PDA

View Full Version : GooglePlex???

AzCardzFan
05-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Anyone know anything abt who is getting the naming rights for the staduim? Any "insiders" have the inside scoop?

MDNCARDSFAN
05-03-2006, 06:10 PM
whatever they do they should name the feild after pat tillman

CardsFanJoe
05-03-2006, 06:19 PM
whatever they do they should name the feild after pat tillman

That would be cool, but it probably won't be due to the Plaza around the stadium being named after him. If the Cards are even as close on the Plaza as they are on the rest of the stadium, I'm sure whatever they have planned to pay tribute to Pat will be right on...

the wild cards
05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
They named the Plaza after Pat. I just hope the SPONSOR's name is somewhat cool instead of outright cheesy.

Cards_fan40
05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Yea like San Fran's MONSTER PARK. Sounds CHEESY.

Projekt
05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Come on Google! Buy the stadium! GooglePlex would be a great name! :lollollol:

But seriously, the name needs to be cool and inovative, not something generic like other places (like the Company name followed by stadium, that is boring)

bzcardfan
05-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Gateway Sports Park w/ the Pat Tillman Memorial Field

lyynx3
05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
What about Go Daddy Field:Cards logo:

PANTONE194C
05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
The signage for the stadium that was unveiled a few weeks ago gave a little bit of a hint. There were a few instances where the signs read "Sponsor's Field" which made me believe that the name will include "Field". That, combined with the stories I've heard that the Cardinals would like to call the place "Cardinals Stadium", AND the rumors about Toyota being in the running for the naming rights, makes me think that the name MIGHT be:

Toyota Field at Cardinals Stadium.

the wild cards
05-04-2006, 01:07 AM
The signage for the stadium that was unveiled a few weeks ago gave a little bit of a hint. There were a few instances where the signs read "Sponsor's Field" which made me believe that the name will include "Field". That, combined with the stories I've heard that the Cardinals would like to call the place "Cardinals Stadium", AND the rumors about Toyota being in the running for the naming rights, makes me think that the name MIGHT be:

Toyota Field at Cardinals Stadium.
It can be "anything" field at Cardinals Stadium, like GOOGLE FIELD AT CARDINALS STADIUM. I do like that better then just SPONSOR'S NAME

PANTONE194C
05-04-2006, 06:22 AM
It can be "anything" field at Cardinals Stadium, like GOOGLE FIELD AT CARDINALS STADIUM. I do like that better then just SPONSOR'S NAME

Isn't that what I said?

I be confused.

JLU
05-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Isn't that what I said?

I be confused.

Yeah, it is..

PANTONE194C
05-04-2006, 01:46 PM
How can they name it Toyota Field? The houston rockets arena is already named Toyota Center.. It doesnt matter if they are different sports?

We've talked about this before, but remember there already is an AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, and an American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Both are NBA arenas too...

Nah_The_Yum
05-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I thought it was going to be sponsored by Budweiser. The Red Zone or something like that.

the wild cards
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Isn't that what I said?

I be confused.
Yeah it is I am just saying that's great imo they will always be CARDINALS STADIUM just the 1st part can vary with the various sponsors names. So we can change sponsors and still not be changing the whole name like other teams do we'll always be "SOMETHING" FIELD at CARDINALS STADIUM be it Toyota or Google or whatever

With all the hype recently I bet the price for the naming rights just went up BIG TIME!

SunDevilDon
05-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I for one, hate what has happened with stadium names over the past few years. I usually don't have a problem with sponsors getting the names, but for Christ sakes, KEEP THE NAME THE SAME FOR LONGER

I would actually be happy with Google Stadium and Pat Tillman field. But when you are naming arenas "Dunkin Donuts Center" and crap like that, who the hell knows what they're doing. I lose a lot of respect for the cities, teams, and sponsors who do that.

Let's just hope it's not something stupid like Krispy Kreme Stadium or Miller Genuine Draft field. Since the taxpayers paid for a lot of the stadium, they should get some say!!!

FumbleRooski
05-08-2006, 08:38 AM
the wild cards suggests: "It can be "anything" field at Cardinals Stadium, like GOOGLE FIELD AT CARDINALS STADIUM."

Well, . . .almost anything anyway . . .

Imagine if Coca-Cola bought the rights to name the Stadium and came up with "Coke Field at Cardinals Stadium".
This might attract the wrong sorta people.

Likewise for the NECCO Candy Company . . . "Mary Jane Field at Cardinals Stadium".

And Anheuser-Busch . . ."Bud Field at Cardinals Stadium".

TnTCardFans
05-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Here's my hope...Wrigley steps up to sponsor.

And they name it after one of their gum lines.

Big Red Field.

nuff said.