PDA

View Full Version : Favre full of himself?

korbo
04-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Sounds like it to me. He certainly doesn't seem to care about the negative ramifications to the team of delaying his decision.

And aren't true superstars supposed to have others speak of their legacy for them instead of them doing it themselves?

By the way, Brett, the answer to your question if I was the GM would be 'yes'.

Favre:

"If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?"

"If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0331favre-ON.html

Tucson
04-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Sounds like it to me. He certainly doesn't seem to care about the negative ramifications to the team of delaying his decision.

And aren't true superstars supposed to have others speak of their legacy for them instead of them doing it themselves?

By the way, Brett, the answer to your question if I was the GM would be 'yes'.

Favre:

"If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?"

"If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0331favre-ON.html

Have you seen their team? They're so bad, it doesn't really matter whether he plays or not, or when they find out whether he's going to play or not.

Oaken1
04-02-2006, 10:14 AM
I agree. Brett has been a great ballplayer but he is having a very difficult time letting go. We saw this start when he went off about it not being his responsibility to teach Rogers anything.
It may be in the best interest of both Brett and the Packers for them to just cut him. Some players have to be cut before they can let it go.

BERTRAND #92
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
He should just retire and get it over with .

He must have an issue with someone in front office, otherwise what does he have to gain from staying ? Either way they will still suck cause they have to many holes to fill . You think we need help???

Shoot... they need 1/2 to 3/4 of the team replaced. And a real Head Coach who doesn't survive on anothers coat tails or on the coat tails of a once great QB with weapons.

I do have us winning on the road in GB on the road this year. The Lambeau factor is in the past now. Most fans will start clearing out in the 3rd quarter IMO.

Red Valley
04-02-2006, 10:24 AM
I agree. Brett has been a great ballplayer but he is having a very difficult time letting go. We saw this start when he went off about it not being his responsibility to teach Rogers anything.
It may be in the best interest of both Brett and the Packers for them to just cut him. Some players have to be cut before they can let it go.

Very true. Favre needs to understand that not all great players go out on top. Packers may not have enough talent to go deep in the playoffs for a while. I don't see the Packers finishing above .500 with or without Brett.

lileyho240
04-02-2006, 10:24 AM
personally i really want to see Brett retire..i know hes a GREAT football player but his time is over now he needs to step down and let rogers play..i mean lets face it brett threw 29 INTS last year we saw he was going down 2 yrs ago and he should of retired then the longer he takes to choose the more his team is hurt in FA he needs to make the decision now so the team can get a decent back up for him if rogers doesnt work out..do you guys think hes just thinking about his starting streak or is he really thinking if he can help the team win or not?

BERTRAND #92
04-02-2006, 10:29 AM
He could be thinking about the starting streak. After all he was the one who took a dive so Strahan could get his.

dolphins
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
He was probably one of the worst Qb,s in the league last year and it wasnt the line or lack of recievers he made some of the worst throws I have ever seen from a QB last year,Im talking hail mary passes on 1st down,throwing to your 3rd string reciever in triple coverage.The guy WAS a great QB but his day is over.Marino threw 5 interceptions and lost 60-7 in his last game,a playoff game against jacksonville.He was smart and called it quits I think after favres play last season that should have told him something.He,s only screwing everyone else by sticking around

Reckon
04-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think Farve owes the Packers anything. I haven't read nor heard any complaints about the situation from those involved in the situation.

JesterCST
04-04-2006, 03:18 PM
They should cut him, and We need to sign him ................ oh wait that was the old Cards way o doing things!!!! Go Cards.

birdboy
04-04-2006, 04:12 PM
... yeah what's new

Da Bloody Bird
04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Farve hurry and just retire

dolphins
04-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Hes already said "its not his job to help a young Qb "so yeah I would say he is full of himself,if the team is not all about him he doesnt want anything to do with it.He has already said he will only return if they build a winner.His performance last year was one of the worst I have ever seen from ANY Qb EVER so he,s just skating on his name for the moment.

manny777
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I agree , Green Bay should make the decision for him and move on already this is like a bad soap opera about a has been . He should do the right thing and just shut up and ride of into the sunset with his saddle bags of money.
enough already:violin:

dolphins
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
And I love how the media tried to cover for favre,"Packers first losing season since Favre took over" Yah and 80% of the reason was Favres bad decision making.So its not like he even came close to carrying the team