Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Rookie Class

Default Our Rookie Class

The 1 good thing that has come out off the last 4 weeks is proof that this draft class is good.

P.P. is a stud ya he is getting burned alot but that **** is gonna happen his rookie year it happenend to C.Woodson

Ryan Williams-Injury could be a blessing in disguise but before he got hurt he was looking like a #1 back next year we have 2 headed back system that wil be nice VERY NICE

R.Housler-made his firt catch sunday,Expect him 2 get alot of playing time i'v seen him play more and more every game he will bust out sooner than later

A-Shear Dude is looking better and better every week next year i expect him to make the pro-bowl @ fb dude is ******* people up left and right and beanie knows it and so does the giants i watched shearman blast defenders into the endzone on both runs he is very nice plus has decent catch and run ablilty.

David carter steal of the 7 rd makeing play's for loss causing fumble's what more can you ask from a 7rd Dt from UCLA ?? i remember him saying earlier if he knew then what he knows now he would be a #1pick and i belive it.

So far nice draft this year looking like Whiz first solid draft

Will be honest here, I have not seen ******** from any of them except for PP and Sherman. I will give williams a pass since he is injured. I will not deny that Housler might have some potential, but seriously? why did we need a tight end that early, did we not have much bigger needs? I dont know I am very bitter right now looking at all the holes on this team and reflecting back on this 2011 draft full with picks that are doing absolutely nothing for us. You cant grade a draft till 2 or 3 years, but right at the moment I give this draft a C+.

i just cant wait to see how ryan williams does. i was so upset to see he got hurt this year.. with the way beanie is running and the way williams looked during preseason, that really could become a mean tandem. if we can establish a run game that will help open up the passing game a lot. and in turn, if we can start to open the passing game down field, it will let our backs rip it up. we just need to get over that initial hump and we are there. o-line..o-line..
    Last edited by dsr521; 10-03-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Blood is the rose of mysterious union

Quote Originally Posted by Floridacard88 View Post
    Will be honest here, I have not seen ******** from any of them except for PP and Sherman. I will give williams a pass since he is injured. I will not deny that Housler might have some potential, but seriously? why did we need a tight end that early, did we not have much bigger needs? I dont know I am very bitter right now looking at all the holes on this team and reflecting back on this 2011 draft full with picks that are doing absolutely nothing for us. You cant grade a draft till 2 or 3 years, but right at the moment I give this draft a C+.
    David Carter ?

Quote Originally Posted by 216CardsFan View Post
    David Carter ?
    Might make a solid starter, but nothing more. That said, he will be great for rotations and I will acknowledge that he was a good find in that low of a round.

Might make a solid starter, but nothing more. That said, he will be great for rotations and I will acknowledge that he was a good find in that low of a round.
    Solid starter in the 7th round would be a steal.

why does he have a ceiling?

We really haven't seen anything yet. PP and Sherman are the only two who have made consistent impact so far. Carter is looking like a stud. Great depth pick there. At least our scouting staff seems to have a good nick for drafting some Dlinemen.

Now if only that could apply to OLB...

Just wanted to say that David Carter was drafted in the 6th round. Not that its a whole lot different, just wanted to straighten that out. Great talent and looks like he will be quite good, plus will push Dan Williams to improve.

They needed a TE at the time. They had no idea they were going to land King & Heap because of the lockout. At the time I was mad they took Williams instead of Lance Kendricks if they wanted a TE early (I was glad they passed on Reed & Ayers, unlike many others), but now I can see that they saw something in Williams. Just bad injury luck.

Peterson's play is downgrading the draft every week though.