PDA

View Full Version : Another Vet tackle off the list ... Seattle signs Ashworth ...

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Seahawks | Ashworth agrees to terms
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:04:48 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free agent OT Tom Ashworth (Partiots) on a five-year deal. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Ashworth is expected to be paid about $4.5 million in the first year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is really disturbing because its right here in our division ...

So lets see ... Allen goes to 49ers and Ashworth goes to Seattle ...

Neal is close to resigning with the Pats and Runyan is visiting other teams ... Mawae is already gone ...

I still think Denny is dropping the ball by not bringing in another vet for the O-line ... this is the same garbage he fed us last year ... "I will fix the O-line" and he brings in one backup player off another team ...

I don't like this one bit ...

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Uh they signed a RT why? The lost a Guard not a right tackle. This guy is 30 he's a RT and he weighs 300 lbs. What are they going to do with the RT they already have on the team???????

Also NE had a HORRIFICALLY BAD Run Offense last year. Almost as bad as ours.
Another LOUSY signing by the Seahags!!!

Why are people posting the SKY IS FALLING POSTS anyway GRAVES ALREADY said we are not signing any more starters on OL in FA!
Can't wait for the RUNYON and NEAL etc posts to come. We're not signing any more FA starting OL. Not the terrible runblocking ones like Neal and Ashworth. Not the "not that good" anymore old ones like Larry Allen and John Runyon. They already made this clear.

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Uh they signed a RT why? The lost a Guard not a right tackle.

This guy is 30 he's a RT and he weighs 300 lbs.

Also NE had a HORRIFICALLY BAD Run Offense last year. Almost as bad as ours.

Another LOUSY signing by the Seahags!!!

They have Porkchop Womack for guard ...

Whats wrong with being a RT and weighing 300 lbs...?? We could use some like that to replace Ross ..

Show me proof that NE had a horrific bad run offense last year ....

AZTahir
03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I still think Denny is dropping the ball by not bringing in another vet for the O-line ... this is the same garbage he fed us last year ... "I will fix the O-line" and he brings in one backup player off another team ...

I don't like this one bit ...

I totally agree. The only thing we've done to improve our already horrific O-line was sign someone not even worthy of any news. We kept together our O-line from last year in hope that they don't break down again. Denny's ego will get the best of him again.

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Why are people posting the SKY IS FALLING POSTS anyway GRAVES ALREADY said we are not signing any more starters on OL in FA!
Can't wait for the RUNYON and NEAL etc posts to come. We're not signing any more FA starting OL. Not the terrible runblocking ones like Neal and Ashworth. Not the "not that good" anymore old ones like Larry Allen and John Runyon. They already made this clear.

I heard this same story last year and look what happened with our O-line ...

Denny promised to address the O-line in FA and he hasn't done enough .... time to walk the walk ... enough talk ...

Even though I like Edge being here I was against spending all that money on one player because of just this reason ... not enough $$ to sign quality linemen ... wait until Edge starts to run behind these guys that have absolutely no push on running plays ... it could get ugly for Edge and our team ...

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Cards were 32nd in Rush Yards and New England 24th in Rush Yards.

New England had a 3.4 per carry average SECOND LAST in the NFL.
We were last with a 3.2.

Why do you think NE with 20 million in cap doesn't care if Ashworth go.

Denny added a Guard. Re-signed another Guard to a long term deal. So he did address the OL in Free Agency. FA is not over yet by the way!

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
New England Patriots Player Stats 2005

Rushing Statistics
NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
Corey Dillon 209 733 3.5 29 12 1 1
Patrick Pass 54 245 4.5 31 3 2 1
Heath Evans 51 192 3.8 21 0 0 0
Kevin Faulk 51 145 2.8 13 0 1 1
Tom Brady 27 89 3.3 15 1 0 0
Michael Cloud 23 59 2.6 15 0 0 0
Amos Zereoue 7 14 2.0 12 0 0 0
David Givens 2 13 6.5 9 0 0 0
Matt Cassel 6 12 2.0 9 0 1 0
Tim Dwight 4 11 2.8 12 0 0 0
Doug Flutie 5 -1 -0.2 2 0 1 0
Totals 439 1512 3.4 31 16 6 3

16 rushing touchdowns ...

Arizona Cardinals Player Stats 2005

Rushing Statistics
NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
Marcel Shipp 157 451 2.9 19 0 4 3
J.J. Arrington 112 370 3.3 32 2 1 1
Josh McCown 29 139 4.8 12 0 2 1
Obafemi Ayanbadejo 22 46 2.1 11 0 0 0
Anquan Boldin 12 45 3.8 11 0 0 0
Larry Fitzgerald 8 41 5.1 15 0 0 0
Kurt Warner 13 28 2.2 13 0 3 0
James Jackson 4 11 2.8 3 0 0 0
Damien Anderson 2 7 3.5 6 0 0 0
Bryant Johnson 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Totals 360 1138 3.2 32 2 10 5

2 rushing Touchdowns ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

Look at their top 2 rushers and their averages .... and factor in the 10-14 1 yards plunges that they ran in for TDs .... it doesn't even compare to our lousy line ...

Jmoreno
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
why to you make excuses of THIS organization they our dropping the ball the Edge high is over what is this team dong to improve themselves around him the answer is absolutely NOTHING! Look they have their castle in the desert now it's time to put a winning team on the field and i don't see that in the near future with the OL they have know. Winning is everything and Im Tired of waiting until next year.

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 04:53 PM

New England had a 3.4 per carry average SECOND LAST in the NFL.We were last with a 3.2.

Legend of Gunny
03-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I heard this same story last year and look what happened with our O-line ...

Denny promised to address the O-line in FA and he hasn't done enough .... time to walk the walk ... enough talk ...

Even though I like Edge being here I was against spending all that money on one player because of just this reason ... not enough $$ to sign quality linemen ... wait until Edge starts to run behind these guys that have absolutely no push on running plays ... it could get ugly for Edge and our team ...
Good post! Bump!

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
When this team is winning next year don't break your legs jumping back on the BandWagon.

PROFESSIONALS have rated us one of the best Teams in FA so far. We have addressed 3 of 4 need areas. With only FS left.

Am I panicking cause we didn't get a FS in here? Nope. They will adress it.

The Sky Is Falling The Sky Is Falling The Sky Is Falling

SEATTLE is selling out they are making pathetic panicky moves ala WASHINGTON now. They are signing FAs willy nilly whether they fit. THEY LOST HUTCH for God's Sake. We got EDGE. How many SBs has Snyder win in WASHINGTON. Seattle thinks this is their last chance and are making desperate moves. 18 million to Peterson but lost Hutch for nothing.

Somone predicted the SKY IS FALLING POSTs would come in FA and here they are.

BigDinGlenDale
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
NE run offense wasn't close to being as bad as us. Heck, they used a ******* FB against the Dolphins and he ran for around 60 yards!!:eek:

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM

New England had a 3.4 per carry average SECOND LAST in the NFL.We were last with a 3.2.

But they got into the endzone ... unlike our inept running game ...

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM
The Sky Is Falling The Sky Is Falling The Sky Is Falling
The sky is not falling, but by Denny burying his head in the sand it does not help matters ...

He says one thing and does another ...

Resigning Wells is not an addition to our club .. they actually muffed it up because we could have had him for $1.55 mil this year and waited to see what his value really was next year ... and used that extra $$ for a vet ...

So how do you think Edge is feeling ... ??? like he got a bunch of double talk from Denny who told him we would be addressing the O-line in FA ... not resigning our own players for tooo much $$$

Mookie
03-23-2006, 05:06 PM
But they got into the endzone ... unlike our inept running game ...

If we rushed the ball 70 more times maybe we would have a better average and more TD's ... who knows.

Oaken1
03-23-2006, 05:09 PM
The sky is not falling, but by Denny burying his head in the sand it does not help matters ...

He says one thing and does another ...

Resigning Wells is not an addition to our club .. they actually muffed it up because we could have had him for $1.55 mil this year and waited to see what his value really was next year ... and used that extra $$ for a vet ...

So how do you think Edge is feeling ... ??? like he got a bunch of double talk from Denny who told him we would be addressing the O-line in FA ... not resigning our own players for tooo much $$$

You guys are just way over reacting. We are bringing back all of our young linemen, we signed a new young guard, and we finally signed a legit O-Line coach to teach them how to succeed. We do not lack talent in the trenches, we have lacked talent at the chalkboard.
Relax, smoke a doobie, and just watch. You will be pleasantly surprised with the result I think.

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM
If we rushed the ball 70 more times maybe we would have a better average and more TD's ... who knows.

Mookie -- how many times did we try to go for 1 or 2 yards and we couldn't get it .. ??? at the end of the season we had to throw on 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 because the other teams knew that we couldn't get that yard that we needed ... no push from our O-line and it is returning almost intact ... you can teach technique, but how do you teach player to drive off the ball ... he has to want to do it and want to beat the guy accross from him ... we had none of that last year ...

Oaken1
03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Mookie -- how many times did we try to go for 1 or 2 yards and we couldn't get it .. ??? at the end of the season we had to throw on 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 because the other teams knew that we couldn't get that yard that we needed ... no push from our O-line and it is returning almost intact ... you can teach technique, but how do you teach player to drive off the ball ... he has to want to do it and want to beat the guy accross from him ... we had none of that last year ...

Do you sense an oxymoron here?? When the physical strength is roughly equal, the guy with better technique will win. Over the last few years, our guys have had NO technique, this year, they will.

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Do you sense an oxymoron here?? When the physical strength is roughly equal, the guy with better technique will win. Over the last few years, our guys have had NO technique, this year, they will.
Oaken --- I sure hope that you are right ... I drank the Denny koolaid last year to the point of getting drunk on it ... especially the koolaid about the O-line ... Thats why I am being so upfront about my comments ....

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Great post Oaken.

Uh that is why we SIGNED EDGE.
Why we signed MILFORD.
Why we hired LOONEY.

Ross hurt almost all year never played healthy.
Wells hurt.
Step hurt.
Lecky hurt.
Brown ROOKIE.
Big hurt.

Almost all missing SIGNIFICANT time. With 2 terrible RBs. Tokayo of STL said he could ARM TACKLE JJ even if he was being BLOCKED properly.

Hmmmmm

Cardsfan50
03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I think we may be ok on line, but would like some insurance at center, and who plays left tackle if Davis gets hurt? We need a good tackle who can play both sides if needed. Wakefield, Haayer, and so forth not good enough for me. I wish we had Ashworth for that reason.

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Ashworth would only sign for a team that guaranteed he would start. He is being GROSSLY overpaid to be a back up.

Graves said the team will look at SIGNING FAs for OL DEPTH. Free Agency is not over they are just not signing more STARTING OL. And we add 1 rookie OL Day 1 for depth as well.

Free Agency is NOT over.

BullheadCardFan
03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Free Agency is NOT over.

True ... but the quality players are disappearing ... there is a 2nd wave, but who will be available ... ???

the wild cards
03-23-2006, 06:14 PM
True ... but the quality players are disappearing ... there is a 2nd wave, but who will be available ... ???
Starters are disappearing and they are not that QUALITY starters they are OKAY starters. Every year in FA teams like WASH overpay for OK starters and it leads to nothing - these are mediocre STARTERS.

Graves said WE ARE NOT SIGNING any more STARTERS to the OL. There are plenty of back up OL out there we can sign to add depth to the team.

Look at NE they have 20 million in cap they have lost McGinest, Givens, Vinatari, Ashworth - what are they doing? Waiting for the second wave.

We already filled 3 HUGE STARTING HOLES in wave 1. I guess we get a S in the DRAFT who starts and maybe a TE. We use the draft for DEPTH and we simply use Wave 2 of FA for depth.

Allen and Ashworth and Neal aren't going to sign as BACK UPs. And if they would they would want starter money which no team can afford to do unless they are DUMB!

BigDinGlenDale
03-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I would have rather of had Neal than ******* Milford Brown.

http://www.azcardinals.com/fanzone/messageboard/showthread.php?t=3443

That's the Neal thread...that guy should be in Cardinal Red right now.

RDU
03-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Ashworth will play RT, Locklear will move to guard, a position he played in college.

Hutchison replaced...