PDA

View Full Version : What A JERK!

TnTCardFans
04-08-2006, 12:03 PM
While I always respected his ability and grit, Favre is being an absolute Horse's *** thsi offseason.

He is really hurting his team while he keeps everybody hanging on to figure out what he's going to do. And no, he doesn't get a pass because of all that he's done. When you're part of a team, you never rarely get a pass and not for something like this. Make a decision.

His move today really sucks. Calls a press conference then rags on the media for showing. He basically called the conference to see who would show up then tells them they shouldn't be there.

I'll take Kurt in 06! Bet he puts up better numbers.

Oaken1
04-08-2006, 12:10 PM
The Pack should just cut Brett. It is always a sad thing to see when the greats try to hold on to what little bit they have left. I always thought Favre would be one of the ones who just walked away when it was their time, like Montana did.
Very sad to see, but for the good of the team the organization needs to make the decision for him.

lileyho240
04-08-2006, 12:15 PM
personally i think he should retire before somebody starts stateing that he's worse than TO give your team an answer man not call a press confence and be a mental patient saying you dont know if you should retire..come on this guy has been punched in the head too many times

dolphins
04-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Favre makes it sound like he was great last season and the rest of the team sucked,he was over half the reason for their record last season.Also he already said it wasnt his job to help Rogers so its not like he is going to be any help if he is there.

Bottlecap
04-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Seriously, the NFL Draft is right around the corner and the Packers don't know who their starting QB is going to be next year. Not to mention the fact that he basically dared the Packers' GM to cut him in a statement to a reporter earlier last week. What a dick. Sad to see him end his career this way.

Reckon
04-08-2006, 02:11 PM
If the Packers don't have any trouble with it then I don't see why anybody else does.

TnTCardFans
04-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I think the Pack DOES have a problem with it but they're screwed.

If they cut him, the fans will make it seem like they just crucified JC himself.

Basically they're stuck just having to lie back and pretend to enjoy it. I think they've resigned themselves to the fact that if he comes back, this will be the Brett 2006 Goodbye Tour. If he bails they are stuck with essentially a rookie QB, no viable alternatives in the FA market and having made no other moves because they didn't know what he was doing. Either way, 06 is a write off.

You can write this one down...I'm saying the Cards come home with a win on October 29. The Pack may be the dregs of the NFL this year.

I've always been a Favre fan but he's burnin' some bridges this year.

CardsFanJoe
04-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm sick of Favre already. I've been a fan all these years, but I know I'm not the only one feeling sour on him these days. the Packers have probably the best fans in the NFL. This is what they get?? Some guy that thinks he's a god? Did we as fans do this? Anyway, I think that making an announcement that there isn't an announcement is the biggest bunch of crap in the history of the world!! I'm watching NFL Network today, and the ticker shows "BREAKING NEWS.......Brett Favre announced that there is nothing to announce in regards to his retirement...."

Are you frieking serious!! Since when do people get airtime for saying NOTHING!!!

Now I can die, I've seen it all........

Razorback
04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
The way I see this is that Farve has earned this time. They already drafted a QB last year to replace him when he retires (although Rodgers probably isnt ready). There is no one else out there to get at this time no matter which way he goes. If the Pack drafts a QB it will be in lower rounds to be a back up. I think this is kind of overhyped. Sure he should have figured out what he wanted to do by now and announced it already but i see little that would be changed by now if he did retire.

Fitzgerald
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's what I do if I'm Green Bay.. Put Brett Favre on the spot. Tell him, he's got until April 17th to make up his mind, **** or get off the pot so to speak. If by April 17th, he's yet to make up his decision they'll make it for him. In the meantime, get on the phone with the Tennessee Titans.. See if they'd be willing to trade McNair, and ask the price. At this point, I can't see them asking for anything more than a 5th rounder for him. Keep that plan on the backburner, and on April 17th, if Favre keeps jerking the management around, put his *** on the Physically Unable To Perform list.

It's sad to see Favre's legacy in Green Bay having to come down to this.. It really is. Favre HAS been responsible for leading Green Bay back to respectability after almost a decade of mediocre records and poor play. However at the same time, Green Bay has been more than recipricol towards Favre's antics. It was the Packers who stuck by him while he was in rehab for his addicition. It was the Packer organization who turned the other cheek while he dealt with his demons. Hell, it was the Packer organization who took a flier on a guy who was deemed "too immature to ever be a suitable NFL QB" by the Falcon brass.

It's give and take. You'd really like to see him retire a Packer, and not be forced out the door, however he's really being a horses *** and isn't leaving them much of a choice. To me, Saturday's farce of a press conference would have been the final straw.

MEDIC-T
04-12-2006, 02:37 PM
While I always respected his ability and grit, Favre is being an absolute Horse's *** thsi offseason.

He is really hurting his team while he keeps everybody hanging on to figure out what he's going to do. And no, he doesn't get a pass because of all that he's done. When you're part of a team, you never rarely get a pass and not for something like this. Make a decision.

His move today really sucks. Calls a press conference then rags on the media for showing. He basically called the conference to see who would show up then tells them they shouldn't be there.

I'll take Kurt in 06! Bet he puts up better numbers.Good take on this subject.What a jackazz

Razorback
04-14-2006, 02:46 PM
The way I see this is that Farve has earned this time. They already drafted a QB last year to replace him when he retires (although Rodgers probably isnt ready). There is no one else out there to get at this time no matter which way he goes. If the Pack drafts a QB it will be in lower rounds to be a back up. I think this is kind of overhyped. Sure he should have figured out what he wanted to do by now and announced it already but i see little that would be changed by now if he did retire.
Ok i kind of took up for the guy a few days ago but he just pushed back his announcement till after the draft so scratch that.