PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Toyota to be Stadium Sponsor

PANTONE194C
03-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Someone on the ASFN board is stating (from "reliable" sources) that Toyota will be the naming-rights sponsor of the new Cardinals Stadium. Apparently this has been in the works for a while, and will be unveiled soon.

Personally, I have no idea if this is true or not, but this guy claims it to be correct.

Don't know if it will be "Toyota Stadium", or the "Toyota Dome", but it certainly won't be "Toyota Center"...that's the name of the Houston Rockets' arena...

PANTONE194C
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
How can this be? Toyota already has the Houston Rockets Arena.. Makes no sense...

Well, it's not unprecented...American Airlines has both the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, and the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

It's just a lot of money for one company to shell out, I guess.

NightHawk11and81
03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Dang it, I was hoping they would call it Tillman Field. Even worse that they would name it after Toyota, but at least this is a different sport. I absolutely HATE how American Airlines has two arenas in the same league, and one has a space and the other one doesn't.

bleedingred
03-14-2006, 07:01 PM
"Toyota Stadium"

Figures...I'm a Chevy man.

Thanks for the post!

CardsFanJoe
03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Dang it, I was hoping they would call it Tillman Field. Even worse that they would name it after Toyota, but at least this is a different sport. I absolutely HATE how American Airlines has two arenas in the same league, and one has a space and the other one doesn't.

Actually, the stadium can have one name and the field another. Like Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium...

It could be Pat Tillman Field at Toyota Stadium....although I've said on here before that with the Plaza named after Pat, that might be it. I don't see them naming everything after him. Not that he doesn't deserve more, but it can be overdone....

CardsFanJoe
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, it's not unprecented...American Airlines has both the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, and the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

It's just a lot of money for one company to shell out, I guess.

No wonder they charge SOOOO much for a frieking ticket!!!

Wayne's Cards
03-14-2006, 09:23 PM
It could be called the Toyota Convertible Stadium.
I can see it now with Edgerrin James as the new 4-Runner

Nah_The_Yum
03-15-2006, 07:36 AM
LandCruiser Field sounds awesome to me.

dillon1
03-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Showgun Field

Sox2005
03-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Showgun Field

Chase Field at Cardinals Stadium

Tillman Plaza

:Cards logo:

37intx
03-15-2006, 08:31 AM
:hurray: :hurray:

The more revenue they get from he stadium name, the more willing they will be to spend all the cap money!!!

truenorthaz
03-15-2006, 08:46 AM
I think fans should just continue to call it Cardinals Stadium regardless of the official name. This is what happened in Baltimore, since there were so many name changes, fans just call it Ravens Stadium and it stuck. In fact, most of the local sports/news reporters now call it that. The official name is only used in live broadcasts.

Gum
03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm calling it Mr. B's Crib

PANTONE194C
03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I've been thinking that a unique nickname for the place could be "The Aviary"...obviously, that wouldn't be the official name, but a nickname. Like the "BOB" - when Chase Field used to be called Bank One Ballpark.

I even told Brad Parker of the STA that one...

Nah_The_Yum
03-15-2006, 10:27 AM
The Birdcage

Wait, that sounds a little ghey.

BERTRAND #92
03-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Bidwells want to keep it Cardinal Stadium according to reports ive heard. I hope they choose Tillman field.

I dont think this topic on this thread could be true because reports came out of the Owners/NFLPA meetings that were just settled last week that had Snyder going after Michael Bidwell saying something of the effect " You have the ability to raise more revenue with the new stadium by way of naming rights. If you choose not to help yourself out then I choose not to share our revenues with you" .Very heated from what the reporter was saying.

Jerry Jones also went after another owner telling him he'd give him $ 5 million on the spot in that same meeting for the naming rights to the Browns stadium. Browns ownership refused .

Owners were very much in disagreement when it came to revenue sharing. Or have we all forgotten that in less than a weeks time ?

CardsFanJoe
03-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Bidwells want to keep it Cardinal Stadium according to reports ive heard. I hope they choose Tillman field.

I dont think this topic on this thread could be true because reports came out of the Owners/NFLPA meetings that were just settled last week that had Snyder going after Michael Bidwell saying something of the effect " You have the ability to raise more revenue with the new stadium by way of naming rights. If you choose not to help yourself out then I choose not to share our revenues with you" .Very heated from what the reporter was saying.

Jerry Jones also went after another owner telling him he'd give him $ 5 million on the spot in that same meeting for the naming rights to the Browns stadium. Browns ownership refused .

Owners were very much in disagreement when it came to revenue sharing. Or have we all forgotten that in less than a weeks time ?

I heard the same thing. The owners should spend the next six years figuring out how to play nice with each other and help each other so when this comes up again we can have continued 'peace'...

Wayne's Cards
03-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Does Toyota makes convertibales? Never seen one.. Bad marketing plan if they did that...

Right now just the Solara. They used to have the Celica convertible.:Cards logo:

PANTONE194C
03-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Someone on the ASFN board found this article:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=61155

It looks like they just read the thread on ASFN, and wrote about it...

J_5
03-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I think Toyota Center sounds pretty good. But it's probably hightly unlikely. There's no plant or anything like that over here, besides the financial service center.

PANTONE194C
03-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Again, "Toyota Center" is the name of the Rockets' arena. Highly unlikely that they'll name the Cardinals Stadium the same name as the Houston arena.

Wisconsin Cards
03-16-2006, 02:59 AM
what they should do, regardless of the sponsor, shoud be to keep cardinals stadium. For example; Cardinals Stadium by Toyota. Altell Cardinals Stadium.

BERTRAND #92
03-16-2006, 03:41 AM
what they should do, regardless of the sponsor, shoud be to keep cardinals stadium. For example; Cardinals Stadium by Toyota. Altell Cardinals Stadium.

Alltel Cardinals Stadium, now that I could live with.

Only because it would be implying Cardinals Stadium,, "tellall".

Wisconsin Cards
03-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Again, "Toyota Center" is the name of the Rockets' arena. Highly unlikely that they'll name the Cardinals Stadium the same name as the Houston arena.
B-Ball arenas are called centers, not football stadiums. If anything it would be Toyota Field.

azbmxican
03-16-2006, 04:50 AM
Cardinals Field at The Toyota Dome.
:rockon:

cigar76
03-16-2006, 05:26 AM
How bout
"Hybrid Stadium"

as in both open and closed dome

:Cards logo:

JesterCST
03-16-2006, 06:18 AM
I like Cardinals Stadium. Plain I know, but we finaly got a home.And it is fitting to keep it our own.

azbmxican
03-16-2006, 06:54 AM
I like Cardinals Stadium. Plain I know, but we finaly got a home.And it is fitting to keep it our own.

I think theres too much money to be earn to just leave it at "cardinals stadium"

JLU
03-16-2006, 08:28 AM
It probably doesn't even really matter. People get hung up on the name or the legacy of the name but after awhile, it just doesn't matter.

For example:
Candlestick Park became (something), then Monster Park... people still call it 'The Stick'

Mile High Stadium was replaced by Invesco Stadium at Mile High.... now everyone calls it Invesco...

Also, I think they are officially going to have 'Pat Tillman Plaza' next to the stadium so we can probably not expect to see a Pat Tillman Field.

D.Payne #29
03-16-2006, 07:46 PM
B-Ball arenas are called centers, not football stadiums. If anything it would be Toyota Field.
Its not a football stadium. Its a "multi-purpose facility":sarcasm:

.O.
03-16-2006, 08:17 PM
It probably doesn't even really matter. People get hung up on the name or the legacy of the name but after awhile, it just doesn't matter.

For example:
Candlestick Park became (something), then Monster Park... people still call it 'The Stick'

Mile High Stadium was replaced by Invesco Stadium at Mile High.... now everyone calls it Invesco...

Also, I think they are officially going to have 'Pat Tillman Plaza' next to the stadium so we can probably not expect to see a Pat Tillman Field.

Chase Field will always be the BOB to me.

Wayne's Cards
03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Maybe Toyota Field at Cardinal Stadium. But all of the locals will be calling it the CONVERTIBLE--thanks to Edge.