PDA

View Full Version : With the 10th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Cardinals select...........

footballdan
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
VINCE YOUNG!!!!! :rockband: MAN, I GOTTA LONGHORN THE SIZE OF TEXAS!!!

the wild cards
03-08-2006, 06:41 PM
VERNON "THE DUKE" DAVIS:hurray:

BullheadCardFan
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Michael Huff ....

JayGee
03-08-2006, 06:52 PM
reginald bush

Cards_fan40
03-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Michael Huff ....

I want this pick the most.

thesmel
03-08-2006, 07:15 PM
trade! and get an extra 2nd round the values in the 2nd round

Boldinfan
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
vince young some one has to play when warner goes down in the middle of the season.

BRHS_96#54
03-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Huff!

BRHS_96#54
03-08-2006, 07:29 PM
He'd fill a huge need. The dude ran a the 40 in the 4.3's! Some scouts say he could start at Corner!

Mookie
03-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Huff or Young would be nice. Green has already said hes not going to take a TE with the first pick. Too bad wild cards. Your boy Green never seems to agree with you yet you would bend over for him if he asked you to.:lollollol: :pointup:

aventine
03-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree with thesmel, we should trade down. At least until I see what we do in FA. Huff is a good value at pick 10, but that is mainly because he can play corner (same with J Williams). DeAngelo Williams is a good value but too similar to Arrington. It would be eggs in one basket situation. Trade to the 16-22 range and take White or J. Scott. Vernon Davis could be Amazing, but I am starting to look at him more as a reciever than a TE. The jury is still out on whether he can block consistantly. If he was a reciever he would be the top rated one-- but how many Card fans have you heard ranting that we need to take a reciever with the first pick?

HAVACARDSFAN
03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
DAVIS!!! :Cards logo:

JimHart
03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Michael Huff.

OregonBigRed
03-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Hawk. I can hear them cheer now-caw caw caw.....caw caw caw....:Cards logo: :Cards logo: :Cards logo: :Cards logo:

lileyho240
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Vernon Davis!! he can run a 4.38..heck he could play linebacker if he wanted to! :exclamationmark:

AussieCardinal
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Sounds like u would rather he play center:pointup:

Freddie Joe Nunn Rulez
03-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Green has already said hes not going to take a TE with the first pick.

Not trying to start anything, but when/where did Green say this? If this is true (even though we all know that you can only take DG with a grain of salt) almost everyone on the board is wrong....:idea:

the wild cards
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Not trying to start anything, but when/where did Green say this? If this is true (even though we all know that you can only take DG with a grain of salt) almost everyone on the board is wrong....:idea:
Green NEVER EVER said this.

Green HAS said this is a deep OL, QB and TE draft.

Green HAS said he wants 1st ROUND picks to start right away.

Green HAS said he likes to Draft PLAYMAKERS/DIFFERENCEMAKERS.

Green HAS said that he likes to take BPAs.

Duke Davis fits all those criteria!

Mookie
03-08-2006, 10:04 PM

Someone posted a few days ago that Green said we were set at the TE position meaning we wont take a TE with the first pick in the draft.

sundevil04
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
there's 7 players I'd like any of (some more than others of course) assuming the "regulars" are off the board

v.davis
j.cutler
v.young
l.white
m.huff
a.hawk
j.williams

with...

bush
leinart
ferguson
m.williams

off the board two of these 7 will be there, any of them would be a good pick in my opinion, I didn't list ngata I really see him as the big bust of rd1

Northern Soul
03-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Brick :hurray:

cigar76
03-09-2006, 04:41 AM

I think we all know that Vince Young will NOT be there at spot 10. If he is still there at spot 7 the GREAT RAIDER NATION will take him.

Red Valley
03-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Has to be Huff, Davis, or White. I will narrow my selection once FA really starts.

BulldogsCards
03-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Cutler

cardsplayoffs06
03-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Hawk. I can hear them cheer now-caw caw caw.....caw caw caw....:Cards logo: :Cards logo: :Cards logo: :Cards logo:
that would be nice pick and he did that commemoration to Pat Tillman with growin his hair long

but i would love to hear "With the tenth pick in the 2006 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select LenDale White running back University of Southern California."

or Vernon Davis imagine that Davis, Boldin, and Fitz

OutlawCards
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Don't see the Cards going after a Tight End in the first round. I think the Cards are going to go after a QB of the future.. Not sure who that will be or who will be available though. I get the impression the Cards are going to go after a QB now while the need isn't the top priority and, have a workable contract rather than wait until the need is dire and, whichever QB the Cards pick then will if in F.A demand a huge contract and, if in the draft will demand a huge signing bonus...

Elminster
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Hello Cardinal fans. All I have to add is that we're pretty high on Ngata, D'Brick, and Super Mario. Marv and Jauron say time and time again that it all starts with the lines, and both of them seemed very excited when Ngata was mentioned to them in an interview. So yeah...it's pretty plausible Huff would be there when you guys pick...

BirdWatcher
03-09-2006, 06:26 PM
So why are the Bills bringing in Ryan Pickett? Just for a cup of tea? If he signs then the Bills must have someone else in mind to take huh?

Elminster
03-09-2006, 08:05 PM
^In all seriousness, I haven't seen or heard anything about Pickett visiting us, though I would be very happy with that. In any case, we need two DTs, not just one, and an interior of Ngata and Pickett would be pretty fearsome. If we don't take a lineman at #8(i.e. if D'Brick, Ngata, and Super Mario) we'll probably trade down. I sincerely doubt, despite the hype around him, that we'd take Vernon Davis when we just drafted Kevin Everett last year, and word is that the Bills are finished with Longhorns...

Mookie
03-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I have a feeling that the Bills are going to take Vernon Davis. With Moulds leaving and a small (5'10-5'11) up-and-coming WR in Lee Evans it would give Losman a great target. If the Bills do grab Vernon i would think that their offense would be that of the Chargers. Great running game, average line (if they adress in FA and Draft) solid but not spectacular recievers and a great TE.

BirdWatcher
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I saw it on KFFL that Pickett and the Bills were going to get together.Check it out.Gotta keep those LB's of yours free to do their thing.You sure gotta love Fletcher and the boys.Wish we had him.

Elminster
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
I saw it on KFFL that Pickett and the Bills were going to get together.Check it out.Gotta keep those LB's of yours free to do their thing.You sure gotta love Fletcher and the boys.Wish we had him.
You better believe it! Fletch was one of the few guys who was playing his heart out every down last year. I'm glad to hear we're meeting with Pickett though...great news!:cheers:

lileyho240
03-09-2006, 08:16 PM
i will refuse to believe that the bills are gonna pick Vernon Davis intill draft day..Bills need a DT or a NT to be able to stop the run which they couldnt do that last year...Cards pick VD the duke of birds!

JimHart
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM

Buffalo can do as they wish ... but wasn't Pickett a major league bust for the Rams? A first rounder who is let go by the team who drafted him just 5 years later? I've heard nothing positive about Pickett.

azcards05
03-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Eh... id be fine with either of these three: Vernon Davis/AJ Hawk/Dante Whitner... with a few others being :ok:

SULLY
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
i just thought it was funny. not one person was right or even on the same page.

thesmel
08-01-2006, 04:06 PM
trade! and get an extra 2nd round the values in the 2nd round
I didn't dream matt would fall to 10

finally
08-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah,
Good thing Matt fell. It is nice to be able to sit our rookie qb for a year with a very capable starter for him to learn from instead of having to throw him in the fire from day one.

DaOutLawEdgeJames
08-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah,
Good thing Matt fell. It is nice to be able to sit our rookie qb for a year with a very capable starter for him to learn from instead of having to throw him in the fire from day one.

First we need to sign him:exclamationmark:

footballdan
08-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Had no idea this thread was still alive....hehe! I would rather have Leinart instead of Young. Young is to much of a project. Leinart is a pro QB. I'm pumped.

T.J.
08-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Just wanted to point out that I was the only one on this board that predicted the Leinart pick!!!

See?? I guess I am the smartest Cardinal fan ever!!! :iconrolf:

SULLY
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Had no idea this thread was still alive....hehe! I would rather have Leinart instead of Young. Young is to much of a project. Leinart is a pro QB. I'm pumped.

thats why i revived it