Thread: Trade Fitz

Default Trade Fitz

for both the rams 1st rounders.

Clear up cap space.

Draft

Cards 1st- Fisher
    Rams 1st- Warmack
    Rams 1st- Tavon Auston
    Cards 2nd- Matt Barkley ( many mocks have him on the board)
    Cards 3rd- Honey Badger

If we could trade fitz for 2 first rounders we could have 4 players in the 1st 2 rounds that could start for us the next 4 years. Then use his cap relief to pick up a tackle and MLB. Imagine the cardinals signing Jake Long with this draft.

Oline

RT-Fisher
    RG-Warmack
    C-Cendlein
    LG-Brown
    LT-Long
    WR- Austin,Floyd,Roberts
    QB- Barkley

I would take that any day of the week! IDC who the RB is that oline is beast! and we still have good WR

I don't even know where to start with this one.

....sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCageLeader View Post
    for both the rams 1st rounders.

Clear up cap space.

Draft

Cards 1st- Fisher
    Rams 1st- Warmack
    Rams 1st- Tavon Auston
    Cards 2nd- Matt Barkley ( many mocks have him on the board)
    Cards 3rd- Honey Badger

If we could trade fitz for 2 first rounders we could have 4 players in the 1st 2 rounds that could start for us the next 4 years. Then use his cap relief to pick up a tackle and MLB. Imagine the cardinals signing Jake Long with this draft.

Oline

RT-Fisher
    RG-Warmack
    C-Cendlein
    LG-Brown
    LT-Long
    WR- Austin,Floyd,Roberts
    QB- Barkley

I would take that any day of the week! IDC who the RB is that oline is beast! and we still have good WR
    Don't know that we would get two 1st rounders but I would be for Geno at #7 and Cooper in the first round. Trading Fitz BEFORE the option bonus creates some cap space to allow for getting Branden Albert as a FA. You then have an OL of:

Albert - Colledge - Cooper - Levi B - Massie with Geno Smith as your future franchise QB ...

Other pick(s) you'd receive would still allow you to get RB (Michael - Taylor - Gillislie - Franklin in Rds # 3 or #4 and a speed receiver (Bryce - Stills).
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 03-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Fitz is the face of the franchise, great team player, and someone all Card fans admire and respect. He's also 30years old. No way any team (you suggest the Rams) give up not just one but two first round draft picks for someone on the wrong side of 30.

At best, you're looking at a Boldin-to-Ravens type trade whereby the Cards got a 3rd and 4th with Boldin and a 5th going to the Ravens. Boldin was way cheaper (in contrast) to Fitz's huge contract.

Teams are aware of the Card's problems with the offense and will barter accordingly---right now Fitz is a very expensive hubcap on a rusted out truck.

I think you'd get a pile more for Fitz than Boldin. He's not on the wrong side of 30 yet. He's a guaranteed Hall of Famer in his prime. Just needs a surefire QB, and his QB will light it up. I can see some team with a great QB and crappy receivers, like New England or Green Bay or New Orleans offering a big time amount. Just think about dumping our best player though. Not a pretty sight. It would have to be a landmark deal, and not a lot of teams would pay the trade price just to buy the contract price.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Not again

SMH, really...i mean REALLY!
    Stand together or fall apart

Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Not again
    Anyone who wants to trade Fitz should be hung up by his/her big toes.I want to win. I also want to win with Larry Fitzgerald still on our team.
    CP3 All the way to the SB.

You be lucky to get a 2nd for fitz with his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac247 View Post
    I don't even know where to start with this one.

....sigh.
    Hahaha, I had this exact same thought.
    Last edited by Nathan; 03-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.