PDA

View Full Version : Packers | Favre told Thompson he was retiring

lileyho240
04-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Packers | Favre told Thompson he was retiring
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:59:41 -0700

ESPN's Ed Werder reports at one point last week, Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre felt he was being pressured into an answer by the team about his future so he told general manager Ted Thompson he was retiring. Thompson then told Favre to take a step back and spend more time making his decision.

hmm so does this mean he really is retireing and the news conference was just jumping the gun?

1arizonafan
04-08-2006, 01:34 PM
:Cards logo: honestly he should or traded to the chargers or someone who winns but is qb inexperienced.id say retire i dont want to see favre in another uniform.he is the packers i wanna remember him that way.

ItsInTheCards
04-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Packers | Favre told Thompson he was retiring
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:59:41 -0700

ESPN's Ed Werder reports at one point last week, Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre felt he was being pressured into an answer by the team about his future so he told general manager Ted Thompson he was retiring. Thompson then told Favre to take a step back and spend more time making his decision.

hmm so does this mean he really is retireing and the news conference was just jumping the gun?

well PFT was speculating that Favre has decided to come back, but told the team to delay the announcement to take a stab at Thompson. Apparently Brett doesnt like TT, and wanted it done on his terms.

Favre also made a comment about doing whats best for the future of the Packers. Florio's article made sense. The best thing for the future is to retire. There is 0% chance that GB even sniffs the NFC Championship game. More likely, the best they'll do is 8-8, or 9-7. Why not find out what Rodgers has now? Favre coming back only further screws up Aaron's development, and does nothing for GB in the long run.

the wild cards
04-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Favre is a SELFISH meglomaniac - I hope he stays it will make winning in GB easier when he throws up his 3 ints.

mahill3
04-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Favre has and always will be Jake Plummer with a better arm. Always wants to win, always tries hard, always throws into coverage, double coverage, triple coverage, etc and someimtes getting away it. With a better arm he has gotten away with it much more than Jake but has always been overrated.

card fan in ohio
04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I think Farve will go on and retire. I just don't see him in another uniform. :smallfootball:

CardsFanJoe
04-08-2006, 11:25 PM
At this point, I don't care. I feel bad for the Packers fans. This guy is jerking them around BIG TIME!!!

NightHawk11and81
04-09-2006, 05:46 PM
If I'm Ted Thompson, I call Brett Favre in to my office and tell him straight up: "Brett, we've made our decision, now you have to make yours. We're not going to let you hold our franchise hostage any longer. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback, so here are your choices. You can retire, you can remain here as Rodgers's backup, or we will cut you. You've got until June 1 to make up your mind, at which point we will move on without you."

If I'm a Green Bay fan, I would be demanding that Thompson cut Favre now. He's only hurting the Packers.

Oaken1
04-09-2006, 08:16 PM
This gal I work with is a huge Packers fan, and even worse, she has favre pictures all over her cube. Even she agrees he should walk away, or the team should just cut him loose and move on.

PLCF
04-10-2006, 01:14 AM
If I'm Ted Thompson, I call Brett Favre in to my office and tell him straight up: "Brett, we've made our decision, now you have to make yours. We're not going to let you hold our franchise hostage any longer. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback, so here are your choices. You can retire, you can remain here as Rodgers's backup, or we will cut you. You've got until June 1 to make up your mind, at which point we will move on without you."

If I'm a Green Bay fan, I would be demanding that Thompson cut Favre now. He's only hurting the Packers.

Green Bay's devotion to its players that have an icon-like status (as Favre does) is remarkable. The fans are the same way.

It's admirable, even if at this point it is hurting them.

NightHawk11and81
04-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Admirable, but stupid. I don't care how much of an icon you are, you don't get to hold a team hostage. Right now, Green Bay is letting Favre run everything, when the sad reality is that he should not be a starter on a 4-12 team.

AussieCardinal
04-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Who really cares! i hope he retires! :banghead: