PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Getting Season Tickets

Fitzgerald
02-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Besides being able to attend all of the games, what would you say the biggest benefits of being a Season Ticket Holder is?

Gum
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Hmmm Interesting question. I believe the real benefit is getting to sit in the same spot, game after game with the same people in your section. The season ticket holders are usually die hard fans who are passionate about the Cardinals. The other benefit, is you are guarenteed a good seat for the big games. :Cards logo:

Hollywood
02-03-2006, 03:03 PM
The people that I sat with at SDS were all great. I sat on the visitor side and every year the group or Cardinals fans got a little bigger. Also being grandfathered in for next year. When the Cards start to do well seats are going to be hard to get...but WE will not have to worry.

CardsFanJoe
02-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd say having the same seats for all the games. The friendships you form. At the seat selection, I saw a bunch of people I sat close to or met over the years. It's different for other sports cuz in baseball and basketball for instance, I don't think many people go to all the games. It's see and be seen. I've been to all of the Cards games and I think TLovern (MB member) has only missed one....

Football is so much more passionate, IMO, than other sports. Each game has more meaning, so it's a lot of fun when you cheer (or boo) with the same group of passionate fans...

Tlovern
02-04-2006, 10:50 PM
It's kinda cool getting to know the people around you - it was a tough call, football game or elk hunt....for the one I missed.

Tim

Toro
02-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Gives you the right to say on this message board, "As a season ticket holder for X years, I ..........."

Friendships

Pain and suffering

One more bill to pay

MEDIC-T
02-06-2006, 05:32 PM
One of the best benifits would be to watch this team grow and produce with some of the core players we already have.Not to mention the new state of the art stadium and all this will bring for the city of Glendale.Much to see and get in now because you wiil be sorry later that you didn't.:wave:

Lazy85249
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Several posts have mentioned the friends you make - that's a biggie. If anyone knows where Joe and Delores from section 147 will be sitting before February 24, please e-mail me (Laura and Jerry want to know; it's a possible Chandler-Glendale commute thing). Being part of building a better team is another. If you want the Cards to be a better team, buy season tickets and attend the games. Make a bunch of noise when our defense is on the field - especially when the opposing QB is calling signals! Do just the opposite when our offense is on the field! I wouldn't be mentioning the obvious if I didn't see a lot of Cardinal fans who violate this basic strategy. Hopefully, we really will sell a lot of season tickets and the days of being outnumbered in our own stadium will be a thing of the past. When the Hawks rasie their 12, that's cool! We need a better 12th man for the Cards!

MEDIC-T
02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Several posts have mentioned the friends you make - that's a biggie. If anyone knows where Joe and Delores from section 147 will be sitting before February 24, please e-mail me (Laura and Jerry want to know; it's a possible Chandler-Glendale commute thing). Being part of building a better team is another. If you want the Cards to be a better team, buy season tickets and attend the games. Make a bunch of noise when our defense is on the field - especially when the opposing QB is calling signals! Do just the opposite when our offense is on the field! I wouldn't be mentioning the obvious if I didn't see a lot of Cardinal fans who violate this basic strategy. Hopefully, we really will sell a lot of season tickets and the days of being outnumbered in our own stadium will be a thing of the past. When the Hawks rasie their 12, that's cool! We need a better 12th man for the Cards!Fans in general would help.Fill this ******** stadium:hurray:

kjbad
02-07-2006, 02:57 PM
If you build it, they will come...I mean build the team, not the stadium. :)

Gum
02-07-2006, 03:20 PM
If you build it, they will come...I mean build the team, not the stadium. :)

I think next year will be "If you build it they will come" for the stadium, the following years will be "If you build it they will stay" for the team.

Bassdude
02-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Good points.

Another benefit I'd say is being entered into the "lottery" for Superbowl tickets. Not a very good chance...but better than those without season tickets.

Oaken1
02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Priority for playoff tickets. That is a big one.

Not having to fund scalpers in the event of a sellout. Those people are like crack dealers.

Having your football entertainment dollar locked up before training camp. You can be unemployed and broke come game day, but with season tickets you are going to the game anyway.

Always have your wife/girlfriend help buy your tickets. That way if she leaves you get the pleasure of replacing her on her dime. Priceless.

CardsFanJoe
02-08-2006, 05:50 PM
:lollollol: :iagree: :lollollol: :iagree:

KingofCards
02-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Friends you make and good times spent with old friends and family also.

Mostly though raising hel l in public with no real threat of serious retribution is why I go.

CardsFanJoe
02-09-2006, 07:36 AM
I hear that kettle corn will not be sold in the new stadium...

I may have to reconsider my season tickets...

Gum
02-09-2006, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=Oaken1]
Having your football entertainment dollar locked up before training camp. You can be unemployed and broke come game day, but with season tickets you are going to the game anyway.
QUOTE]

:lollollol:

ARZCardinals
02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
if you're not going for the games....there's only 2 possibilities.

1) you're a chick

or

2) you're a chick

Grow some balls and act like a man....you're asking us why else to go to an NFL game or get season tickets?!?

Home NFL Sunday's are the greatest day's of the year!!!

If it's not an NFL Sunday I'm waiting for the next!!! :biere:

mmm...toast
02-10-2006, 05:53 PM
If it's not an NFL Sunday I'm waiting for the next!!! :biere:
Your not playing Disc GOlf?
P.S. What the **** is disc golf?

BERTRAND #92
04-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Good points.

Another benefit I'd say is being entered into the "lottery" for Superbowl tickets. Not a very good chance...but better than those without season tickets.

Anyone know if this is really true ? I thought I read that somewhere else but just trying to confirm it .

CardsFanJoe
04-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Anyone know if this is really true ? I thought I read that somewhere else but just trying to confirm it .

Yes, there will be some tickets available for STH's. How many, I don't know. I didn't get picked in the previous lottery for SB XXX, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Cardzfan
04-23-2006, 11:38 AM

I heard there be 1000 tickets and it would be "weighted" based on the number of consecutive years you have been a STH.

sixdart
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
The NFL keeps 25.2% of the Super Bowl tickets for sponsors, charities, former players, television networks and the host committee.
17.5% goes to each competing team.
The remaining 29 teams receive 1.2% of the tickets.
There is a 1,000-ticket public lottery.

Any STHs owning (4) Mid-Field or Side Line Club seats by May 31st, with a 5-7-10 year lease agreement, will be eligible to purchase (2) 2008 Super Bowl tickets. The Cardinals will have a lottery for their remaining 1.2% share. These tickets will be weighted by STH date and number of tickets owned.

Stadium Loft members also will be able to purchase (6) Loft Super Bowl tickets with a 5-7-10 lease agreement, so these shouldn't affect the Cardinal's lottery.

sixdart
04-23-2006, 12:37 PM
The 1,000 public ticket lottery is an "at large" lottery ...

Here's How:

1. Write a letter to the NFL requesting tickets for the upcoming Super Bowl.
2. Put it in an envelope and address it as follows:

Super Bowl Random Drawing
P.O. Box 49140
Strongsville, OH 44149-0140

3. Take it to your local post office and send it via certified or registered mail.

Tips:

1. Entries for the random drawing are accepted between February 1 and June 1 of the year preceding the game.
2. Those selected in the random drawing will have the opportunity to purchase two tickets.
3. Only one request per address is accepted. All duplicate requests will be disregarded.
4. All ticket requests must be sent via certified or registered mail. No exceptions!

BERTRAND #92
04-23-2006, 02:15 PM
The NFL keeps 25.2% of the Super Bowl tickets for sponsors, charities, former players, television networks and the host committee.
17.5% goes to each competing team.
The remaining 29 teams receive 1.2% of the tickets.
There is a 1,000-ticket public lottery.Any STHs owning (4) Mid-Field or Side Line Club seats by May 31st, with a 5-7-10 year lease agreement, will be eligible to purchase (2) 2008 Super Bowl tickets. The Cardinals will have a lottery for their remaining 1.2% share. These tickets will be weighted by STH date and number of tickets owned.

Stadium Loft members also will be able to purchase (6) Loft Super Bowl tickets with a 5-7-10 lease agreement, so these shouldn't affect the Cardinal's lottery.

Where it says "these tickets will be weighted by STH date and number of tickets owned".

That means that the more seats you have under your account the better your chances are of being drawn ? Im unclear of what this is saying.

Thanks for the info sixdart .

sixdart
04-23-2006, 04:46 PM
The Cardinals Super Bowl ticket lottery (1.2% ticket allotment) weight will be based on 2 factors - the date you became season ticket holder and how many seats your account holds. To my knowledge, the lottery will take place after the Club Seat and Loft tickets are issued.

crdnl85
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
If the Cardinals are not playing in the SuperBowl,i would not pay what it would cost to go and watch two teams that i hate play football.To me the best things about being a STH is having the same seat every game,and the 20% discount on the merchandise i buy at the team shop all year.I have spent a lot of money there and the discount really helps.:laola:

M0J0
04-27-2006, 11:49 AM
If the Cardinals are not playing in the SuperBowl,i would not pay what it would cost to go and watch two teams that i hate play football.To me the best things about being a STH is having the same seat every game,and the 20% discount on the merchandise i buy at the team shop all year.I have spent a lot of money there and the discount really helps.:laola:

Hmmm... I would guess that you would only have to pay face value for the tickets if you are drawn... Probably wouldn't be chicken feed but I would imagine that you could probably find someone that would take them off your hands if you didn't want to go.

TrueHeroTillman
04-27-2006, 11:57 AM
it's a dilemma, for sure. you could sell your tickets a week before the game and make enough to buy your season tickets for a year. if the cards weren't playing or if it wasn't something special happening (like Elway trying to get that elusive super bowl), then i'd be really tempted to sell my Super Bowl tickets. I could have one awesome vacation week rather than 1 day of excitement.

Gum
04-27-2006, 01:08 PM

I won 2 tickets for Super Bowl XXX from the Cardinals when the Steelers lost to the Cowboys. They where two teams I hate, but the Super Bowl is a spectical that is worth every penny. I would not even consider selling my tickets if I get lucky to win some again. The Super Bowl is a once in a life time event.

BERTRAND #92
04-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Benys to getting Season tix ? Are you serious ?

Pretty obvious. I love spilling beer on opposing fans. Besides ,,, the Cards are my favorite team in the NFL !

LarryCenters_rules
04-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Benys to getting Season tix ? Are you serious ?

Pretty obvious. I love spilling beer on opposing fans. Besides ,,, the Cards are my favorite team in the NFL !
The best was when i "accidentally" spilled beer on Chad Hutchensens sister, and her dad wanted to kick my **** because i wouldnt sit down in the 4th quarter of a tie game. i told her that her brother should have stuck to baseball. the Cardinals beat the cowgirls 9-6 that day. they were a coulple of real nimrods!!!
:redtowel: :bibl: :bibl: :redtowel: