PDA

View Full Version : NFL Puts Limits On Endzone Celebrations

NJCardFan
03-29-2006, 05:46 PM
The NFL has put a stop to excessive endzone celebrations like Terrell Owens' sharpie or Chad Johnson's asking a cheerleader ot marry him and Joe Horn's cell phone incident. They can still do endzone dances like Johnson's Riverdance celebration so they didn't totally eliminate celebrations. I agree with it to a degree because it shows a lack of sportsmanship. I think the line was drawn when someone changed the diaper on the ball after a score. What in the blue blazes was that all about!

AussieCardinal
03-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Nfl taking away more fun from the game!! and to think with our Offense, we could have had some **** good celebrations

CardinalChris
04-01-2006, 01:37 AM
NFL = No Fun League

BERTRAND #92
04-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I did like the originality of some of the celebrations, but some were obvioulsy crossing the line of taunting and could potentially lead to something really ugly down the road.

The props thing is harmless, its just when you are directing at the other teams or home fans.

My favorite was the Steve Smith rowing one. Thought that was really different. Its silly that he can't do that one now.

Red Valley
04-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Pro Football and pro sports in general is about grown men playing like kids and getting paid to do it. The more you take the celebration out of the game the more businesslike it becomes. The NFL has to be careful not to go over the line here.

CardinalChris
04-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Football and pro sports in general is about grown men playing like kids and getting paid to do it. The more you take the celebration out of the game the more businesslike it becomes. The NFL has to be careful not to go over the line here.
Assuming the NFL will someday adopt the "business" practice of cooporate logo's on the players jerseys to generate more money, I say comprimise...
Allow for the "celebrations" after touchdowns while the players wear a few coorporate logo's.
Just an idea that may sound far fetched but the Arena League and NFL Europe have the sponsors and even college bowl games do so I just see the NFL going that route someday.

joeylibrandi
04-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I like the celebrations after a touchdown. They are part of the game and I don't think that they interfere with the game at all.

What I disagree with is all the celebrations after every single play. That gets annoying at times.

CardinalChris
04-02-2006, 06:48 PM
What I disagree with is all the celebrations after every single play. That gets annoying at times.
EXACTLY!!!
I am so tired seeing a DB go nuts after a routine tackle.
He just did his job and now he want's the attention.:thumbsup:
I wouldn't mind seeing the players allowed to do any type of celebration as long as it is back on their own sidelines.
The cameras would still be on them.
Kinda like the Ickey Schuffle.

Cards_fan40
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Well thanks goodness we dont have to worry about that with Q and Fitz.