Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National anthem last sunday

Default National anthem last sunday

Nobody had really brought this up yet so I thought I would give credit where it's due.

Last week (against the 49ers.) I was so excited for the game to start. All the pregame stuff was amazing, the BlackEyedPeas were totally awesome! I was really anxious to see who the Cards had brought in to sing the National Anthem. I was thinking,, hmm Christina Aguilera? Beyonce? Mariah Carey? Kelly Clarkson? You know, all the typical choices and I have to admit I was a little surprised when they announce some local girl from Glendale was going to sing it. I have to admit I was a little disappointed.

Then she started singing.

I am telling you that was the most amazing rendition of the national anthem I have ever heard. I had chills going up and down my body and I looked over at my dad (a vietnam vet) and he had tears streaming down his face, which ofcourse got me going as well cuz I had never seen that before, and I'm not even like overly patriotic or anything, you know, I love my country but I dont really like freak out when I watch "the patriot" or anything. Lets just say the Anthem has never touched me that deeply before. Everyone around us was just in awe of how beautifuly she sang. Looking around at our amazing stadium and hanging out with all my fellow Arizona Cardinal fans, I felt really patriotic.

I just wondered if anyone else felt the same way and if anyone remembers what her name was.

Props to you local girl, you blew me away and did more justice to our National anthem than I have ever heard in my life. I will never forget it. Thanks
    This is Phoenix, we RISE baby!

She was sooooo good, she had me singing along with her.

That was a pretty cool rendition of the ol' star spangled banner.

I had chills as well during our National Anthem.

She did an exellent job!!!!
    I BLEED CARDINAL RED!!!

They should have that trumpet player do a game, that guy who did games at D' Backs and Suns games for a while.

Default wow

I have to say I agree, that girl had a voice and it sounded great. I cant remember her name but if I am not mistake her father is a very highly respected local high school football coach.....

BOOMAN....that was Jordin Sparks. She is Phillipi Sparks (of ASU and NY Giants/Dallas Cowgirl fame) daughter and YES, she is solid! She actually just won the Arizona Idol competition last week on Channel 3 and won a new Ford Fusion. That was a great rendition no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by LogeLunatic
    Cool thanks for the link! We'll all have to vote for her if she gets on American Idol...
    This is Phoenix, we RISE baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe84
    They should have that trumpet player do a game, that guy who did games at D' Backs and Suns games for a while.
    He's done alot of Cards games too....Jessie McGuire..

Actually, he did Cards games before the other teams got him...
    Last edited by CardsFanJoe; 09-16-2006 at 09:08 PM.
    GO CARDS!!

Watch it again (well, most of it) here. RealPlayer required.
    Last edited by Mibrilane #56; 09-16-2006 at 09:33 PM.