Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Peterson is soft

Default Patrick Peterson is soft

After watching 2 TD's in the 1st quarter by AP I noticed that PP21 wanted no part of AP on the sideline and then he got run over inside the 5 yard line. I thought that PP21 was this freak with size, speed, and strength? Maybe it shows that he was just surrounded by some great players at LSU and it made him a better player. With the pass rush LSU had QB's would make terrible throws and PP was there to capitalize.
    Niners are taking the West!

well it looked to me like we were pressing and he was trying to strip it, which I think is a bad idea. AP can fumble, but pressing is something we can't do.

that said, I agree as of right now, he's no good. Bottom line is AJ is outplaying him. Perhaps that means good things, that AJ is and will be quite good, but as of now, 21 is a bad player

He's not soft! he's a rookie.

PP21 was the best pick in last seasons draft, the guy is going to be the next charles woodson

Quote Originally Posted by flagstaff card View Post
    He's not soft! he's a rookie.

Thank you! And a darn good one too who's only going to get better if he's blessed to stay healthy. Well said!!

Soft? More like smart. Why on earth are you going to get trucked by AP and risk injury with the state of this team?

All the great CB's struggle rookie year. It's the toughest position to transition from college to the NFL

we must be running out of thread ideas.

What's next? Darnell Dockett is a wimp?

Soft? Like stated above he did the smart move and went for the legs. At least he got in front of ap not like another corner we had before.

On the 1st TD there is no reason why Peterson should have been 1on1 with ap to begin with. Were was the outside containment to flush ap in? That's the OLB job. Peterson did the right move my going for the legs. If it wasn't fir them practically being on the goal line that would of been a stop.

2nd TD run there is no way our dline or LB should of allowed ap to even reach the secondary level. Again Peterson instead of busting a Cromartie he got right in front of ap. I applaud Peterson for at least trying to get in ap ways. Not many if any cb in this league can take ap head to head.

Did you see what beanie did to griffin??? Cb<RB any day.
    Last edited by robertzero; 10-10-2011 at 12:04 PM.

oh how hypocritical. when Peterson was not starting in the preseason the whole forum was in an uproar as to why isnt coach starting him! what an idiot! omg why is he 3rd string?!

now Peterson is starting when it really matters and the same people are crying , omg peterson is a rookie! he isnt ready! why is he starting?! he is soft!

oh the hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Draktor View Post
    PP21 was the best pick in last seasons draft, the guy is going to be the next charles woodson
    Please relax. The best pick? Cam Newton has been great. Von Miller has 5 sacks. Marcell Dareus is an absolute monster. AJ Green is the real deal catching passes from another rookie, Andy Dalton, who has looked very good. Hell, Ryan Kerrigan, rookie OLB on the Redskins has as many picks as Peterson.