Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Employee Killed In Black Friday Idiocy

Default Wal-Mart Employee Killed In Black Friday Idiocy

Well, it was bound to happen. A 34 year old Wal-Mat employee got trampled to death after the store opened for one of these idiotic Black Friday sales. Hopefully now these stores will cut this crap out.
    Washington - An employee at a Wal-Mart store in Long Island, New York died after being knocked down by hundreds of shoppers hunting for bargains Friday, US media reported citing witnesses. Customers who had jammed the store entrance knocked down and trampled the man minutes after doors opened at 5 am, the New York Daily News reported. http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-stampede.html
    I root for 2 teams; The Cardinals and whoever is playing Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, it was bound to happen. A 34 year old Wal-Mat employee got trampled to death after the store opened for one of these idiotic Black Friday sales. Hopefully now these stores will cut this crap out.
    Well, the economy is crap so I guess this year there is more desperation to get all the deals with what little one can afford. Not condoning it but times are tough.
    Maybe Walmart should invest in hiring substantial security when advertising in "deals they can't refuse". It's a shame though...

It's not just this year. Evey year there's this madness but this is the first time someone was killed because of it.

It's not just this year. Evey year there's this madness but this is the first time someone was killed because of it.
    Yeah, really sad, and apparently people kept shopping after the management told them to leave because SOMEBODY HAD DIED.

But hey, gotta get that LCD screen for only $199, right?!

Disgusting.

Buy, buy, buy, buy some more...this is why I hate Commercial Christmas.
    This was like watching two manatees stuck in mud fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuzz View Post
    Yeah, really sad, and apparently people kept shopping after the management told them to leave because SOMEBODY HAD DIED.

But hey, gotta get that LCD screen for only $199, right?!

Disgusting.

Buy, buy, buy, buy some more...this is why I hate Commercial Christmas.
    The problem is these stores and the bait-N-switch. This is why there is mass hysteria. They lower a big ticket item to an insane price but only offer a scant few at that price. This is why people kill each other to get them. Sad thing is that these chains know this is going to happen. The Wal-Mart near me had State Troopers in the lot and it didn't matter. When the store opened, the people who were waiting in line for hours got screwed while the people who waited 5 minutes before the doors opened before getting out of their cars rushed the doors. This is the reason why I: A-never shop on black Friday and B-use the internet. You can get the same bargain online.

The problem is these stores and the bait-N-switch. This is why there is mass hysteria. They lower a big ticket item to an insane price but only offer a scant few at that price. This is why people kill each other to get them. Sad thing is that these chains know this is going to happen. The Wal-Mart near me had State Troopers in the lot and it didn't matter. When the store opened, the people who were waiting in line for hours got screwed while the people who waited 5 minutes before the doors opened before getting out of their cars rushed the doors. This is the reason why I: A-never shop on black Friday and B-use the internet. You can get the same bargain online.
    Exactly, there are so many things wrong with "black friday." I actually like the way Best Buy does it, that seems to be the most fair. They come out 2 hours before the store opens and they move down the line and they hand out a voucher for the big ticket sales. Once in the store, you can only buy the item at the "black friday" price with that voucher, so there is no point in rushing the doors or anything like that. It's just disgusting to think that people would be willing to literally kill someone just to save some money on a TV.

More stores need to consider this voucher system to prevent this type of thing from happening. They should also be forbidden to keep advertising these insane deals when they only offer that price on 1 or 2 of those items. In my opinion, that's dishonest marketing. I'm more inclined to shop at stores like Frys Electronics who's sale price is on all items of that type in stock and lasts through Sunday. I went there Saturday night and bought a $320 Intel Quad Core CPU for $185. I didn't even have to kill anyone to do it.

If my count is correct I only killed 3 people this year. It was 5 last year so dont get all up in arms on me now, I'm trying my best.
    Last edited by GreisenFan14; 11-30-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Formerly "Wide Left Rackers"

Default along the same line of thought...

in palm desert(palm springs) 2 guys shot each other dead in a toys r us store at about 11 in morning... on black friday... press releases say not affiliated with black friday sales, but was a previous argument that escalated...

such a shame, the sanctitiy of life is seemingly gone, with a lot of people...sigh
    noise from the top is best:

I think someone was killed at a Walmart in Tucson a couple of years back....same thing.....trampled...It was a shopper and not an employee, but that doesn't matter...someone died....
    Follow the Kid: facebook.com/kidstallyn and @KidStallyn on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by footballfamilyguy View Post
    in palm desert(palm springs) 2 guys shot each other dead in a toys r us store at about 11 in morning... on black friday... press releases say not affiliated with black friday sales, but was a previous argument that escalated...

such a shame, the sanctitiy of life is seemingly gone, with a lot of people...sigh
    Sad to say, but there really hasn't been a sanctity of life since that whole Cain & Abel thing went down...
    Not supposed to fit in...