Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Staley blows them away

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    If JT, Staley, and Sears go in round 1, who in round 2 would be a good pick at OT? I would vote Ugoh but I know there are a couple of others like Free and others.
    At this point it's looking reasonable that Ugoh might go in the first as well. That leaves us looking at guys like Free, Harris or Marten in the 2nd. What this tells me is that if we choose a player like AP or Johnson over Thomas then we will find no potential starting OTs in the 2nd ... except by blind luck.

However if Thomas is gone, and we have a luxury like trading down with teams who want AP, Johnson or Quinn (into the 20-28 range), we might grab 2 OTs that can support our line quite well. All pipe dreams perhaps, since many, many things can happen between now and the draft that render all this moot ... but it's still more logical IMO than grabbing a very, very expensive player that we have no need for ... and then having the same caliber o-line we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHart View Post
    I'm fairly sure now that neither Kalil nor Staley will be there with our second pick ... making Thomas that much more important for us IMO.
    I'm not so sure about Thomas .. I would like to trade down and try to get a guy like Staley and Willis instead ...
    "The Cardinals will not cause the Cardinals to lose" - Arians 1-18-13

Quote Originally Posted by BullheadCardFan View Post
    I'm not so sure about Thomas .. I would like to trade down and try to get a guy like Staley and Willis instead ...
    I say at least one of these guys will be there when we pick: Sears, Ugoh, or Free by our pick in round 2.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    I think this is another huge reason to try and trade down with New England, if they would do it.

#24 - Paul Paulusnzy
    #28 - Joe Staley

I am huge fan of Staley and had hoped to get him in the second but I think he will be gone by then.
    The Pats FO is not known for its willingness to trade up, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    "Edge needs power and Edge don't need no curfew. Edge time is Edge time."

i also doubt a trade with New England is possible...BUT this FO did sign Thomas,Stallworth and Washington...considering they don't like to throw money around they have shown a willingness to do it.If we got NEs 2 #1s maybe we get a Jarvis Moss/Lawrence Timmons combo with Ugoh or Staley in the 2nd round....or draft Ugoh or Staley with that 2nd #1 pick....just a thought in the middle of the night...I still say we keep the 5th and get J ******* Thomas....dream off-season continues.

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    I think this is another huge reason to try and trade down with New England, if they would do it.

#24 - Paul Paulusnzy
    #28 - Joe Staley

I am huge fan of Staley and had hoped to get him in the second but I think he will be gone by then.
    Thats not a bad idea at all. If Thomas and Peterson are gone, and were not sold on paying Adams #5 money, im all for trading down to NE.
    And if Paul or Joe are gone, we could get Kalil w/ one of those picks
    Not proud of it, but will always be Team Leinart