Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playoff game...sat or sun?

Default Playoff game...sat or sun?

when will we know if the playoff game is saturday or sunday?

They wont release the schedule until the playoffs are locked next week but I'd put money that we'll be playing on Saturday.
    This is Phoenix, we RISE baby!

last year the seeding/schedule was:

sat
    nfc 3-6
    afc 4-5

sun
    nfc 4-5
    afc 3-6

2006 was the opposite, nfc/afc switched but seeding and days the same.

Quote Originally Posted by willk24 View Post
    when will we know if the playoff game is saturday or sunday?
    As Jim Mora would say,

"Playoffs? Playoffs?"

Oh yeah. No matter how bad the Cards might look, they've made the playoffs. Somewhere, Jim Mora must be shaking his head...

I hope it's Saturday. Let's get it out of the way so we can rest the starters that Sunday and make a lot of people happy...

;)

The game will be on Sunday the 4th. It's explained in the links below. FOX gets the NFC 4th vs 5th seed game. FOX's game is on Sunday. NBC gets both Saturday games. Since the Cards are locked into the 4th seed the game will be on Sunday. I don't think the Fiesta Bowl being on Monday matters to the NFL.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/schedules/playoffs/

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST#Week
    "Now I know why tigers eat their young."

We are a lock at 4th seed and it will be Sunday.
    Superbowl Again or Bust
    51 year fan 1960-2011

last year the seeding/schedule was:

sat
    nfc 3-6
    afc 4-5

sun
    nfc 4-5
    afc 3-6

2006 was the opposite, nfc/afc switched but seeding and days the same.
    Both Saturday games are 3vs 6 on NBC. Both 4vs 5 games are Sunday per the schedule on NFL.com. That means there's a 99% chance we'll play on Sunday. Since both the 4 seeds will come from the West, either Denver or San Diego, and the Cardinals, it's a toss up as to which time. Denver and Us are both on the same times right now. San Diego is an hour behind. If it's San Deigo, they'll more then likely get the afternoon game instead of a 9am kickoff local San Diego time. In either scenario, I'd say we'll get the 10am game, just because of the Fiesta Bowl, and giving them mfore time to prep the stadium for the game Monday night.
    Last edited by KidStallyn; 12-22-2008 at 02:16 PM.
    Follow the Kid: facebook.com/kidstallyn and @KidStallyn on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by KidStallyn View Post
    Both Saturday games are 3vs 6 on NBC. Both 4vs 5 games are Sunday per the schedule on NFL.com. That means there's a 99% chance we'll play on Sunday. Since both the 4 seeds will come from the West, either Denver or San Diego, and the Cardinals, it's a toss up as to which time. Denver and Us are both on the same times right now. San Diego is an hour behind. If it's San Deigo, they'll more then likely get the afternoon game instead of a 9am kickoff local San Diego time. In either scenario, I'd say we'll get the 10am game, just because of the Fiesta Bowl, and giving them mfore time to prep the stadium for the game Monday night.
    Is there any chance they'd adjust the times? Sorry if that's a dumb question. If they played our game @ 4PM EST and the other @ 7:30 EST - couldn't that work? I'm sure television contracts are complicated but a NFL playoff game in primetime wouldn't hurt anyone would it?

I've got totally selfish motives. I've gotten used to the beer buzz before noon on Sundays. Getting one before 8AM would qualify me as having a drinking problem. Oh well.

Hello, I'm Tailgater and I'm an alcoholic. "Hi Tailgater."

Quote Originally Posted by KidStallyn View Post
    Where do you see this on NFL.com? I don't see the times posted yet...I'd like to book my flight.

Where do you see this on NFL.com? I don't see the times posted yet...I'd like to book my flight.
    Look under schedule pull down, and select playoffs. Both 3 v 6 game are NBC. Contractually they paid big bucks for that matchup, so it's pretty much set in stone. Sunday is designated for the CBS/FOX broadcasts.
    Follow the Kid: facebook.com/kidstallyn and @KidStallyn on Twitter