PDA

View Full Version : that sucks....

bzcardfan
04-05-2006, 11:14 AM
i really don't like donovan mcnabb...but good god what a waste of court's time and money this case was. i feel bad for him

GLASSBORO, N.J. -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb and linebacker Jeremiah Trotter were found guilty Wednesday of parking their trucks in zones for the handicapped, although both players said they were not behind the wheel at the time.

Trotter
McNabb

McNabb was ordered to pay a $256 fine and $33 in court fees. Trotter, who had parked illegally twice, was ordered to pay $512 and $66 in fees. The Philadelphia players were in court during separate proceedings.

Even though McNabb apparently was not even in the vehicle Nov. 28, Judge Charles Sprigman said McNabb was liable because adviser Troy Oglesby had permission to drive the truck. The quarterback produced a letter from a doctor saying he was in a hospital at the time.

Oglesby said a restaurant employee directed him to park in the zone for the handicapped, a blue-striped area next to the actual parking spot.

Trotter was cited for two occasions his vehicle was found illegally parked near the restaurant while he was hosting a radio show. He said he had been dropped off and that someone else parked his truck.

The two players were among dozens of alleged parking scofflaws in court Wednesday. All of them were among the hundreds of people who have been cited since last year by activist Maryann Cottrell, the mother of a handicapped daughter.

Trotter told the judge he wanted to learn more about Cottrell's efforts.

"If it's a good cause I'd like to make a donation," he said.

sundevil04
04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
thats equivelant to about a 5 cent fine to the rest of us i dont feel too sorry for 'em

the wild cards
04-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Good rich freaks shouldn't get away with stuff like this

82CardsGrad
04-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Good rich freaks shouldn't get away with stuff like this

OH... and poor slobs like you should?? :d'oh:

bzcardfan
04-05-2006, 11:31 AM
i could understand if there was a handicapped person that got there and had nowhere to park, but this woman is just a vigilante using grief about her childs condition to tattle on people who are doing essentially a harmless thing. mcnabb didn't kill anyone for god's sake

SuperGoodNachos
04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
"i really don't like donovan mcnabb...but good god what a waste of court's time and money this case was. i feel bad for him"

***, you know what I hate, people that give celebs/athleates a free pass for stuff that the rest of us get in trouble for. Why does he deserve special treatment? Its his car and he is responsible even if someone else parked it.

"mcnabb didn't kill anyone for god's sake"
Ya and the punishment fit the crime, you notice it didnt say he was sentanced to life in prison right???
He would have had to go to court if he would have just paid the ticket. And this is like traffic court, with a whole bunch of people, its not like they set up a special court and spent millions of dollars to "get him".

Canadian_Cards Fan
04-07-2006, 09:03 AM
one shouldn't park in the handicapped stall regardless who they are..however to go around and tattle one someone is so grade 2..i understand if she is fighting for her daughters rights..but wouldn't it be better spent on a business that doesn't make their business handicapped accesible(ps i can't spell)if mcnabb was so concerned about the ticket he got then why not pay it and submit the cost to the person who parked his truck there...

:violin: