Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals make final cuts

Quote Originally Posted by azbmxican View Post

How about everyone else's delight Pago??? Everyone started riding his jock on how he out showed Buster yet, he was cut aswell.
    That must have been a tough cut. I was shocked with this name, he played fantastic. I guess what they alotted for MLB (which is dangerously thin now) got him in a numbers game.

And also the amount of tackles they dumped shocked me. I'll bet they are pouring over the hundred or so tackles on waiver right now. The tackles must have really sucked. lol.

I like the business of this lists, though. It has a solid feel of perform-or-walk, and no smell of politics. Nice.

Buster busted faster than any draft pick in my history of watching this team. At least it won't be painful, like Rolle is proving to be.

Quote Originally Posted by finally View Post
    It is not like we just wasted an entire draft. Levi and Branch will be studs.
    So much of the game is determined at the line of scrimmage. Levi Brown and Alan Branch have the potential to dominate there and make this years draft look good for years. Breaston could add something to the return game, no one knows for sure no matter what they say now. The free agents Hood/Holt/Al Johnson improve the team at least with depth.
    Last year we added Leinart, Lutui, Pope, Watson, and Brandon Johnson. This team is improving, sometimes it only takes a little bit to tip the scales.

Default practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by AussieCardinalintheUSA View Post
    Buster being cut really questions the drafting ability of the team.
    We'll see if he ends up on the practice squad resigned by what he earned. Still say his advantage is his mind reading and calling plays on defense which takes years to develope at MLB in the NFL. Must not have gained D's respect as a leader.

What they lack in Drafting ability was made up in humble correct decisions. Now we'll really see the quality of our scouting staff and whose graded an upgrade from other teams cut's. It's hard to upgrade our 53 with out adding alot of age and losing upside.

2 qb's but Boyd is easy to upgrade.

my biggest surprise is how many quality players we didn't cut. I mean our cut recievers can upgrade depth on other teams but I thought we would lose more talent then we did. i thought Mitchell was stsying.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBird View Post
    How do you go into the season with two tackles? And they are your starters?
    I am wondering the same thing you are .. Whiz and staff must have their eyes on other players that are to be released .. theres no way we go into the season with no depth at OT ...
    "The Cardinals will not cause the Cardinals to lose" - Arians 1-18-13

Quote Originally Posted by BullheadCardFan View Post
    I am wondering the same thing you are .. Whiz and staff must have their eyes on other players that are to be released .. theres no way we go into the season with no depth at OT ...

And you know what? I really like this. This is what I'm hearing by this...

"Look, if you suck, you're gonna get cut. I don't care if we don't have anyone better. We'll find someone. But sucking is completely unacceptable."

They are pouring over names of OT's right now. Secretaries are working late finding NFL films for coaches. They are crash grading. They'll claim at least one tackle, and maybe two. And Euhus and scrub-tackle (forgot his name) should not buy a house, because when those claims are made, they're gone.

Well, there are always surprises: the two things that surprised me most were that we kept 4 TEs and that we released the back-up OTs. I was also surprised that both Pago and Buster were cut. I thought that Pago would beat out Buster, but even though he played well, he must not have been an option for ST and so both of them became expendable.

I'll be interested to see who we pick-up from the other team cuts.
    Last edited by LongTimeFan; 08-31-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieCardinalintheUSA View Post
    Buster being cut really questions the drafting ability of the team.
    Even Whiz said that he had conversations with Buster because his play in preseason and camp was not same as what they saw on film. So, either he wasn't dedicated or he lacked the athletic ability to play LB in the NFL or he just wasn't smart enough to learn what he needed to know.

My guess is though that the scout who touted him has lost some credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesters View Post
    And you know what? I really like this. This is what I'm hearing by this...

"Look, if you suck, you're gonna get cut. I don't care if we don't have anyone better. We'll find someone. But sucking is completely unacceptable."

They are pouring over names of OT's right now. Secretaries are working late finding NFL films for coaches. They are crash grading. They'll claim at least one tackle, and maybe two. And Euhus and scrub-tackle (forgot his name) should not buy a house, because when those claims are made, they're gone.
    Was Qasim Mitchell really that bad ... ???
    "The Cardinals will not cause the Cardinals to lose" - Arians 1-18-13

Don't forget that Wells can play tackle if he has to.

Default Shane Boyd

Hi Fans,

Does anyone know why they had to cut Boyd? I thought he looked pretty good overall throughout the exhibition season.

Why are they keeping so many Tight ends?

I agree they should have kept some OT's around a little longer but maybe they are waiting to pick some players up on the wire. Who can they bring in here?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by lileyho240 View Post
    Cuts are made
    The Cards have made their cuts, including third-round pick Buster Davis. Nothing else jaw-dropping, unless you consider the decision to keep five wideouts and let both Micheal Spurlock and LeRon McCoy go.

Here is the list. A full story will be posted in a few minutes:

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has released the following 21 players: cornerback MICHAEL ADAMS, running back STEVE BAYLARK, quarterback SHANE BOYD, quarterback LANG CAMPBELL, linebacker BUSTER DAVIS, tackle BRANDON GORIN, linebacker DAVID HOLLOWAY, cornerback DARRELL HUNTER, guard BRIAN JOHNSON, safety BRANDON KEELER, defensive tackle JONATHAN LEWIS, wide receiver LERON MCCOY, tackle QASIM MITCHELL, center SCOTT PETERS, tight end ALEX SHOR, wide receiver MICHEAL SPURLOCK, middle linebacker PAGO TOGAFAU, wide receiver MATT TRANNON, tackle ELLIOT VALLEJO, fullback ROSHON VERCHER, and cornerback JUSTIN WYATT.