentions of baiting other users into an elicit rude responses or provoking arguments will not be tolerated and can lead to banning.
- Change member(s) original post when quoting, misquoting, misleading quotes, and/or quoting a poster to provoke arguments. If you want to comment about the quote, do it outside of the quote, not within the quote.
- No bumping of threads. The post(s) that created the bump will be deleted and the thread deleted.
- When a thread doesn't have activity on it within 30 days, its automatically moved to the archives.
- NO selling, buying or any other kind of transactions dealing with tickets.
Note to new members: You need to be active on the message board for 30 days before you can get an avatar, signature, the ability to pm and other permissions.
"Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13