PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins | Shelton signed

Jttsaz
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Dolphins | Shelton signed
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:16:01 -0800

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have signed free agent OT L.J. Shelton (Browns) to a four-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.

kjbad
03-13-2006, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't disclose how much I paid him either....why get laughed at?

BullheadCardFan
03-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't disclose how much I paid him either....why get laughed at?

:greenjumpers:

Lebo
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Boy fat boy LJ gets another contract. How is that possible? He is supposedly so ******** incompetent that he couldn't start anywhere. He leaves the Browns for a better deal with the Dolphins. And this comes on the heels of
Kendall getting another deal with the Jets.
Wildcards and the others that went on and on about how awful these two so called "cancers" were on the Cardinals. Funny how other teams keep giving them new deals! Egg on your face dudes...that's all I say. And you know who you are.

lukeb4dunk
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Boy fat boy LJ gets another contract. How is that possible? He is supposedly so ******** incompetent that he couldn't start anywhere. He leaves the Browns for a better deal with the Dolphins. And this comes on the heels of
Kendall getting another deal with the Jets.
Wildcards and the others that went on and on about how awful these two so called "cancers" were on the Cardinals. Funny how other teams keep giving them new deals! Egg on your face dudes...that's all I say. And you know who you are.

I just posted something to this point. Because Denny let these players go, added to our poor play at the 0-line. He let more go than we had to replace them.

AussieCardinal
03-13-2006, 11:32 PM
L.J:pointup:

cards_fan9
03-13-2006, 11:34 PM
hey aussie card what afl team do you follow?

AussieCardinal
03-13-2006, 11:38 PM
hey aussie card what afl team do you follow?
Richmond Tigers!!:toot:

Lebo
03-14-2006, 01:27 AM
L.J:pointup:
Glad to see you think it's amusing we cost ourselves at least two wins last season because Denny gutted the offensive line without having competent replacements. That's a point you can't argue. No one we brought in was better than Kendall and LJ. In fact it's not even worth debating.

the wild cards
03-14-2006, 01:52 AM
For the 1 millionth time LJ was garbage he was never a PRO BOWLER play CLE got rid of him after 1 year.
Buffalo refused to trade for him cause he showed up out of shape for his tryout.

LJ is a LAZY LAZY player. 2 coaches Green FIRED who could have made Green look bad by not saying anything about LJ or saying he was good WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY IN INTERVIEWS to point him out as a player who "only did as much as he needed to and no more"

T.O. is a great player and the Eagles will release him next week because HIS ATTITUDE SUCKS. Because being a great player even is not enough if your ATTITUDE SUCKS. WASH let Pro Bowler L Arrington go cause his ATTITUDE SUCKED.

The thing you guys can't seem to understand Q and Fitz and Wilson etc are here because they do what the coach wants and they want to win and they have great attitudes. LJ has a horrible attitude. If you let 1 LAZY player stay on the team it poisons the rest of the team.

To show you the mentality of this guy 2 ex-coaches pointed out only 1 player as BEING LAZY and NOT DOING MORE THEN HE HAD TO after they were fired and it was LJ.

To show you the mentality of this guy he went to Green and DEMANDED a STARTING ROLE on the team.

To show you the mentality of this guy he WENT TO HIS WORKOUT to get a trade OUT OF ******** SHAPE.

CLE signed him cause they were desperate and dumped him 1st chance they got. Watch what happend in MIA he will be gone after 1 year there too.

HE DEMANDED to be traded. Green didn't trade him HE DEMANDED it. Green's mistake with regards to LJ was not cutting him year 1 but giving him a year.

the wild cards
03-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Now let's get to the GUTTING of the OL Theory.

(1) The OL produced the WORST OFFENSE in the NFL #32 when Green took over. The OL was highly paid and was not producing - people act as if Green gutted the Steelers Oline. LOL This OL was part of a team that was getting blown out of games in the FIRST QUARTER Cards games were over after 1 Quarter thanks in part to this OL.

(2) Green GUTTED every unit on the team. It's funny how people harp on this so-called GUTTING of the OL but he also GUTTED the Secondary, the Linebackers, the Defensive Line, the QBs, the RBs, the WRs, - I don't know how you guys missed it! Green gutted EVERY SINGLE UNIT not just the OL!

(3) Anyway back to MORE FACTS. The new OL kept the team in almost every game the past 2 years. The new OL actually contributed to Road Wins. The new OL produced a mid 20s offense in Year 1 and the #8 Offense in the NFL LAST Year. ALSO PRODUCED THE #1 PASSING OFFENSE in the NFL last year. The thing you guys don't get TALENTED LAZY PLAYERS = blow out losses. LESS TALENTED HARD WORKING PLAYERS = close games and #8 offense in the NFL.

(4) Green managed to draft 2 of the top 3 Cs in one draft. He drafted the top G in another draft. He signed several FAs including the RT from the #1 RUSH team in the NFL that won 15 games.

Lebo
03-14-2006, 07:48 AM
For the 1 millionth time LJ was garbage he was never a PRO BOWLER play CLE got rid of him after 1 year.
Buffalo refused to trade for him cause he showed up out of shape for his tryout.

LJ is a LAZY LAZY player. 2 coaches Green FIRED who could have made Green look bad by not saying anything about LJ or saying he was good WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY IN INTERVIEWS to point him out as a player who "only did as much as he needed to and no more"

T.O. is a great player and the Eagles will release him next week because HIS ATTITUDE SUCKS. Because being a great player even is not enough if your ATTITUDE SUCKS. WASH let Pro Bowler L Arrington go cause his ATTITUDE SUCKED.

The thing you guys can't seem to understand Q and Fitz and Wilson etc are here because they do what the coach wants and they want to win and they have great attitudes. LJ has a horrible attitude. If you let 1 LAZY player stay on the team it poisons the rest of the team.

To show you the mentality of this guy 2 ex-coaches pointed out only 1 player as BEING LAZY and NOT DOING MORE THEN HE HAD TO after they were fired and it was LJ.

To show you the mentality of this guy he went to Green and DEMANDED a STARTING ROLE on the team.

To show you the mentality of this guy he WENT TO HIS WORKOUT to get a trade OUT OF ******** SHAPE.

CLE signed him cause they were desperate and dumped him 1st chance they got. Watch what happend in MIA he will be gone after 1 year there too.

HE DEMANDED to be traded. Green didn't trade him HE DEMANDED it. Green's mistake with regards to LJ was not cutting him year 1 but giving him a year.
Are you capable of speaking the truth for once? First off, the Browns did not want to get rid of Shelton. They talked to him about a long term deal and they couldn't come to an agreement. So naturally you spin it that they didn't want him.
Then you keep bringing up this garbage about he was out of shape in Buffalo yada yada yada....it's old dude. Funny the guy is a cancer according to you,
not a good tackle according to you, and is out of shape, yet teams keep signing him to start. HUM...........I wonder who is a little off in their analysis?
And your other post making it sound like I said Denny gutted the Steelers line, another flat out fabrication on your part. You can't admit what the whole world knows. Denny got rid of two veteran starters and did not have adequate replacements. There isn't two sides to this issue that's a fact.
And finally, Shelton wanted out because Denny had benched him and made it look like he would have to fight to get back into the lineup. That's why LJ wanted out. So you're up to about 4 lies and inaccuracies in these two posts.
That's about average for you.

37intx
03-14-2006, 08:23 AM
I thought Saban was a smart coach...

BullheadCardFan
03-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Brees leaves; Dolphins sign Shelton

March 14
South Florida Sun-Sentinel: "According to a source, the Dolphins reached a contract impasse with free-agent quarterback Drew Brees, but no matter who the quarterback will be in 2006 at least they'll have a new bodyguard to protect him. The Dolphins wasted no time in finding a replacement for recently released left tackle Damion McIntosh, as they signed free-agent L.J. Shelton."

Hard to imagine LJ starting at LT ... Wow ...

BullheadCardFan
03-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Super Bowl hero joins Bengals

March 14
Cincinnati Post: "The experience of three years ago helped the Bengals land Jackson as their first free-agent signing. Jackson agreed to a four-year deal worth $7.6 million and immediately improves a secondary that struggled in the second half of last season."

"I felt I could go to a sorry defense in Arizona and make it better by myself," said Jackson. "I found out you can't do that."

The safety spent one healthy season with the Cardinals before going on injured reserve and being released midway into the 2004 campaign.

That 2 of our guys that really played poorly here got big contracts in FA ...

LJ and Dexter Jackson ....

Saturn5
03-14-2006, 08:47 AM
[quote=the wild cards]For the 1 millionth time LJ was garbage he was never a PRO BOWLER play CLE got rid of him after 1 year.

[quote]

The Cards new O-line coach calls Reggie wells the best offensive lineman the Cardinals have right now.

That tells you all you need to know about king denny's so-called replacements.

Hollywood
03-14-2006, 09:03 AM
All of you that think that Denny should not have gotten rid of LJ go to work and find that guy that just does enough to get by. I know he is there. He works in every office and on every crew. I know how much I want him out of here and I wonder why the boss doesn't seem to want to fire him. I would be happy to help fill the holes and train a new guy just to get that friggen lazy *** out of my way......

PiercingCard77
03-14-2006, 09:07 AM
How many of you were at the practices of the Cards and saw LJ being lazy. Do you really believe everything that comes out of Chile CheZZ Dogs mouth? Of course he would leak negative press to suit his objectives of gutting players and coaches. None of us were there, so none of us know the truth!! At this point it is speculation...but that fact he is signing quality contracts to start points to more of Denny's lies. And WCs, Cleveland wanted to keep Shelton...they were working on a contract with him, so do get you facts straight.

Saturn5
03-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Apparently getting rid of LJ, didn't get rid of the problem.

Obviously, LJ wasn't the problem.

PiercingCard77
03-14-2006, 09:15 AM

:iagree: Didn't Loney state publicly that the whole Oline was lazy last year...isn't that the product of coaching...and who hired Lindsay as a coach about 6 weeks after he cut him from the team?? Oh yeah, Denny Green.

crdnl85
03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Glad to see you think it's amusing we cost ourselves at least two wins last season because Denny gutted the offensive line without having competent replacements. That's a point you can't argue. No one we brought in was better than Kendall and LJ. In fact it's not even worth debating.Good points i believe the same.:football:

Oaken1
03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
LJ was OUR starting LT before Big was moved over there. The fact that he can be so lazy and STILL work his way back in to the starting lineup while having a coach who dislikes him is just a testament to his talent. If we had a decent line coach to motivate him then lazy would not have been an issue.
Water under the bridge, now we have to win with who we have.

the wild cards
03-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah and after these 2 losers LEFT our defense and offense went from #32 with them to #8.

Lebo
03-14-2006, 12:46 PM

end of subject Saturn. When they are wrong they can't admit it. You don't toss veterans out the door without having someone to replace them. This squarely falls on Denny. I mean what other team would resort to starting a converted defensive end for several games at Offensive Tackle? If Denny would have checked his ego, he could have kept Shelton for another season.
We had the cap room and we needed the depth. Too bad certain people on this board can't admit when they are wrong and Denny was wrong.

the wild cards
03-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah LJ was the problem he wanted GUARANTEES Green doesn't give GUARANTEES he couldn't stay in shape GREEN won't tolerate that He was telling Green what to do BUH BYE.

With LJ offense = 32, mid-20s
Without LJ offense = 8

Redheart
03-14-2006, 01:09 PM
...With LJ offense = 32, mid-20s Without LJ offense = 8

Again you come with the facts upsetting the LJ jock-sniffers.

Saturn5
03-14-2006, 01:50 PM
and they also went from 6-10 to 5-11.

I would rather win more games than feed off the offensive ranking.

Lebo
03-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah LJ was the problem he wanted GUARANTEES Green doesn't give GUARANTEES he couldn't stay in shape GREEN won't tolerate that He was telling Green what to do BUH BYE.

With LJ offense = 32, mid-20s
Without LJ offense = 8
God you are dense! As if our crappy offensive line had anything to do with our offensive statistics being better. You've got to be brain dead or blind to believe that. And again genius, last I checked we were dead last in rushing.
Funny how you leave that out. Funny how you ignore how many times we were stuffed inside the 10 trying to run the ball. 2 rushing tds in 16 games.
Oh yeah....these guys were a definite upgrade. I'm sure if Wakefield, Bridges,
Step, Leckey, Elton Brown, etc. were free agents the Dolphins would jump at signing them.
Do you have any concept how stupid you sound with this garbage you spew?