PDA

View Full Version : Another Broker Gets Tickets --Maybe?

TnTCardFans
05-19-2006, 02:01 PM
I was just watching this on ebay. Someone had posted a 4 seat season ticket package in Section 122 Row 19.

It was originally listed at $500.
Last night the high bid was around $800.
With 4 minutes left to go the bid was $1676.
It jsut closed at $2015 or just over $50 a seat total, which I think is about face value.

The winning bidder was Chefko Tix, a broker!

The issue I see is that the person selling it has only had 2 transactions on ebay and could be a crook, so there's a chance the broker never gets the tickets. On top of that, who would list 4 tickets at $500? This one smells a little bit but just another example of brokers believing they are going to be able to cash in on the Cards this year.

Cardzfan
05-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I was just watching this on ebay. Someone had posted a 4 seat season ticket package in Section 122 Row 19.

It jsut closed at $2015 or just over $50 a seat total, which I think is about face value.

The issue I see is that the person selling it has only had 2 transactions on ebay and could be a crook, so there's a chance the broker never gets the tickets. On top of that, who would list 4 tickets at $500? This one smells a little bit but just another example of brokers believing they are going to be able to cash in on the Cards this year.

Good point!

D.Payne #29
05-19-2006, 10:19 PM
America the beautiful. Happens in every major league city. I have no problem with it. Blackouts lifted. People who wanted season tickets bad enough got them, as will people who want singles.

BigRedVol
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM

The broker is protected against anything if he uses pay-pal. He is double protected if he uses a credit card thru pay-pal. As both of these offer buyer protection services. The seller will lose if he/she is a fraud because ebay will track their IP, and allocate them for payment or risk lawsuit.

This was probably a Cards fan who listed the auction, then decided to forfeit this 1 years worth of tix to make a quick buck, since all home games are on TV. This seller still has the account set up in their name, and the rights to the tix next year. Or the rights to sell them again if the sellouts continue. That's my guess anyway....

Cardzfan
05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
It was not that easy for me. You can never talk to a person at Paypal and it is a real pain jumping through all the hoops trying to get your money back. I am much more cautious now.

ou812
05-23-2006, 09:02 PM
i was born and raised in phoenix to. where did you go to school at???

ARZCardinals
05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
you need to become an investigator...

that or you have WAY too much time on your hands...:peace: