PDA

View Full Version : McCown's contract details

JimHart
03-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Lions | Contract update: McCown
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:35:47 -0800

Detroit Lions QB Josh McCown signed a two-year contract with base salaries of $2.0 million (2006) and $2.0 million (2007).

BullheadCardFan
03-28-2006, 03:40 PM
They are paying him more than Kitna ... ??? wow

kjbad
03-28-2006, 03:43 PM
They are paying him more than Kitna ... ??? wow

Wouldn't you??? :biggrin:

BullheadCardFan
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't you??? :biggrin:

Nope ...

Red Valley
03-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Kitna is a good leader and a good QB. I think McCown will earn most of his salary from the bench.

cardinallaw
03-28-2006, 08:40 PM
I thought he was gonna be a big FA. 2 mil a year. Warner type contract. So much for that.

Detroit will be looking in the draft. In this case two halves make a hole, not whole.

HAVACARDSFAN
03-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I thought he was gonna be a big FA. 2 mil a year. Warner type contract. So much for that.

Detroit will be looking in the draft. In this case two halves make a hole, not whole.

:lollollol: :iagree:

:Cards logo:

Oaken1
03-29-2006, 03:08 AM
$2 mil a year with a $2 mil signing bonus is not bad. $3 mil a year average. The short term also gives the kid the chance to retest the market should things go really well/bad in Detroit.
He can beat out both King and Kitna, he also has the added advantage that he is the one they brought in to start.

manny777
03-29-2006, 05:25 AM
I think Kitna will beat out McCown and start ,he is a bit more consistant which McCown will never be and since they both make the same the Lions are in a no lose situation. Kitna is a scrappy QB that has never gotten
respect . The Battle of the Backups :eek:

dolphins
03-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I dont see Mccown beating out kitna either Mccown better have a good preseason but we all know mccown is good at beating 2nd and 3rd string teams

CardsFanJoe
03-29-2006, 03:54 PM
$2 mil a year with a $2 mil signing bonus is not bad. $3 mil a year average. The short term also gives the kid the chance to retest the market should things go really well/bad in Detroit.
He can beat out both King and Kitna, he also has the added advantage that he is the one they brought in to start.

I'm not sure Kitna goes to Dtroit if McCown was 'brought in to start' ...

misty
04-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I dont see Mccown beating out kitna either Mccown better have a good preseason but we all know mccown is good at beating 2nd and 3rd string teams

I wish Kurt Warner "would learn to be good at beating 2nd and 3rd string teams".....:eek:

Cardz81
04-04-2006, 07:26 AM
I wish Kurt Warner "would learn to be good at beating 2nd and 3rd string teams".....:eek:

I wish you'd "learn" that the QB play does not determine the winner of the game by himself.

Big Ben was horrible in the SB. Did 'he' win that game for the Steelers?

I don't think so.

LOL

Why did the Rams give up a second string QB (Jamie Martin) who went 4 - 1 in his 5 starts and keep Marc Bulger, who went 0 - 5 for the Rams in the last 5 games he played?

Why don't you go tell the Ram fans that Martin is a better QB than Bulger, because Martin "wins".

LOL

crdnl85
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
I dont see Mccown beating out kitna either Mccown better have a good preseason but we all know mccown is good at beating 2nd and 3rd string teamsKurt Warner wasn't even good at that.The Rams beat us at home.What good teams has he QBed to a win in the last two years?

dolphins
04-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Kurt Warner wasn't even good at that.The Rams beat us at home.What good teams has he QBed to a win in the last two years?

Well lets see to answer everyones question....... Warner and Bulger were uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... OH THATS RIGHT......... PROVEN WINNERS!.MARTIN and MCCOWN were.......... well just martin and MCCOWN. Ive never seen people get so exited over QBS who win 4 or 5 games as opposed to QBS who win superbowls and have actually been in playoff situations:football:

dolphins
04-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Kurt Warner wasn't even good at that.The Rams beat us at home.What good teams has he QBed to a win in the last two years?

What good has Mccown done in the last 4 yrs ????????????????,Has he EVER won ANYTHING has he ever played in a PLAYOFF game,has the bum even led his team to a WILDCARD game?????????? I rest my case.Lets see if he even wins a starting job in his first free agency test,Hey guess what Warner did he beat out manning fair and square and was benched even though they had a good playoff shot with him,but oh I forgot Kurt just gets things handed to him and old "hurt kurt" has never lost in the playoffs.You better hope Warner and James polish the **** that is YOUR team,because your boy joshy just couldnt get it done