PDA

View Full Version : Proehl unsure about his future

JimHart
03-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Panthers | Proehl future uncertain
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 06:14:39 -0800 www.kffl.com

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the signing of WR Keyshawn Johnson by the Carolina Panthers leaves WR Ricky Proehl's future with the team uncertain. The Panthers have five wide receivers, not counting Proehl, and that is all they normally carry on their roster. It's possible the Panthers could re-sign Proehl, bring him to training camp and let him compete with WRs Drew Carter and Karl Hankton for the final spots, but this is a unique situation. If Proehl were to come back, it would be common decency to assure him a roster spot and promise he wouldn't be cut in training camp, but hat's a guarantee the Panthers might not be able to make.

PLCF
03-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Panthers | Proehl future uncertain
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 06:14:39 -0800 www.kffl.com

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the signing of WR Keyshawn Johnson by the Carolina Panthers leaves WR Ricky Proehl's future with the team uncertain. The Panthers have five wide receivers, not counting Proehl, and that is all they normally carry on their roster. It's possible the Panthers could re-sign Proehl, bring him to training camp and let him compete with WRs Drew Carter and Karl Hankton for the final spots, but this is a unique situation. If Proehl were to come back, it would be common decency to assure him a roster spot and promise he wouldn't be cut in training camp, but hat's a guarantee the Panthers might not be able to make.

There is absolutely no reason Proehl wouldn't be picked up by another team. He may be old, but his contributing is always solid, a testament to his longevity. Man, I really hate the Cardinals losing him.

1arizonafan
03-26-2006, 06:23 PM
oh ya sure handed rickey proehl i remember him with the cards.i cant believe hes still playin at a solid level.

PLCF
03-26-2006, 06:38 PM
oh ya sure handed rickey proehl i remember him with the cards.i cant believe hes still playin at a solid level.

He won't make the HOF, but his longevity is close to Rice like.