Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 178

Thread: The Cut Levi Brown at the end of the season petition

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,534

    Default

    His continued starts and lack of production on the field completely defy Coach Ken’s philosophy on earning your keep. Can anyone say Farce!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCard View Post
    Its a lousy analysis based upon poor metrics; try having your own point of view rather than pointing me to someone else's analysis that completely ignores situational relevance and supporting cast performance.

    Levi is going to be fine.
    Yea, you are prob right Euro. Your observations and opinion should be taken much more seriously than expert analysis. Just FYI, I can show you many expert links that support his rating is in the bottom 3 in the league at his position. He is going to be fine???? He has been lousy so far. Not sure what you are watching. Give Derrick Anderson a break too then. His supporting cast was your quality LT named Levi. Is that the situational relevance you are talking about?

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed11 View Post
    Also love how everyone wants him to move to guard. I can only think of 1 bad tackle that made a good guard in the past 10 years and thats LD. If it was just that simple, why don't all bad tackles move to guard? Oh yea, its a WHOLE DIFFERENT POSITION!!!
    Its very common. Oakland did it with Gallery and he is a very good gueard. The bigger problem with drafting a player at Tackle and playing them at Guard is $$$. A player drafted to play LT is going to probable be the highest paid lineman and make substantially more than a guard.

    Hopefully Levi Peterson will have a better year.

    What's all this ** on the board about Pro Bowl this and that.. The fans vote for the pro-bowl. The Pro-Bowl is a popularity contest. That is all.

    LD went to the most popular football team in the NFL and had a decent season...of course he is going to the PB.
    "When a player shows you who he is.. Believe him" BILL PARCELLS

  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCard View Post
    Its a lousy analysis based upon poor metrics; try having your own point of view rather than pointing me to someone else's analysis that completely ignores situational relevance and supporting cast performance.

    Levi is going to be fine.
    #36 08-11-2011, 01:54 AM
    EuroCard
    EuroCard Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Den Haag, NL
    Posts: 1,710

    YOUR QUOTE FROM A PREVIOUS THREAD ABOUT LEVI--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is the LT the only player on Offense that has to be perfect on every single play?

    i got to thinking about it and just about every other position gets a break now and then, but LT, nope. We looke for perfection every time and we curse and swear every time its not perfect.

    It will be interesting watching Levi this year, I rate him quite highly, have his shirt, would like to see him here for a long time. He is going to get beaten sometimes, no one is perfect, but if there are 60 snaps in a game and he is beat twice that means he is playing at 96% plus, is that acceptable?

    Sorry, I forgot you were the one standing up for Levi in a previous thread. Who are you ? His mother or something?

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howejo View Post
    I liked it when Gandy played LT and Brown was on the right. Gandy was a very underrated LT. In fact our 08 OL was underrated actually IMO
    100% agree with you on Gandy. I thought he did an excellent job while he was here. As for Brown, Warner was able to see the pash rush comin. So I guess thats better?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Den Haag, NL
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smktlk View Post
    Sorry, I forgot you were the one standing up for Levi in a previous thread.
    Well done, so you have discovered that I tend to be consistent in my posting, not wandering from one extreme to another based upon whatever the flavour of the day is. I stand by my assessment. If I am proved wrong down the line call me out on it and I will take my knocks; but as of now, I believe Levi Brown will be a very good LT for us this year.

    Oh, and I am happy to put my analysis up against that of many of the 'so called experts out there' if I were not I wouldn't be watching football, let alone posting on this board.
    Last edited by EuroCard; 08-24-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    haiku tweets @EuroCard60

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCard View Post
    Well done, so you have discovered that I tend to be consistent in my posting, not wandering from one extreme to another based upon whatever the flavour of the day is. I stand by my assessment. If I am proved wrong down the line call me out on it and I will take my knocks; but as of now, I believe Levi Brown will be a very good LT for us this year.

    Oh, and I am happy to put my analysis up against that of many of the 'so called experts out there' if I were not I wouldn't be watching football, let alone posting on this board.
    If he can knock off the penalties, I think he's near the top for the NFL, he should have a decent year with help from legit TEs now

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCard View Post
    Well done, so you have discovered that I tend to be consistent in my posting, not wandering from one extreme to another based upon whatever the flavour of the day is. I stand by my assessment. If I am proved wrong down the line call me out on it and I will take my knocks; but as of now, I believe Levi Brown will be a very good LT for us this year.

    Oh, and I am happy to put my analysis up against that of many of the 'so called experts out there' if I were not I wouldn't be watching football, let alone posting on this board.
    I agree with a lot of your points. I think that CB's get an equal amount of unfair criticism. It seems like a message board mentality is that our Qb should throw 3 TD's per game but our corners should never get beat.

    Our LT should never give up a sack but our DE should get more sacks.

    I also wonder how Levi's false starts compare to the amount of false starts of other LT's around the league

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finally View Post
    I agree with a lot of your points. I think that CB's get an equal amount of unfair criticism. It seems like a message board mentality is that our Qb should throw 3 TD's per game but our corners should never get beat.

    Our LT should never give up a sack but our DE should get more sacks.

    I also wonder how Levi's false starts compare to the amount of false starts of other LT's around the league
    while I couldn't find that stat, here's a few I thought were interesting:

    Best I could find was 09 on this, so he may have improved for last year, he likely did when you look at link #2. Most overall penalties in the NFL in 2009:
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ext...most-penalties

    While this stat doesn't include holds, or anything else, it's a favorable stat for Cards, believe it or not. But then again, look at who they're comparing us with lol. False starts though week 15 in 2010:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...h-false-starts

    lol, I don't know what the hell the stats mean, whether we're 9th frmm the best or 9th from the worst. There's great teams on either end of the spectrum. I'm assuming 9th from the best because NE, Den, and Indy are above us and they are consistently known for having top-tier lines. But I also would have said the same about Pittsburgh. I dunno, if you know the meaning of this, please share with the class lol. Overall Offensive line stats by team:
    http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teamOL.php

    the line very well could be better than given credit for, (if it mean's #1 is the best) or about where expected (if #1 is the worst). Either way, hope and pray for the best I guess...
    Last edited by 52brandon; 08-24-2011 at 04:28 AM.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats_red10 View Post
    This thread is just wow.
    WOW = waste if words lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •