PDA

View Full Version : J.Peterson a seahawk!

SLPNTZ2K6
03-20-2006, 08:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9324476

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
i'd rather have HUTCH

he's their consolation prize for losing HUTCH

bzcardfan
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
good the seahawks just signed an aging LB with 2 bad knees that can't tackle worth a shat! edge is gonna smoke that D

sundevil04
03-20-2006, 09:07 PM
holy crap! my question is how can they with significantly less money than us re-sign alexander, hutch and rocky and go get peterson, abraham and davis?????

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:07 PM
good the seahawks just signed an aging LB with 2 bad knees that can't tackle worth a shat! edge is gonna smoke that D
EXACTLY

sidewalk_surfer
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
probably because they restructure a lot of contracts every year. I bet if we restructured Big's contract we would probably have another 3 millions dollars in cap space.

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
holy crap! my question is how can they with significantly less money than us re-sign alexander, hutch and rocky and go get peterson, abraham and davis?????
They lost Hutch

PLCF
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
They lost Hutch

Abraham and Peterson more than equalizes that loss.

sundevil04
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
They lost Hutch
i know but hutch wasnt making that much before his new contract, not to mention they gave sa a bigger deal

AussieCardinal
03-20-2006, 09:12 PM
EXACTLY
lol u were wanting Peterson like last week! :d'oh:

PLCF
03-20-2006, 09:13 PM
The Seahawks are starting to scare me. If they were the same team as last year, it'd be like, okay, whatever. They're beatable.

They've been awfully active this off-season, more so than us, and the quality of their pick-ups is easily equal to our combined three (even with Edge, our two other pick-ups aren't worth mentioning).

Mackie
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
They lost Hutch

"Even with Peterson's mega-contract, the Seahawks still have the wherewithal to match the $49 million offer sheet Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutcinson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235219) signed with the Vikings. The Seahawks had to announce their decision by tonight at midnight ET."

Meaning they still can match the offer. Apparently its not over yet...

Wayne's Cards
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Didn't Peterson get injured playing the Cardinals?

Wayne's Cards
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Seahawks | Team does not match offer to Hutchinson
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:13:13 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks have not matched the offer the Minnesota Vikings made to Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson. Hutchinson now becomes a member of the Vikings. The Seahawks will save $6.391 in salary cap by letting Hutchinson leave.

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
i never wanted peterson

i wanted greisen as lb

they didn't get Abraham yet

he doesn't want to play for them

PLCF
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
i never wanted peterson

i wanted greisen as lb

they didn't get Abraham yet

he doesn't want to play for them

It doesn't matter what Abraham wants. This isn't MLB, there is no veteran's clause.

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:20 PM

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks have not matched the offer the Minnesota Vikings made to Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson. Hutchinson now becomes a member of the Vikings. The Seahawks will save $6.391 in salary cap by letting Hutchinson leave.

exactly!!!!
lets see how shaun runs now

lost 10 TD WR

lost excellent fs

lost best g in football

i am not worried sea is not getting better
WE ARE

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:21 PM
It doesn't matter what Abraham wants. This isn't MLB, there is no veteran's clause.
you think sea will trade for a guy who says he will not play for them? i dont think so! culpepper and TO got what they wanted!

PLCF
03-20-2006, 09:22 PM
exactly!!!!
lets see how shaun runs now

lost 10 TD WR

lost excellent fs

lost best g in football

i am not worried sea is not getting better
WE ARE

If you even try to blow out of proportion the pick-ups of Clancy and M. Brown I'll laugh myself to tears.

Edge is the only player that has truly improved the team, the rest are not special.

Mackie
03-20-2006, 09:35 PM

Fine, lol. Doesn't suprise me though. They did get shafted on this deal.

cardsplayoffs06
03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
It doesn't matter what Abraham wants.
yea it does cuz already has a deal in place with atlanta
he doesnt want to play in seattle
he has to resign with jets for any trade to be official
so if he doesnt want to play for seattle he wont

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Fine, lol. Doesn't suprise me though. They did get shafted on this deal.
they shafted themselves

IF THEY FRANCHISE HIM HE IS STILL THERE

IF THEY DO A DEAL WITH HIM HE IS STILL THERE

they decided to play a silly game of disrespect with him

cardsplayoffs06
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Didn't Peterson get injured playing the Cardinals?
yes he did i remember that game

Mackie
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
they shafted themselves
IF THEY FRACHISE HIM HE IS STILL THERE

Using caps doesn't help any arguement. That seems to be your thing you love to do.

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

PLCF
03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Using caps doesn't help any arguement. That seems to be your thing you love to do.

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

Don't tell TWC that, he thinks it magically works, like picking up Texans OL. :lollollol:

Mackie
03-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Don't tell TWC that, he thinks it magically works, like picking up Texans OL. :lollollol:

****. So it isn't just me that sees him do that whenever anyone disagrees with him? Isn't that yelling? That is against the board etiquette! Please WC, refrain from having to shout to try to prove your points.

82CardsGrad
03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
****. So it isn't just me that sees him do that whenever anyone disagrees with him? Isn't that yelling? That is against the board etiquette! Please WC, refrain from having to shout to try to prove your points.

Dude, not sure if we've ever met, but I feel the need to shake your hand! The board is not a place to call out other members, but Vikesfan is in a class all to himself... It's just darn hard to not illustrate the errs of his ways. And I must say, I'm impressed with your work!! :toothorn:

Mackie
03-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Dude, not sure if we've ever met, but I feel the need to shake your hand! The board is not a place to call out other members, but Vikesfan is in a class all to himself... It's just darn hard to not illustrate the errs of his ways. And I must say, I'm impressed with your work!! :toothorn:

He annoyed me before, but the basically called me a Seahawks fan.... :banghead:

I never claim to be all knowing, but he tries to come off as if he does. There aren't many people a know-it-all doesn't rub wrong. Alas, I don't think he will ever learn. Oh well, lol.

the wild cards
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Seahawks | Team reaches agreement with Peterson
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:56:05 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Seattle Seahawks have reached an agreement with free agent LB Julian Peterson to a seven-year contract worth $54 million. The deal includes $18.5 million in guarantees, including $10 million for the 2006 season.

THAT IS INSANE talk about overpaying!

the wild cards
03-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Seahawks | Team reaches agreement with Peterson
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:56:05 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Seattle Seahawks have reached an agreement with free agent LB Julian Peterson to a seven-year contract worth $54 million. The deal includes $18.5 million in guarantees, including $10 million for the 2006 season.

THAT IS INSANE talk about overpaying!

He is 28 years old - has serious injury issues - has never had a dominating 100 tackle type season - and they guaranteed him 18 million. Talk about a PANIC MOVE!!!

Mookie
03-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Wasnt he a pro bowler in 2003 and 2004? He's a good player... I can see wild cards complaining why we didnt pick him up in FA when the regular season starts...

Red Valley
03-21-2006, 05:27 AM
They overpaid for Peterson ... he is too injury prone.

kjbad
03-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Two words....QUALITY DEPTH. SEA has it, we don't.

PiercingCard77
03-21-2006, 06:33 AM

Well Said kj, no one else on this board seems to think quality depth is important!! This is why injuries hampered us last year, and not Carolina the year before.

Redheart
03-21-2006, 07:42 AM

That is Seattle's song on Hutch, they had good depth to fill his role.

We shall see how that song sounds later in the season; I am really interested in seeing Seattles RB numbers this year as they kept the skill player and let the lineman go. That is essentially the same choice the Cardinals made when they went after Edge rather than Hutch...

gabe
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
I am worried that their defense is getting better. I hope they do NOT get Abraham! They already trounced us twice last year. Any catch up we played in our offseason has been matched and outdone by both the Rams and the Seahawks.

the wild cards
03-21-2006, 10:46 AM
SEA 1 improvement 3 losses
(1) they lost the best Guard in football
the Hutch loss is huge bigger then people imagine
(2) they lost the best TD WR on their team
(3) they lost a FS Holmgren said played great

This is their lone improvement:
(4) they overpaid RIDICULOUSLY for a 28 year old LB with serious injury issues who was never truly dominating when he did play

STL 1 improvement only and that's a maybe
(1) signed a 32 290 DT to shore up their run defense he had 4 more tackles then Kolo did
(2) signed the ABSOLUTE WORST S in football one who can neither pass defend nor run defend

(3) Signed a good OLB in Witherspoon WHO THEY PLAN TO PLAY AT MLB where he is too light and out of position

AZ 3 improvements no losses
(1) Signed the best FA in football in Edge and one of the best RBs
(2) Signed an excellent DT who is the reason the NYG run defense got better - who they were so furious lost him released a statement to the press
(3) Signed a young G who showed at the end of last year he was solid in run blocking

NO LOSSES

Which team is really improving???

SuperGoodNachos
03-21-2006, 10:48 AM

I'll let you know in about 6 months :)

Redheart
03-21-2006, 10:51 AM
SEA 1 improvement 3 losses
(1) they lost the best Guard in football
the Hutch loss is huge bigger then people imagine
(2) they lost the best TD WR on their team
(3) they lost a FS Holmgren said played great

(4) they overpaid RIDICULOUSLY for a 28 year old LB with serious injury issues who was never truly dominating when he did play

STL 1 improvement only and that's a maybe
(1) signed a 32 290 DT to shore up their run defense he had 4 more tackles then Kolo did
(2) signed the ABSOLUTE WORST S in football one who can neither pass defend nor run defend

(3) Signed a good OLB in Witherspoon WHO THEY PLAN TO PLAY AT MLB where he is too light and out of position

AZ 3 improvements no losses
(1) Signed the best FA in football in Edge and one of the best RBs
(2) Signed an excellent DT who is the reason the NYG run defense got better - who they were so furious lost him released a statement to the press
(3) Signed a young G who showed at the end of last year he was solid in run blocking

NO LOSSES

San Francisco?

BirdWatcher
03-21-2006, 10:59 AM

Wrong bb...In a sign and trade with a Franchised player the Player has the upper hand.He has to AGREE to the contract before he can be traded.So I think that puts the ball into Abrahams court.He wanted the Falcons because it was closer to home in South Carolina.I think Seattle is about as far from home as he is gonna get.

Abraham is not happy with the $$$ the seahags are offering so even if the Jets are happy with the #1 pick at #31 it really doesn't matter.

I guess you need to go and check your football for dummies book bb.

the wild cards
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM
San Francisco?
Well they really haven't made any moves.
They lost 1 WR and replaced him with another.
Re-signed some guys and lost other guys like Peterson.

They are treading water not really improving>

1arizonafan
03-21-2006, 04:22 PM
:Cards logo: this signing makes me ******.i have a ton of respect for all the card fans on this message board so please forgive me if you dont agree.seattle is gonna kill us.what have the cards really done?edge is nice but hes not gonna stop the other teams offense.clancey was a rotation guy in ny i like the move but this is only solid.for some reason the cards are resting on there laurels.resigning wells says to me hes the best cheapest i mean choice because loney thinks highly of him.i am not getting my hopes up for anything more than cardinal arena football.cards defense lacks talent and depth and this offseason was so far neglected.defense wins championships not overpriced rbs that look great to fill seats.i love the cards but i cant make myself dilussional enough to think this team can win more than 7 games.and thats stretching it.even if the hawks are signing there own there pinpointing defense sprinkling some veteran talent with peterson and trying to make things happen.thats more than the cards can say.

BigRedVol
03-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Seahwaks got a little better on defense with Peterson. They could've got ALOT better with both Peterson and Abraham. But they lost out on Abraham to Atlanta.

They lost Hutch. So their running game will be weakened. Their defense will be a little better, but their offense will be a little weaker.

I think it all balances out. I think they realized that stopping Edge is more important than Shawn having another MVP year.

BullheadCardFan
03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Seahawks | Contract update: J. Peterson
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:23:49 -0800

Gregg Bell, of the Associated Press, reports agent Kevin Poston said the contract LB Julian Peterson agreed to with the Seattle Seahawks is worth $54 million over seven years and includes $18.5 million guaranteed. The deal is worth $10 million in the first year, $18.4 million in the second and $23.5 million in the third. Delores Peterson, Julian's mother, confirmed from the family's Maryland home Tuesday evening, March 21, that her son was coming to Seattle.