PDA

View Full Version : Rams ready to sign Witherspoon

Saturn5
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Rams | Team poised to sign Witherspoon?
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:12:51 -0800
Pat Yasinskas (http://www.kffl.com/link/128), of the Charlotte Observer (http://www.kffl.com/link/129), reports the St. Louis Rams (http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl) appear to be poised to sign free agent LB Will Witherspoon (http://www.kffl.com/player/5650/nfl) (Panthers). The Rams (http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl) could pay him as much as $13 million in bonus money.

Keenum
03-11-2006, 08:33 PM
This is the first offseason in a few years the Rams are making impressive offseason moves.

10 bucks says it's because Martz isn't there.:d'oh:

I do know the Dolphins made a sudden jump for Witherspoon. It'll be between the Rams and Fins.

the wild cards
03-11-2006, 08:36 PM
This is the first offseason in a few years the Rams are making impressive offseason moves.

10 bucks says it's because Martz isn't there.:d'oh:

I do know the Dolphins made a sudden jump for Witherspoon. It'll be between the Rams and Fins.
The RAMS have made the WORST MOVES in offseason this year. Glover's numbers are pathetiic and he's old. Chavous is the WORST Safety in football maybe the WORST DEFENDER in football can neither STOP THE RUN OR PASS. They blew 6 million on an OLD BRUCE

Witherspoon is a solid player. 1 good signing won't make up for some terrible overpaying and bad signings

RAMS are headed DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keenum
03-11-2006, 08:43 PM
The RAMS have made the WORST MOVES in offseason this year. Glover's numbers are pathetiic and he's old. Chavous is the WORST Safety in football maybe the WORST DEFENDER in football can neither STOP THE RUN OR PASS. They blew 6 million on an OLD BRUCE

Witherspoon is a solid player. 1 good signing won't make up for some terrible overpaying and bad signings

I see your point, but Glover has got to bring improvement. The Rams gave up their worst yardage allowed EVER last yaer. Chavous is old, and had a bad year last year, but it's better than sticking in some random guy for FS (Why in the heck did they cut Mike Furrey!?!? He actually WORKED).

I think Bruce can still be productive... if he can stay healthy. Key word being if.

As far as the Rams heading down... I'll go with you on that... whenever they play the Cards:Cards logo: :biggrin:

AussieCardinal
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM

lol ur an idiot, they have picked some good players, dont try and talk them down coz there the rams. thats pretty pathetic:shutup:

Mookie
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM
You do realize that WR's are still productive well into their 30s... Jimmy Smith is still tearing it up at 36... Joe Horn started coming on in his late 30s... JR and Tim Brown played till they were 40... Plus, Ike doesnt take many hits when he gets receptions...

the wild cards
03-11-2006, 09:32 PM
You mean like when they signed Claiborne last year and RELEASED him this year. LOL Rams are CLUELESS.

Glover had 28 tackles last year Clancy had more playing in a rotation in NY! LOL!

Chavous had 3 passes defensed last year. LOL!

Bruce playing with 2 excellent recievers managed 36 catches.

RAMS = overpaying for old BELOW AVERAGE players

bzcardfan
03-11-2006, 09:32 PM
"The RAMS have made the WORST MOVES in offseason this year. Glover's numbers are pathetiic and he's old. Chavous is the WORST Safety in football maybe the WORST DEFENDER in football can neither STOP THE RUN OR PASS. They blew 6 million on an OLD BRUCE

RAMS are headed DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

^^^^
wow you are a ******* *****. la'roi glover is still one of the best DL in the NFL and corey chavous is undoubtedly the second best STRONG SAFETY in the league behind adub. and as for him having a bad year...didn't he go to the pro bowl. chavous became a stud the instant he left the cardinals. i will agree that the law signing is ** as he is old and overrated to begin with. the rams are making great offseason moves, but none of these players are going to be game winners...so the rams will be 6-10 again

the wild cards
03-11-2006, 09:33 PM
"The RAMS have made the WORST MOVES in offseason this year. Glover's numbers are pathetiic and he's old. Chavous is the WORST Safety in football maybe the WORST DEFENDER in football can neither STOP THE RUN OR PASS. They blew 6 million on an OLD BRUCE

^^^^
wow you are a ******* *****. la'roi glover is still one of the best DL in the NFL and corey chavous is undoubtedly the second best STRONG SAFETY in the league behind adub. and as for him having a bad year...didn't he go to the pro bowl. chavous became a stud the instant he left the cardinals. i will agree that the law signing is ** as he is old and overrated to begin with. the rams are making great offseason moves, but none of these players are going to be game winners...so the rams will be 6-10 again
Glover had 28 tackles last year Clancy had more playing in a rotation in NY! LOL!

Mookie
03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
You mean like when they signed Claiborne last year and RELEASED him this year. LOL Rams are CLUELESS.

Glover had 23 tackles last year Clancy had more playing in a rotation in NY! LOL!

RAMS = overpaying for old BELOW AVERAGE players

you do realize he was playing in a 3-4 defense...

the wild cards
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
you do realize he was playing in a 3-4 defense...
Glover had 28 as a NT

Hampton had 42 as a NT

Wilfork had 54 as a NT

Heck KOLO had 23 only 5 behind the great Glover

BigDavis75
03-11-2006, 09:44 PM

^^^^

Hey its my first post back. The board looks a lot better, is Lisa still running it?

Anyway Chavous is in no way shape or form the second best SS in the league, I can name 10-15 guys I would take over him.

Here's the list:

Polamalu
Michael Lewis
Ed Reed
Sanders
Boulware
Harrison
Mike Brown
R. Williams
Tank Williams
J. Phillips
Marlon McRee (he is a natural FS, but he played SS for the Panthers and if you don't count him then Minter)
Gred Wesley
Then maybe older guys like Milloy and Darius

BigDavis75
03-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Glover had 28 as a NT

Hampton had 42 as a NT

Wilfork had 54 as a NT

I agree that Glover is really on the downside of his career but in his defense, he shared time with Ferguson and is not a NT in a 3-4 scheme. Also, he is much more of a pass rusher than those other guys.

the wild cards
03-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Rams are making mistakes in FA keep it up!!!!!

BigDavis75
03-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Chavous is one of the WORST STARTING FOOTBALL PLAYERS in the NFL period.
Glover is TERRIBLY OVERRATED (remember Claiborne last year).
Bruce is not worth 6 million.

Witherspoon is LEGIT if they sign him that's a good pick up.

I've seen you post that three times, it really doesn't need to be said again. I'm agreeing with you remember?

the wild cards
03-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I've seen you post that three times, it really doesn't need to be said again. I'm agreeing with you remember?
Sorry dude I am excited about the EDGE thing and am flipping all over the net to find info on Edge and FA in general. :Cards logo: :toot:

RDU
03-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Glover had 28 as a NT

Hampton had 42 as a NT

Wilfork had 54 as a NT

WC, i don't normally rip people when im visiting their teams board and i certainly won't go near the love of Denny you seem to have because it makes you happy and im cool with that and you seem to cop a lot of grief already over that but you do realise that the NT in the 3-4 sole purpose is to tie up blockers and allow his LB's to get to the ball carrier ? Tackles for a NT is useless, plus he was playing out of position AND shared time with Ferguson.

Am i saying he's the best DT out there? Of course not. but he is clearly better than anything we've got at the moment. Plus, put him back in the 4-3 and maybe we can finally have a pass rush outside Leonard Little

Chavous is a better safety than Arch so we get better there. But again, im not saying he's going to out there and become the second coming of a Lott

Witherspoon is a stud. Nuff said

bzcardfan
03-12-2006, 06:34 AM
chavous has had ONE bad year since leaving the cards...last year. before that-pro bowler. the rams signed him and glover which i believe are good moves...as will be signing witherspoon. however, the rams still lack a consistant QB, a stud RB, a OLINE that can block(outside of pace), a defesive line that puts pressure on the QB, a secondary capable of covering a wheelchair olympic football recieving corps, and a coach that doesn't suck at everything. so signing 3 or 4 decent players isn't gonna change the fact that the rams will be lucky to end up as the 3rd team in the NFC West

RDU
03-12-2006, 06:44 AM
We'll see.

You were right about the D-Line (although Glover helps) and the secondary (although having Chavous there instead of Arch helps also). Not sure what you mean about the coaching jab?

Rams have good cornerstones on the O-Line with Pace and Barron, but they need help with the interior. Bulger is a very good QB and Jackson is 23yrs old, i think we can give him a little more time

bzcardfan
03-12-2006, 06:47 AM
barron is a fudging bust...he got worked over by our very own antonio smith. and your coach is the genius responsible for that fantastic miami dolphins offense last year

RDU
03-12-2006, 07:13 AM
barron is a fudging bust...he got worked over by our very own antonio smith. and your coach is the genius responsible for that fantastic miami dolphins offense last year

Look, its CLEAR you didn't see a lot of Rams games last season so stop posting nonsense about Barron being a bust. Barron played better than Pace on occasions. Barron played very well this past season, but he's no Oliver Ross :iconrolf:

And the Miami offense was 14th last season. With Gun slinger Gus Frerotte as the QB so i really don't know what your talking about in regards to that

the wild cards
03-12-2006, 09:16 AM
And it's clear you did NOT watch many Vikings games either if you think Chavous is good even calling him average or mediocre is a stretch he REEKS!
You have no idea how bad Chavous is. I mean you will puke ABSOLUTELY puke when you see this guy in action. He is late on run support and late in coverage. He has no speed. He gets beat by any move a reciever puts on him. He cannot cover TEs and RBs. He is the MOST USELESS player in the NFL. You will find this out for yourself.

As for Linehan he has always been overrated because Moss made him. Linehan has no clue on designing red zone plays or 2 minute offenses that work. He is also terrible in game calling. And he's PASS HAPPY isn't that what people hated about Martz?

RDU
03-12-2006, 08:11 PM
And it's clear you did NOT watch many Vikings games either if you think Chavous is good even calling him average or mediocre is a stretch he REEKS!
You have no idea how bad Chavous is. I mean you will puke ABSOLUTELY puke when you see this guy in action. He is late on run support and late in coverage. He has no speed. He gets beat by any move a reciever puts on him. He cannot cover TEs and RBs. He is the MOST USELESS player in the NFL. You will find this out for yourself.

As for Linehan he has always been overrated because Moss made him. Linehan has no clue on designing red zone plays or 2 minute offenses that work. He is also terrible in game calling. And he's PASS HAPPY isn't that what people hated about Martz?

All i said was Chavous is a better safety that Archuleta. Which for everybody outside the NFC West is **** but to the people that actually watch Arch play the last 2 seasons know the truth. let arch go to the Skin's for 40 million or whatever that crackpot Snyder will pay him. Archuleta is the most overrated safety in the NFL. BAR NONE

And Moss made Linehan ? Are you serious ????? Thank God you told me that because here i was thinking Linehan's Viking offense ranked #1 in 04 when Moss missed several games was a pretty good effort. But your probably right, i mean Moss did make Kerry Collins and co just look GREAT last year :banghead:

BigDinGlenDale
03-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm actually agreeing with a Rams fan....wow.

RDU is right fellas, (or just wild cards), Glover should be playing 4-3, like the Rams play, and Chavous is a better saftey than Arch. Chavous isn't a "great" safety, but he gets the job done.

70 some odd tackles and 2 int's isn't that bad.

the wild cards
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm actually agreeing with a Rams fan....wow.

RDU is right fellas, (or just wild cards), Glover should be playing 4-3, like the Rams play, and Chavous is a better saftey than Arch. Chavous isn't a "great" safety, but he gets the job done.

70 some odd tackles and 2 int's isn't that bad.
Arch is a better run stopper then Chavous.
Therefore Arch is better since he can do at least 1 thing Chavous can do 0 ZERO things!!!

RDU
03-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Arch is a better run stopper then Chavous.

Not entirely. Arch hasn't been the same since the back injury. Arch really helped in the run defense the past two years though hasn't he ? And if he's not getting it done in his supposed strength what good is he?

Archuleta is the most overrated SS there is