PDA

View Full Version : PSL's???

BigRedVol
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
So now the stadium is sold out. That's what we've all been waiting for. All of us fans, the organization, and the players.

But what is next? I am fully aware of the waiting list, and the processes that they are going about that, and I agree with all of it.

Michael Bidwill once promised to NEVER go to the PSL system. But the majority of the NFL does just that. They sell PSL's to give you rights to certain seats, seats which are under contract by you to buy season tix on them. And his promise came before the light of sell-out crowds.

Now the Cards seem to be (on paper) a legitimate contender for a LONG time to come in this division and in the NFC. We can get used to sell-outs for many years to come.

But in this time, will we ever see PSL's?

I'm paranoid about PSL's. I come from Tennessee, where PSL is a way of life, and the stadium still sells out regardless of winning or losing. Why? Because everybody with a PSL is under contract to buy season tix or get sued by the organization. The organization sucks the masses in when they're winning, they suck them in by making the fans buy PSL's, then when the team starts losing, all PSL holders are still under contract to keep buying.

I would still keep buying, even if we were losing. But I'm paranoid about the CHANCE of the PSL here for a sold out audience while we are WINNING.

:paranoid

CardsFanJoe
05-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I think it was in the proposition that the team could not put in PSL's. I truly believe that the Bidwill's understnd this market. This ain't Tennessee, Green Bay, Chicago, wherever. Green Bay & Tenn that's all there is. Chicago has great tradition.This market is REAL tough and it's a lesson they've learned over the years. We all have as the other pro sports have learned too. It would be in their best interest to bypass that plan and keep the AZ fan on their side and not give any fans a reason to go buy Suns, Coyotes, or D-Bax tickets. Or not as much anyway. They HAVE this market right now. Just make this team competitive 3 out of 4 seasons and they will OWN this town...

Wayne's Cards
05-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Almost the only time you see PSL's is when a NEW team comes to NEW stadium. for example the Lambs moving to St. Louis to a new stadium or the Oilers (Titans) moving to Tennessee to a new stadium.
When the Cardinals moved here in 1988, if there was a new stadium to move into, then we might of had PSL's, but I don't see it ever happening. The club seat contract is as close to a PSL seat there is.

BigRedVol
05-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I think it was in the proposition that the team could not put in PSL's. I truly believe that the Bidwill's understnd this market. This ain't Tennessee, Green Bay, Chicago, wherever. Green Bay & Tenn that's all there is. Chicago has great tradition.This market is REAL tough and it's a lesson they've learned over the years. We all have as the other pro sports have learned too. It would be in their best interest to bypass that plan and keep the AZ fan on their side and not give any fans a reason to go buy Suns, Coyotes, or D-Bax tickets. Or not as much anyway. They HAVE this market right now. Just make this team competitive 3 out of 4 seasons and they will OWN this town...

I agree with all of that. Especially that last bit, and this becoming Cards' town.

I just don't want the extra expense of a PSL. And quite frankly, I don't think none of you want it either. I speak for about the 30,000 of us that were here before this bandwagon arrived. Well, I wasn't here for it as long as most of you. But when my bottom left and right cheeks arrived in AZ, I didn't waste no time to jump on board, and the Titans have been a distant memory ever since I did. Most of you who have been here know my story. So, I speak for the 30,000 that will be here win or lose.

But who I cannot speak for is the OTHER 30,000 who have sold out the stadium. Will they still be here when we start losing? From a pure business standpoint, I can understand if Michael wants to jump on the PSL bandwagon while the winning is good to do it. He will want to keep the stadium sold out. I just don't want to have to pay an extra expense because of these 30,000 bandwagoners who are just this season jumping on board....if you get my drift.

BigRedVol
05-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Almost the only time you see PSL's is when a NEW team comes to NEW stadium. for example the Lambs moving to St. Louis to a new stadium or the Oilers (Titans) moving to Tennessee to a new stadium.
When the Cardinals moved here in 1988, if there was a new stadium to move into, then we might of had PSL's, but I don't see it ever happening. The club seat contract is as close to a PSL seat there is.

Wayne, I believe that over half of the NFL uses the PSL system. I think the number is somewhere around 18 of 32 teams, or so. I could be slightly wrong, but I'm close on the numbers I think. Green Bay even uses PSL's, I think. The strongest fan base in the country, no new stadium, and definitely the same Packers....same with the Chiefs. They all use PSL's unless I'm mistaken...

Portland Card
05-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . quit putting ideas in their heads . . .:shock: :scared: