PDA

View Full Version : Rusell Davis signed in Seattle

ARZCardinals
03-18-2006, 12:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2373902

How the F is Seattle signing
Alexander, pork chop, about to resign Hutch, about to trade for John Abraham.

they gotta be out of $$$.

Either way Davis was good when healthy.

RICHAZ
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
WHO CARES HE SUCKS REAL BAD....HE WAS WORTHLESS LAST year i mean KOLOJ did way better them him...thank goodness he got hurt cause he was real lazy here

DennisGreenIsAGreatCoach
03-18-2006, 12:21 PM
He certainly didn't suck. He was very solid as a DT for us. I also believe last year was the first time he was hurt in his 4 year career. He just wanted too much money and I'm really happy with our new DT. I think we've upgraded - even though I thought Davis was Ok.

BERTRAND #92
03-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Wish we had him for depth but hes not a team player anyway.

I have no idea how Seattle is able to pull this off financially.

One question I have if anyone can answer it , is how does Josh and Davis leaving effect our cap now does it go up to $16 mill . Anyone know where we are for sure?

bzcardfan
03-18-2006, 12:24 PM
he is an average run stopper....just cause he was the best on OUR team doesn't mean jack. he was OK. and seattle isn't about to trade for abraham. the agreed on a compensation for him but they don't have the money to give him the contract he wants. atlanta however, has a contract already SIGNED with the star defensive end and is just working out a trade with the jets. abrahams goin to be a falcon

bzcardfan
03-18-2006, 12:25 PM
and NO, they don't effect the cap because they were unrestricted free agents

RICHAZ
03-18-2006, 12:25 PM
IM a season ticket holder and guess what i actually saw all the games last year unlike u and any cards season ticket holder knows we upgraded with CLANCY

BYE LAZY DAVIS...all those interviews with davis last year asking him how he feels about being the longest tenure cardinal.....now u know why...no future plans for davis in az... His STATS WERE HORRIBLE

DennisGreenIsAGreatCoach
03-18-2006, 12:26 PM

One question I have if anyone can answer it , is how does Josh and Davis leaving effect our cap now does it go up to $16 mill . Anyone know where we are for sure?

Two things.....

1) He always filled his lane and did his job (= team player). He was never one for individual stats.

2) Losing FA doesn't affect our cap at all. Only when we sign them (then it goes down).

crdnl85
03-18-2006, 12:37 PM

One question I have if anyone can answer it , is how does Josh and Davis leaving effect our cap now does it go up to $16 mill . Anyone know where we are for sure?Josh and Russell were both free agents as far as i know.The Cardinals didn't owe them any money,so why would that affect the cap for the Cardinals?They will get a pick = to the one a RFA was drafted at if they lose any.I could be wrong,but that is what i believe.

bzcardfan
03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
mccown and russell offer NO compensation...however if wells isn't matched, then buffalo must give us a 6th rounder

RICHAZ
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Take The Extra Pick!!!!

crdnl85
03-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Our new coach just said Wells is the best o-lineman we had last year.What a slap in the face if they let him go.Why did they hire Loney if they don't value his opinion at all:banghead:

DennisGreenIsAGreatCoach
03-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Our new coach just said Wells is the best o-lineman we had last year.What a slap in the face if they let him go.:banghead:
And that's the main spot that kept us from being a good team last year. How's a 6 round pick going to help us there?

crdnl85
03-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Well i had lunch once with Russel Davis.He appeared to be a very nice guy,with a good attitude.I will miss him.

the wild cards
03-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Our run defense IMPROVED once he got injured. Sad but true.

SEA is spending money like Crazy. They have already traded for Abraham they just need to make a deal with him.

The other thing is they are looking at TY LAW too.

I have no idea how they can sign all these guys and Hutch. Maybe they will decline to MATCH Hutch EVEN if they win the Special Master Hearing!

bzcardfan
03-18-2006, 04:26 PM
wildcards....ty law already signed with the rams like a week ago. and abraham isn't going to seattle. seattle isn't willing to pay him what he wants and the jets are going to send him to the falcons. the falcons have already SIGNED abraham to a long term contract. all they have to do now is figure out draft pick compensation for the jets

the wild cards
03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
wildcards....ty law already signed with the rams like a week ago. and abraham isn't going to seattle. seattle isn't willing to pay him what he wants and the jets are going to send him to the falcons. the falcons have already SIGNED abraham to a long term contract. all they have to do now is figure out draft pick compensation for the jets
Dude Ty Law has NOT signed. Uh the team makes the trade NOT the player. The Jets will trade him to whoever they want. Seattle just has to make a deal with Abraham if they can't then the Jets can find someone new. The Jets DO NOT WANT TO TRADE HIM TO ATL unless they get better then the First Round #31 pick they are upset ATLANTA did not toss in Schaub and they had to go get Ramsey. ATL wants to give up only a #2.

Seahawks | Team reportedly interested in Law
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:43:30 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Seattle Seahawks are reportedly interested in free agent CB Ty Law (Jets). Law wouldn't come cheap. He's believed to be seeking a $10 million signing bonus.

bzcardfan
03-18-2006, 04:38 PM
huh, i coulda sworn that ty law was one of the rams first signings in FA...o well. the falcons have completed the hard part of the abraham trade. the fact is that the seahawks don't have the cap space to sign hutch AND abraham. the falcons have offered a 6th rounder, but they'll come around and offer up a 1, 2, or 3rd and get the job done.

Simno
03-18-2006, 06:47 PM
huh, i coulda sworn that ty law was one of the rams first signings in FA...o well. the falcons have completed the hard part of the abraham trade. the fact is that the seahawks don't have the cap space to sign hutch AND abraham. the falcons have offered a 6th rounder, but they'll come around and offer up a 1, 2, or 3rd and get the job done.
I heard the Falcons offered a second and were getting deined by NY.....