PDA

View Full Version : Bart Scott re-signs with Ravens

Saturn5
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Jamison Hensley (http://www.kffl.com/link/170), of the Baltimore Sun (http://www.kffl.com/link/169), reports the Baltimore Ravens (http://www.kffl.com/team/8/nfl) have re-signed free agent LB Bart Scott (http://www.kffl.com/player/7854/nfl) (Ravens) to a three-year contract. Scott will receive a total deal worth $13.5 million, including a $6.5 million signing bonus. He is scheduled to earn $1 million this season, $2.6 million in 2007 and $3.4 million in 2008.

37intx
03-12-2006, 03:42 PM
WHO CARES?!? We signed edge...besides, what kind of football player is named Bart anyway?

CardsFan1399
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Too bad. Sounded like he could have been a nice addition. There's still plenty of time and FA's available. Any word on Hope or Neal?

Saturn5
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Bart Starr

Saturn5
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Hope was being courted by the brownies

37intx
03-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Bart Starr

It was :sarcasm:

Belac44
03-12-2006, 03:56 PM
No biggie, sounds like he is better suited for a 3-4 defense with another LB inside with him.

the wild cards
03-12-2006, 03:57 PM
They overpaid it's no biggie.

And WASH OVERPAID FOR RANDLE EL!!!

They're gone!!!!!

sundevil04
03-12-2006, 03:58 PM
hope and mawae and ill be VERY excited

Belac44
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
hope and mawae and ill be VERY excited

Those would be nice additions.

Mookie
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Hope will be asking for a monster contract... 5 years 25-30 mill with probably an 8 mill signing bonous... Mawae would probably be asking for a 2-3 year deal worth 10-15 mill and about a 7-8 mill signing bonous. I would like to get one or the other.... if not a nice LB... Arrington, Peterson or Ayodele.

the wild cards
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Hutch offer sheet: 7 yrs, $49 million, $16 guaranteed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have signed Seahawks Pro Bowl offensive guard Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet for a whopping $49 million over seven years. The deal also includes $16 million in guaranteed money, huge money for a guard, and a very high cap number in the first year. The reason for the cap number is to prevent the Seahawks from matching the offer.

Seattle tagged Hutchinson with the "transition" tag and thus have the right to match any offer. At the time they transitioned him instead of franchising him, the Seahawks probably believed they could match any offer. They still may decide to match the deal, which would give them the most expensive side to an offensive line in league history. Hutchinson teamed with Walter Jones to make up the best blocking side in football as well.

In recent days, many of Hutchinson's teammates have known there would be a strong possibility that he would be leaving for Minnesota via free agency. He flew to Minneapolis late Saturday and agreed to terms Sunday afternoon.

Seattle now must decide to match the offer or let him go.

Cardz81
03-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Hawks losing him would make me almost (ALMOST) as happy as the Edge signing . :lollollol:

the wild cards
03-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Let's see how Shaun does WITHOUT Hutch out there:hurray: :hurray:

Oaken1
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow, they gave him the T. Owens deal!! That is way too much money for a guard!!!
At anywhere near that amount of cash I am glad we never made him an offer.
On the other hand, IMO Mawae could be had for about 3.5-4.5 per year including bonus' over 2-3 years. He knows he is at the end of his career and the best he brings to the table is mentorship for younger guys. I would say he goes for $5mil a year tops including all bonus'.
I really would like to see us get an OT though, a guy like Runyan would be great on the right side with Ross moving to Guard.

the wild cards
03-12-2006, 04:23 PM
The ONLY way they could get him away from SEATTLE was a huge frontloaded deal. Is Seattle wants to keep him they will have to virtually use up their cap on him and have very little left over. They are bleeding right now lost their best TD WR, S who played excellent and likely to lose best DT. They had to decide on who to keep and picked Shaun.

Thank God the Vikes did this kind of deal I was praying someone would if we couldn't. I highly doubt Seattle matches.

PFT said his year 1 total payout would be 13 million dollars Seattle's tag on him was worth I think 6.8 million so it would cost Seattle another 6 million just next year to keep him. Then he gets 6 million a year after that for 6 years. I wonder if he didn't feel like going back to Seattle signing a deal like that.

We know why Minny didnt get Edge they wanted Hutch he gets more next year then any player in FA will get.