PDA

View Full Version : A 4-12 team in 2005 will play quarter of 2006 schedule in prime time!

Reckon
04-07-2006, 05:10 AM
Oakland, despite finishing with a six-game losing streak and making no major alterations to its roster other than the return of former coach Art Shell, will play a quarter of its schedule in prime time.

The Raiders will open the season at McAfee Coliseum against the San Diego Chargers on Monday at 7:15 p.m.

Oakland also visits Denver on Sunday night, Oct. 15, takes on Seattle on the road on Monday night, Nov. 6, and hosts Kansas City on Saturday night, Dec. 23.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3683521

The schedulers must be crazy.

JimHart
04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Or you can look at it another way ... the other AFC West teams (and Seattle as you mentioned) were all highly competitive and thus they are the ones getting the prime time slots and Oakland just happens to be their hapless opponent. :thumbsup:

Capt. Obvious
04-07-2006, 09:06 AM
The Raiders are like Notre Dame (for college) or the Dallas Cowboys...there are so many bandwagon fans that will watch its a moot point. They could go 0-16 the year before and still get awesome ratings on monday night.

BullheadCardFan
04-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Or you can look at it another way ... the other AFC West teams (and Seattle as you mentioned) were all highly competitive and thus they are the ones getting the prime time slots and Oakland just happens to be their hapless opponent. :thumbsup:

Good point ...

SuperGoodNachos
04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
The other thing to consider is when a team builds a history they are often popular even in "down" years. The Packers are another not very good team that will get 3-4 prime time games (TWO Monday Night, 1 Thursday Night, and probably the last game will be moved to Sunday Night cause its Favres last game) this year, even though they will be lucky to not finish last in their division.

ARZCardinals
04-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Look at Philly.

They sucked last year and they still got 3 Monday Night games. Someone's giving some $$$ or lovin' on the side.

gcbigredfan
04-07-2006, 09:43 AM
At least we don't play a home game in Mexico this season!!!! Screw the Raiders!

Tha rizzock
04-08-2006, 03:08 AM
At least we don't play a home game in Mexico this season!!!! Screw the Raiders!

screw you what with the hate??

Tha rizzock
04-08-2006, 03:10 AM
The Raiders are like Notre Dame (for college) or the Dallas Cowboys...there are so many bandwagon fans that will watch its a moot point. They could go 0-16 the year before and still get awesome ratings on monday night.

umm i dont think so we will be back i think its just people hating like yourself.

Da Bloody Bird
04-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Raiders sux and will sux for a while they are last in the division again this year. However Raiders fans do watch all the games regardless of the record. They got good fan base.The good oh silver and crap I meant black. LOL

Projekt
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I love the Raiders Colors. Black white and Silver are my High schools colors as well. Thats about all I like about the Raiders.

Tha rizzock
04-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Raiders sux and will sux for a while they are last in the division again this year. However Raiders fans do watch all the games regardless of the record. They got good fan base.The good oh silver and crap I meant black. LOL

whatever dude