Thread: Blast from the Past

Default Blast from the Past

I was going through some old stuff this weekend and came across something interesting:

Back in 1994, the Cardinals finished 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs. The interesting thing is we weren't mathematically eliminated from playoff contention until the final weekend. Strangely enough, there was a scenario where we could have hosted an opening round game and remarkably, even the NFC championship game.

The Cardinals sold and printed tickets for the games that never happened. The money I paid was just deposited for the next year's season tickets.

I also recall this as the year the NFL allowed its teams to play in throw-back uniforms. We beat Pittsburgh on Halloween-eve in overtime. The Steelers looked like something from a horror movie. The Cards looked like they had for the past 80 years, save they wore tan pants instead of white.

The picture doesn't do it justice--blame my scanner. The dark rectangles are actually gold foil.
    Last edited by Avondale_Larry; 05-02-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    "This defense has absolutely no testiculars." - NJCard"Fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Avondale_Larry View Post
    I was going through some old stuff this weekend and came across something interesting:

Back in 1994, the Cardinals finished 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs. The interesting thing is we weren't mathematically eliminated from playoff contention until the final weekend. Strangely enough, there was a scenario where we could have hosted an opening round game and remarkably, even the NFC championship game.

The Cardinals sold and printed tickets for the games that never happened. The money I paid was just deposited for the next year's season tickets.

I also recall this as the year the NFL allowed its teams to play in throw-back uniforms. We beat Pittsburgh on Halloween-eve in overtime. The Steelers looked like something from a horror movie. The Cards looked like they had for the past 80 years, save they wore tan pants instead of white.

The picture doesn't do it justice--blame my scanner. The dark rectangles are actually gold foil.
    Nice FIND! I love spring cleaning!
    Follow the Kid: facebook.com/kidstallyn and @KidStallyn on Twitter

Very cool, Larry. I've saved all ticket stubs to sporting events since waaaaaay back. I have a garbage bag full of them starting with the 1971 World Series. Baseball, football, hoops, NASCAR, and even the occassional hockey game. A few years ago I started clipping things from the next days paper like boxscores for baseball, game summary's for football, etc. For special games when something unique happens, I write a little note on the article. Since I've lived here, that hasn't been too much but Jerry Rice's last game was here so I have that one. Have 6 or so from the Suns playoff run last year. Hopefully I'll have some Cardinal ticket stubs like that except for games they actually play!

BTW, the price of the World Series ticket - upper row in the outfield of Three River Stadium, which I walked up to the window and bought the day of the game? 6 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater View Post
    Very cool, Larry. I've saved all ticket stubs to sporting events since waaaaaay back. I have a garbage bag full of them starting with the 1971 World Series. Baseball, football, hoops, NASCAR, and even the occassional hockey game. A few years ago I started clipping things from the next days paper like boxscores for baseball, game summary's for football, etc. For special games when something unique happens, I write a little note on the article. Since I've lived here, that hasn't been too much but Jerry Rice's last game was here so I have that one. Have 6 or so from the Suns playoff run last year. Hopefully I'll have some Cardinal ticket stubs like that except for games they actually play!

BTW, the price of the World Series ticket - upper row in the outfield of Three River Stadium, which I walked up to the window and bought the day of the game? 6 bucks!
    I have a ton of ticket stubbs from sporting events, even one world series and one superbowl, and concerts. The one that stands out I guess is Nolan Ryan's last game against the Angels in Anahiem. I was sitting upper deck left field(before reconfiguration) in a sold out stadium and could still hear the ball hit the catchers glove. Amazing.

I still have mine too!!

Saw them a few months back. Ahhhhh, the good ole days!!
    STH SINCE '88

Me too!
    The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese.

larry. that is awesome. thanks for sharing that.

anyone have anything like this from 98?

I still have my from the 1983 USFL championship game at Mile High Stadium on the 50 yard line.

Default Ticket Stubs

Hi does anyone have or know where I could get some ticket stubs from early 90s. After moving i`ve lost some, I just need photos as i`m shrinking to fit in to a photo for my Cardinals room. Thanks Dan