PDA

View Full Version : What the heck!?

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
I just read on ESPN ticker that the Rams signed Laroi Glover to a 3 year deal today? How is this possible????

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Why are you so upset about this??? The rams are trying to get worse...good deal for us.

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not upset dude. I'm asking how the rams could sign a free agent when you aren't supposed to be able to sign any FA's until Thursday

birdboy
03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
they probably agreed in principle, not signed

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm not upset dude. I'm asking how the rams could sign a free agent when you aren't supposed to be able to sign any FA's until Thursday

He was cut. He didn't have an expiring contract...he became a FA the minute they cut him. That's how.

If it's not a rumor....this time of the year is fun when people get all upset over nothing.

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah but FA's aren't even supposed to be talking to GM's or coaches yet

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
they probably agreed in principle, not signed

Rams sign Glover to three-year contractAssociated Press

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams signed defensive tackle La'Roi Glover on Monday, inking the six-time Pro Bowl selection who was released by Dallas last week to a three-year deal.

Glover

The 31-year-old Glover made the Pro Bowl last season and finished with 26 tackles and three sacks. He has 71½ career sacks, second all-time among defensive tackles behind Warren Sapp's 84½.

Glover, who had 21½ sacks in four seasons with the Cowboys, was released on Thursday.

The Rams need help on the interior line with Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis both unrestricted free agents.

The Cowboys would have owed Glover a $1.5 million roster bonus had he remained on the team. He was scheduled to make $4.5 million this season, the last of his five-year deal. He will count $1.2 million against the team's salary cap next season.

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
yeah but FA's aren't even supposed to be talking to GM's or coaches yet

He wasn't a FA. He was a player without a contract. I don't feel like going to the NFLPA site to back this up.

Glover sucks.

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:10 PM
He was cut. He didn't have an expiring contract...he became a FA the minute they cut him. That's how.

If it's not a rumor....this time of the year is fun when people get all upset over nothing.

Again, I"m not upset that he signed with the rams fool. I'm asking how a free agent was able to sign with another team today when the fa period isn't supposed to begin until Thursday.

the wild cards
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
He was CUT he wasn't a Free Agent. That is why teams try and wait til the last minute to CUT players.

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
He wasn't a FA. He was a player without a contract. I don't feel like going to the NFLPA site to back this up.

Glover sucks.

Is a player without a contract NOT a FA?

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Is a player without a contract NOT a FA?

No....he's a player without a contract.

FAs are players whose contracts are about to expire. Dallas already terminated his.

Chill......Glover is over 30. Green may not be a real great coach...but even he knows you never blow a wad on a player over 30.

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM
No....he's a player without a contract.

FAs are players whose contracts are about to expire. Dallas already terminated his.

Chill......Glover is over 30. Green may not be a real great coach...but even he knows you never blow a wad on a player over 30.

ONCE AGAIN......I DO NOT CARE ABOUT GLOVER WHATSOEVER! How many times do I have to say that dude? I was under the impression that if you were cut from your team you became a free agent. If I'm wrong about that, that's cool. I learned something. I'll say it again just so you get it, I don't care that the Rams signed Glover.

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were panicking because we didn't get Glover. I guess you are just panicking because you aren't real sure about the rules of FA. Carry on. :toot: :toot:

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I am not panicking at all. I don't even know what gave you that impression. All I was asking was how a FA was signed before the FA period started. Thanks for assuming you know what's in my head. We all know what happens when you A-S-S-U-M-E.

82CardsGrad
03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were panicking because we didn't get Glover. I guess you are just panicking because you aren't real sure about the rules of FA. Carry on. :toot: :toot:

Good to see some normalcy coming back to the board... NEZ in 'da house!!! :thumbsup:

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
That dude is anything but normal.

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
That dude is anything but normal.

Don't be mad because I caught you Chicken Littleing!!

:football: :football:

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't be mad because I caught you Chicken Littleing!!

:football: :football:

I'm gonna ask you again what you are talking about? Because I was confused about the whole FA thing I was "Chicken Littleing"?? You are warped. :banghead: :banghead:

NEZCardsfan
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
This is not what you said?????.....on a thread you titled, "What the Heck."

I just read on ESPN ticker that the Rams signed Laroi Glover to a 3 year deal today? How is this possible????

It's a long offseason....you might want to calm down................:hurray: :hurray:

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:49 PM
This is not what you said?????.....on a thread you titled, "What the Heck."

It's a long offseason....you might want to calm down................:hurray: :hurray:

Yeah, that is not chicken littleing or whatever you called it. It's a ******** question. I was confused about the FA rules, that's all. I wanted to know how it was possible for a FA to be signed before the FA period started, THAT'S IT! You are the one putting words into my mouth regarding ******** out about Glover, and relax Glover is old anyway and all that crap.

SuperGoodNachos
03-06-2006, 04:54 PM
I nominate this "Best Thread of the Day!"
Sweeeeeeeeeet!

WhyNotTheCards?
03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
haha, nice

Da Bloody Bird
03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
He was CUT he wasn't a Free Agent. That is why teams try and wait til the last minute to CUT players.

So does this mean we can out bid Seahags for Hutch

WhyNotTheCards?
03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I think you're the confused one NEZ.. This thread made perfect sense to me...

:rockon: