PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks burned again .... Abraham to the Falcons ...

BullheadCardFan
03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Jets | Abraham traded in three-team deal

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:56:32 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer

BullheadCardFan
03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
2 big fish that got away ... Seattle must be wondering what it going on ...???

Red Valley
03-21-2006, 05:08 PM

I'm glad ... I didn't want the Cards to have to deal with Abraham twice a year anyway.

sundevil04
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
they lose hutch and get peterson instead of abraham..good for us!

BERTRAND #92
03-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Thats good news for Atlanta. Sure am glad he wont be in our division. I think Abraham is special when healthy.

Bullhead ? If we were to go after Clements from the Bills we would have to give up a 1st round pick as well right ? If so , this is why I don't understand why everyone keeps wanting us to go after Nate.

According to this Backus , Abraham , and Clements are the only three franchised , and Hutch was the only Transition tag in the league. http://nfl.com/freeagency

the wild cards
03-21-2006, 05:16 PM
It is hilarious to see players REFUSING TO PLAY for SEATTLE.
Hutch and Abraham both went out of their ways to NOT play for Seattle.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And Peterson got ridiculously overpaid 18.5 million guaranteed???

BullheadCardFan
03-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Bullhead ? If we were to go after Clements from the Bills we would have to give up a 1st round pick as well right ? If so , this is why I don't understand why everyone keeps wanting us to go after Nate.

According to this Backus , Abraham , and Clements are the only three franchised , and Hutch was the only Transition tag in the league. http://nfl.com/freeagency

According to Foxsports.com

Buffalo Bills

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67039&type=StrategyAndPersonnel

FRANCHISE PLAYER: CB Nate Clements.

-----------------------------------------------------

2006 free-agency period; 470 free agents

NEW YORK (March 11, 2006) -- The National Football League today announced that 470 players are free agents who now can negotiate with all 32 clubs.

The free agents include three players who this year were designated by their clubs as "franchise" players, and one who was named a "transition" player. Franchise and transition players are special categories for restricted and unrestricted free agents. The deadline for making these designations for 2006 was February 23.

Franchise Players Transition Players
John Abraham, DE, New York Jets Steve Hutchinson, G, Seattle
Jeff Backus, T, Detroit
Nate Clements, CB, Buffalo

In 2005, 11 players were designated as franchise players and one as a transition player.

There are two types of franchise players. Clubs retain exclusive negotiating rights to an "exclusive" franchise player by committing to a minimum offer of the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of the end of the restricted free agent signing period on April 21, or a 20 percent increase over his 2005 salary, or the average of the top five salaries at his position as of the end of last season -- whichever of the three is greater. Other clubs cannot negotiate with exclusive franchise players. No exclusive franchise players were named this year.

The second type of franchise player is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at his position in the 2005 season, or a 20 percent salary increase, whichever is greater. This type of franchise player may negotiate with other clubs. His original club may match the offer and retain the player, or receive two first-round draft choices as compensation if the original club elects not to match.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Thats why nobody will go after him ... If Buffalo does not match the offer then the team that signs him has to give up two 1st round picks ... If I was Buffalo I would gladly take the two 1st rounders ...

BERTRAND #92
03-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks Bullhead ,

I thought that was how I read it, but because of some recently pleading that we go after him , I thought maybe I had missed something. Hopefully this will put to rest the crys for signing him.

Back to the topic of this thread... I said a while back that Seattle got all the breaks last year, and that we had some horrible luck.

Could the Signing of Edge, and the fact that Seattle can't close out deals that they really would like to mean that this is the beginning of that turning ? MAN I hope so.

sundevil04
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
to break it down
denver-get the 15th pick for the 29th pick and 2 lower picks
atlanta- gets abraham and 2 picks from denver for the 15th pick
nyj- get the 29th pick for abraham

i think atlanta got the best deal of the bunch and the jets got the **** end of the deal. wait..actually the seahags got the **** end of the deal!

the wild cards
03-21-2006, 05:44 PM
jets had no choice he wanted out

at least they get a 1st rounder

min only got a 2nd rounder for dc

BigDinGlenDale
03-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Boy am I glad to see this happen!