Thread: Bud Light Game Zone? Red Zone Tailgate? Any of these worth it?

Any thoughts on these pre-game/game options? I'm not even sure what they are. Just trying to make the most out of my Arizona experience a little more than a week from now.

Thanks for any info.

Anybody?
    GO CARDINALS (and go hokies)

I am surprised no one is responding. It might be that no one has gone to the Red Zone tailgate. I think that is for people who want to watch all the other games going on tv. I may be dumb but I don't know what the Bud light thing is. Maybe it is in Westgate.
    I think you would have a great time on the Great Lawn, checking out the tailgating. (If you like tailgating) And it is free (except you have to pay for parking someplace). Sorry not to be any more help.

Quote Originally Posted by brats and beer View Post
    I am surprised no one is responding. It might be that no one has gone to the Red Zone tailgate. I think that is for people who want to watch all the other games going on tv. I may be dumb but I don't know what the Bud light thing is. Maybe it is in Westgate.
    I think you would have a great time on the Great Lawn, checking out the tailgating. (If you like tailgating) And it is free (except you have to pay for parking someplace). Sorry not to be any more help.
    Thanks for the feedback, though. I couldn't care less about the other games going on, so you told me enough to convince me not to check that out.
    GO CARDINALS (and go hokies)

the next time i go to the "red zone tailgate" will be my 6th time. sorry i am late on this, but i figure maybe i can add my input in case someone might consider attending this for the remaining 4 (inconsequential) home games.

cost = $30. oddly enough, for the first 3 games it cost $10 with food and beverage available for purchase. now it appears theyll now let you in on a buffet spread for a higher cost. when i went before the steelers game for $10, it was so awful - i wanted to turn around and leave. (but couldnt bc once youre in UOPS, you cannot exit re-enter UOPS) but we found a way to enjoy ourselves and make the best of the worst.

autographs = could be a possibility. players park in the south lot and walk into the locker room in that south concourse, i'm sure many are familiar with the configuration. and many on this board been successful to receive a sig on gameday.

cheerleaders = a group of 4 show up to interact, take pix and sign autographs. (yes indeed, they can count as celebrities) i'm a total sucker so i always say hello.

food = its going to be a buffet of above avg food better than concessions, so obviously whoever is going will probably hurt themselves with proportion distortion

photo opps = theres that headless mannequin and a bunch of party favors

early games = yes youll get to see all the early games on TV. when i have suggested the redzone tailgate to friends, they dont understand why this could be fun but are always OK with the ability to see early games.

doors open = 3h 15m before kickoff, it used to be just 3h

disadvantages:
    * once youre in the building, you cannot go back outside to party w the fun crowd.
    * environment is sterile and confined
    * those who have done this know that ALL THE FUN is between when the doors open and 2h before kickoff. this means its quite a time investment.