PDA

View Full Version : EDGE Haters....

azbmxican
09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
please stand up and eat crow.

VACardsFan74
09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I'd still like to see him break one though...he's like an Emmitt on a good run...good for about 30 until they catch up...he's still really good...that's not dissing him by comparing him to Emmitt...the HOF'er...Edge is on track for the hall himself....a lock IF he can win one for us...

The Curmudgeon
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM
By the time we got Emmitt he was pretty much washed up. Edge still has a lot of game in him (ask the seahogs). That is not denigrating Emmitt. just acknowledging a fact.

Leesters
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM

You know, Edge haters are really just O-Line haters in disquise. And they will be very quiet today.

Newsflash: The Arizona Cardinals have a good offensive line. I've never seen this. Fan for 20 years.

There are two back ups on this line. Edge ran for 5.1 yards per carry today. 5.1

They put 8 men in the box at the end of the game. The fat boys destroyed them. (whoops. Grimms boys arent' so fat anymore are they? Size does NOT matter when it comes to a modern O-Line)

SunDevilDon, I'd sure like to see a Edge/O-Line special edition this week. Highlight those pancakes, brother!

VACardsFan74
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
By the time we got Emmitt he was pretty much washed up. Edge still has a lot of game in him (ask the seahogs). That is not denigrating Emmitt. just acknowledging a fact.

I would say any back was washed up the year Emmitt showed up to play for us..with the way our line played back then...but anyway, only in Emmitt's early days did I see some breakaway runs...he just put up big numbers every game running for 5 YPC..

pg13
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
There was nothing wrong with Edge that a little blocking couldn't fix, and now you've seen it. On the td run, if there had been a longer distance to run you would have see a 50 yarder or more. Turned out there was only 17 for him to get. He's running the ball. He's catching the ball. He's picking up blitzes. This is what he can do, WHEN he gets a little help!:smallfootball:

Darth Llama
09-16-2007, 09:14 PM
At this rate, Edge will once again be one of the top 5 backs in the league. His performance today was beyond belief.

Yes, the line opened some holes, they did a good job, but Edge was seeing the field like he did in Indy. They opened a hole for a split second, the Edge hit it.

It was.. simply amazing. Right now, I wouldn't trade him for any other back in our division. And that's saying something.

SunDevilDon
09-16-2007, 09:19 PM

I was gonna wait a few games to start my Crow Eating thread but since you already did, I'll eat my crow. Didn't ever HATE Edge, but after watching so many of his carries last year it didn't seem like he was running hard. Now we know, it was because he had nowhere to run!!!

That crow was good, but better with some Sirachi.

Darth Llama
09-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I was gonna wait a few games to start my Crow Eating thread but since you already did, I'll eat my crow. Didn't ever HATE Edge, but after watching so many of his carries last year it didn't seem like he was running hard. Now we know, it was because he had nowhere to run!!!

That crow was good, but better with some Sirachi.

In your defense.. I don't think Edge did run this hard last year. I think last year he was deflated and unhappy, and just going through the motions. Our line has improved, no one can deny that, but Edge is not the same as he was.

thesmel
09-16-2007, 09:26 PM
he hasn't hit his stride yet IMO

1. He's in better shape than last year and those extra 3-5 yard whooooops he makes at the end of plays didn't come last year.

2. The passing game is not clicking on all cylinders when we string a few together and get a defense on their pass defense heals the long ones wil open up on the EDGE. He is making 127 out of many quality short and medium range runs he could have popped 1 50 yarder and been at 177 yards.

3. Our OLine are mere babies they grow with each game
2nd year Pope and Deuce and Rookie Levi Brown and the center . mix in a 2nd year qb and half our offense has incredible upside.

I am all warm and Fuzzy the best of Edge is yet to come.
:wave:

native az
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Now all the Shipp lovers can put down the Kool Aid and admit that Edge is 20times the back the Tug Boat is.

I do love the Tug Boat but he is no Edge.

SunDevilDon
09-16-2007, 09:32 PM
In your defense.. I don't think Edge did run this hard last year. I think last year he was deflated and unhappy, and just going through the motions. Our line has improved, no one can deny that, but Edge is not the same as he was.

Could you imagine what LT or Adrian Peterson could do with some of those holes that our O-Line has been opening??? Of course, with Peterson, the holes wouldn't be as big since Brown wouldn't be there to help open them. Just goes to show you that last year we were UNDERCOACHED, and at this point, I'd say we are OVERCOACHED, as far as the line is concerned. It was several weeks of "gelling" until the line looked even close to this good last year.

Darth Llama
09-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Could you imagine what LT or Adrian Peterson could do with some of those holes that our O-Line has been opening??? Of course, with Peterson, the holes wouldn't be as big since Brown wouldn't be there to help open them. Just goes to show you that last year we were UNDERCOACHED, and at this point, I'd say we are OVERCOACHED, as far as the line is concerned. It was several weeks of "gelling" until the line looked even close to this good last year.

We disagree there Don. I am no where near convinced that Adrian Peterson is for real. He was awful today, and I expect him to go down with injury within the next 2 weeks.

We'll see, but I'm still happy we didn't take him. I'm telling you, he's made of glass. If he has a good year, and stays healthy, feel free to quote me at the end of the year and I'll eat my crow. But I'm still saying AP doesn't have a good year. Levi Brown was the right pick.

SunDevilDon
09-16-2007, 09:44 PM
We disagree there Don. I am no where near convinced that Adrian Peterson is for real. He was awful today, and I expect him to go down with injury within the next 2 weeks.

We'll see, but I'm still happy we didn't take him. I'm telling you, he's made of glass. If he has a good year, and stays healthy, feel free to quote me at the end of the year and I'll eat my crow. But I'm still saying AP doesn't have a good year. Levi Brown was the right pick.

Well we "semi-agree", I just threw him out there as an example off the top of my head, could have been Garrison Hearst or Thomas Jones back in the day. I have always thought AP would be a gamer when i saw him in the Army High School game, but yes, I agree, he obviously has a tendancy to get hurt, so assuming he stays healthy most of his career, he'll be a baller.

azbmxican
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
heck no!!!! Im soo ******** happy we got Levi. Sure, he is not gonna be on the highlight reel, like Adrian/Russel/Calvin johnson, but heck we now what he is doing for us!!

cardinal eric
09-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I've said it over 1,000 times before and I'll say it 1,000 times more...come game day Edge is the least of our concerns.He can play for me any day.He is one of the hardest workers and runners in the league.Peyton said he was the smartest player he has played with.Nuff said.:Cards logo: :toothorn: :Cards logo:

Leesters
09-17-2007, 12:00 AM

I don't think any other back could do all that much better than Edgerrin James, no matter how big the holes are.

Edge did alot of that work on his own. He has a certain style, and he's one of the best in the league at it. Giving A. Peterson the rookie more credit than a future hall of famer is a strange perspective.

I think you should give Edge more credit. I saw 2 yard gains turned into 8 yard gains by Edge's crafty running.

Northern Soul
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I dont hate any Cards player, but I guess I am one of the guys this is aimed at.

Great game Edge. Nice one :cardinals:

wooshta_9
09-17-2007, 12:43 AM
I think the past 2 weeks have shown he can do it aswell as any back in the league. Now the line is working well he is starting to reap the rewards. Any "Edge Haters" ought to dissapear fast cos he da man. :Cards logo:

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Mr. James had another nice outing.

There has, however, never been hate involved in my honest critiquing. Neither do factual statements require the consumption of Corvus brachyrhynchos.

jutang403
09-17-2007, 07:28 AM
I agree I thing Edgerin is playing great. He definitely does have the break away speed but he is unbelievable at finding the holes and is one of the hardest running backs to stop from moving forward. He is constantly getting that extra one or two yards on every run. I was scared for a while about Edgerin, I was not sure if he would ever be the same rb again after his knee injury. I thought he lost a step but I read an article on a new site that I like,

http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/team/arizona_cardinals/46/news.jsp?a=f&k=1&track=titlebox&atype=5&atagtype=1

where Edgerin was talking about his off season. Edgerin was aware of the rumors about how he lost a step and had serious talks with scouts from the team and other people he trusted to find out if others thought he lost a step. The consensus all around was that he was running hard with no where to go, that the offensive line was just killing him. Edge took these rumors to heart and wants to show everybody this year why he was once the top rb in the league. Keep running kid!

jutang403
09-17-2007, 07:55 AM
I agree I think Edgerin is playing with determination this year. He definitely does not have the break away speed but he is unbelievable at finding the holes and is one of the hardest running backs to stop from moving forward. He is constantly getting that extra one or two yards on every run. I was scared for a while about Edgerin, I was not sure if he would ever be the same rb again after his knee injury. I thought he lost a step but I read an article on a new site that I like

http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/team/arizona_cardinals/46/news.jsp?a=f&k=1&track=titlebox&atype=5&atagtype=1

where Edgerin was talking about his off season. Edgerin was aware of the rumors about how he lost a step and had serious talks with scouts from the team and other people he trusted to find out if others thought he lost a step. The consensus all around was that he was running hard with no where to go, that the offensive line was just killing him. Edge took these rumors to heart and wants to show everybody this year why he was once the top rb in the league. Keep running kid!

azbmxican
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Mr. James had another nice outing.

There has, however, never been hate involved in my honest critiquing. Neither do factual statements require the consumption of Corvus brachyrhynchos.

bla bla bla, guranteed if EDGE would of only gotten 50 yards on the ground you would be one of the first ones to make a thread pouncing on the dude.

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
bla bla bla, guranteed if EDGE would of only gotten 50 yards on the ground you would be one of the first ones to make a thread pouncing on the dude.

You couldn't be more mistaken. In fact I challenge you to find a single thread started by me that pounces on any of our players.

I give my opinions in the course of discussion, I have never made a thread specifically to put a player "on blast".

azbmxican
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
You couldn't be more mistaken. In fact I challenge you to find a single thread started by me that pounces on any of our players.

I give my opinions in the course of discussion, I have never made a thread specifically to put a player "on blast".

so, you are just trying to word your sayings differently now? Ok, so if I tell you are old,lost a step,doesnt help the line look good either,etc etc that is not blastin/hating but just saying your opinion? They go hand to hand bud.

I certainly do not see him being the best all-around back in the NFC west and I don't think he will miss being a top ten back in the NFC again. The O-line will be better but the talent level is not that much improved and, as we all saw last year, Mr. James is not the kind of back that makes an O-line look better than it is.

"and I do think he will miss being a top ten back in the NFL again."

azbmxican
09-17-2007, 11:45 AM
however, DesertDAVE I'll end my lil feud with you. We are both CARDS fans. We all know we loved that win, and to tell you the truth as long as we win, I don't care who we got!!:smallfootball: :smallfootball: :cardinals:

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Edit:

Fair enough, in light of the extended olive branch I'll edit my response.

D.Payne #29
09-17-2007, 11:52 AM

I already did. I heart edge.:Cards logo:

Carddan
09-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Would you consider changing this: "'There is no 'I' in team'. However, there is 'I' and 'Me' in Edgerrin James."

After the game Sunday when reporters asked James to comment on his performance, he said: "I don't want to talk right now, go talk to the Offensive Line."

I am looking to reduce the negativism. We should be proud of our team and James played like a pro-bowler on Sunday.

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Would you consider changing this: "'There is no 'I' in team'. However, there is 'I' and 'Me' in Edgerrin James."

After the game Sunday when reporters asked James to comment on his performance, he said: "I don't want to talk right now, go talk to the Offensive Line."

I am looking to reduce the negativism. We should be proud of our team and James played like a pro-bowler on Sunday.

But, there is an "i" in Edgerrin and a "me" in James.

This is my attempt to illustrate that facts are simply facts and are not inherently positive or negative.

Inference is the responsibilty of the reader, not the writer.

Carddan
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM

You lose the challenge by the quote that ends all of your posts, no? I have no problem acknowledging the perspective of your observations, however, the implication that James is selfish is negative and shows up on every post you make.

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
See post #30 in this thread.

indyEDGEfan
09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
You know, Edge haters are really just O-Line haters in disquise. And they will be very quiet today.

Newsflash: The Arizona Cardinals have a good offensive line. I've never seen this. Fan for 20 years.

There are two back ups on this line. Edge ran for 5.1 yards per carry today. 5.1

They put 8 men in the box at the end of the game. The fat boys destroyed them. (whoops. Grimms boys arent' so fat anymore are they? Size does NOT matter when it comes to a modern O-Line)

SunDevilDon, I'd sure like to see a Edge/O-Line special edition this week. Highlight those pancakes, brother!

This is bologna. You are no o-line hater. You are an "Edge" hater. You claimed "Edge" didn't run hard. You claimed "Edge" wasn't a good teammate. You claimed "Edge" hated preseason and wouldn't work out with the team. "You" were the one spewing all the negativity (in support of the King of "Edge" haters-dfront). These comments have nothing to do with the o-line. You know, just because you haven't bashed "Edge" in awhile doesn't mean other posters on this board aren't watching the haters flip flopping. We love your revisionist history. Hell, the proof is in your sig. You're so predictable.

Go Colts/Cards

Carddan
09-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Dave, you're fast. I believe that inference is the responsibility of the writer, not the reader. While there are certainly the letters "I" and "me" in his name, am I wrong to assume that your pointing it out is to imply selfishness on his part? As the writer, you have to accept responsibilty for your inferences. If you believe that James is not a team player and is more concerned with "I" and "me" then say so. If not, then don't imply it. No hostility here, I support this team and thought that Edge's comment to the reporter after the game was very team oriented.

megadog
09-17-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm not an EDGE hater (just disappointed), but I'll stand and eat my own spiced-up crow .:peace:

:cardinals:

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Dave, you're fast. I believe that inference is the responsibility of the writer, not the reader. While there are certainly the letters "I" and "me" in his name, am I wrong to assume that your pointing it out is to imply selfishness on his part? As the writer, you have to accept responsibilty for your inferences. If you believe that James is not a team player and is more concerned with "I" and "me" then say so. If not, then don't imply it. No hostility here, I support this team and thought that Edge's comment to the reporter after the game was very team oriented.

You hit it at one point - Implication comes from the writer/speaker.

Inference from the reader/listener.

My pointing out the presence of the I and Me is done intentionally to ruffle the feathers of the various members of these forums who have gigantic issues with people being factual and labeling those people as 'negatve' 'bashers' and 'haters'.

BTW: Thanks! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to call me out on this so I could go over exactly why my sig is what it is. :D

Carddan
09-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm not interested in seeing any Cardinals' fan eat crow about the Edge. It is obvious that every back the Cards have had for 20 years usually took the first hit in the backfield and this year there have been HOLES to hit instead. As fans we are coming together and putting the past behind us while not forgetting it. Can we agree that the crow we want to watch someone eat is Edge biting the Ravens next week?

indyEDGEfan
09-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Hey Dan,

DesertDave is talking down to us. He's trying to incite with his doublespeak. It's like talking to an elite Clintonian. You know-what the meaning of the word "is" is? He speaks as if it's our fault he hates "Edge". Really, I feel sorry for him. However, I fall into his (and other hater's) trap everytime :-). I just hate "haters". Does that make me a hater?

Anyway, great game and team win!

Go Colts/Cards

Carddan
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
You hit it at one point - Implication comes from the writer/speaker.

Inference from the reader/listener.

My pointing out the presence of the I and Me is done intentionally to ruffle the feathers of the various members of these forums who have gigantic issues with people being factual and labeling those people as 'negatve' 'bashers' and 'haters'.

BTW: Thanks! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to call me out on this so I could go over exactly why my sig is what it is. :D

You're welcome. It's funny because your sig annoyed me from the first time I read it but your posts did not. I try not to be judgemental about other Cardinal fans. We have had a long, hard and disheartening road. I believe we will find the promised land and encourage others to have faith and hope. I always try to do this without hate. Thanks for your honesty, We Do This Together. (now change your sig because it is disheartening to us :wink:)

DesertDave
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM
You're welcome. It's funny because your sig annoyed me from the first time I read it but your posts did not. I try not to be judgemental about other Cardinal fans. We have had a long, hard and disheartening road. I believe we will find the promised land and encourage others to have faith and hope. I always try to do this without hate. Thanks for your honesty, We Do This Together. (now change your sig because it is disheartening to us :wink:)

:bluelol: :iconrolf:

Fair enough, now that it's served it's purpose I can do that.

Nice to have an actual discussion for change too. Thank for that also!

Carddan
09-17-2007, 12:38 PM
:bluelol: :iconrolf:

Fair enough, now that it's served it's purpose I can do that.

Nice to have an actual discussion for change too. Thank for that also!

Right back at you.:bluelol: Wouldn't it be funny if we ruffled a few Ravens' feathers and sent them to 1-2? There's nothing like winning to cure what ails ya'. We have a long ways to go but that doesn't mean it's not worth the trip.

Mephisto
09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Edge has looked solid in both games. All it takes is a hole to finally run through. He had few last season. Now that he has daylight he runs rather well, amazing, huh?.......:sarcasm:

pg13
09-17-2007, 02:34 PM
:ha:
:pointup:
:cardinals:

cyscopup
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
We haven't even seen the best of Edge!!! Just wait till Matt starts playing the way we expect him too, then you will see Edge in all his HOF glory.:nelson:

FleaFlicker
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I confess, I am a recoving Edge Hater. I was so excited last summer when Edge came to AZ. My excitement was dashed from game one of '06 when I watched Edge run into human wall after sweaty human wall out on the field every Sunday.

I thought, the Colts had dressed a turkey and sent it to AZ with their fingers crossed behind their backs.

Colts = :nelson: Cards = How could this be??? :d'oh:

Then during the Sunday night game between the Colts and Saints, Madden said Tony Dungy was quoted as saying that Edge was the most intelligent player he knew. That's says volumes, Tony Dungy is sharp guy = S-Bowl Coach.

Then yesterday I finally witnessed the Edge the Colts enjoyed. In '06 it wasn't the player, it was the situation. It's '07 now, I'm repenting all my "What's with deal with Edge?" remarks. I'm converting to "Edge is the Real Deal" comments from now on. Step one of my 12 Step Program to recovery.

We're Cards Fans - We all have complexes!!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_12800~Jack-Nicholson-Posters.jpg RAVENS = RIP, You're Goin' Down!

azbmxican
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
It's ok fleaflicker!!! You are admitting to your wrong, step one is already done. Lets enjoy another 105+ rushing game from EDGE this sundday.

Northern Soul
09-18-2007, 12:09 AM
After reading this thread I now no longer 'hate Edge' but maybe some of his *** kissers :nelson:

FleaFlicker
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
It's ok fleaflicker!!! You are admitting to your wrong, step one is already done. Lets enjoy another 105+ rushing game from EDGE this sundday.

Thanks, I feel so better now. :yahoo:

Hollywood
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
I am gladly telling anyone that will listen that I was wrong. I can't remember a time that I was happier to be wrong about something. Edge is the man. His vision is great and he not only falls forward he lunges forward which gives him an extra 2-3 yards. I was wrong. I will happily eat my crow because I was wrong.

JollyRoger
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
What the ****! "There's no Edge hating in football!"

woodyscolts88
09-28-2007, 05:22 AM
It is nice to see some of you guys finally appreciating the Edge. I only wish he could have still been in Indy to also get a ring. However I am rooting for the Cards to get him one before he retires. Unless of course it comes against the Colts.

kjbad
09-28-2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07270/820884-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Defense's goal: Keep James under 100

Thursday, September 27, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers' defense Sunday meets the most recent runner to gain 100 yards on them, and they're betting it will not happen again.

Edgerrin James ran 29 times for 124 yards against the Steelers when he was with the Colts Nov. 28, 2005, in Indianapolis.

They have played 28 games since then, including playoffs, without giving up another. Sunday, James will line up with the Arizona Cardinals and try it again. He is the only runner to gain 100 yards against the Steelers in the past 53 games.

Linebacker Larry Foote does not like James' chances.

"How many in a row, 28?" Foote asked. "If I were a betting man, I wouldn't bet on it."

Foote said the Steelers played a lot of dime defense against the no-huddle Colts that day.

"It wasn't our true defense. We were running a lot of zone, and it was a cheap 100. But he got it. He is one of the best backs. He broke a lot of tackles that game. We definitely have our eye on him because we know what he can do."