Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Trade Fitz

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Disagree. He wants super bowls and is concerned about his legacy. He could have easily went somewhere else where they have legit QB's to get a super bowl or better numbers. Its because of his loyalty to AZ and fan base that he has stayed and has very little to do with the money. He could of got "PAID" almost anywhere.
    Nope. He stayed in AZ for the $$$. We provided the best opportunity to make the most $$$.



    This is a good example of what im talking about. Some fans get so emotional and symbolic. You dont like to think this is a cold business. But thats the truth. Ive never worn rose colored glasses.

    Sports is a business. Its how athletes provide for their families. They are under no obligation what-so-ever to give home town discounts or be loyal and take less $$$. Some athletes hate their sport, but do it because they have the talent.

    I have no problem with any of that.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Nope. He stayed in AZ for the $$$. We provided the best opportunity to make the most $$$.



    This is a good example of what im talking about. Some fans get so emotional and symbolic. You dont like to think this is a cold business. But thats the truth. Ive never worn rose colored glasses.

    Sports is a business. Its how athletes provide for their families. They are under no obligation what-so-ever to give home town discounts or be loyal and take less $$$. Some athletes hate their sport, but do it because they have the talent.

    I have no problem with any of that.
    Like I said I disagree. It is a business but just like every job and and every person other things weigh in. His family is situated here, the weather is great and not to mention he is the premier athlete in AZ, he wont get that anywhere else OUTSIDE OF THE MONEY. So I disagree with your statement that he just stayed because of the money. You have no idea what other things factored into it. He got paid by us the most because he is more to the cardinals than just football and they have to be careful to not disrespect him with an offer. But we can agree to disagree.
    Last edited by OG Card; 06-09-2017 at 02:53 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,490

    Default

    Just a reminder, people were ready to trade a Hall of Famer and face of the franchise for this projected offense

    Oline
    RT-Fisher
    RG-Warmack
    C-Cendlein
    LG-Brown
    LT-Long
    WR- Austin,Floyd,Roberts
    QB- Barkley


    All of the ingredients of being the Cleveland Browns and never even having that NFC championship season. Can't believe people actually co-signed this at the time, funny thing is we won 10 games the next year
    Last edited by ~Main Event~; 06-09-2017 at 04:31 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Just a reminder, people were ready to trade a Hall of Famer and face of the franchise for this projected offense

    Oline
    RT-Fisher
    RG-Warmack
    C-Cendlein
    LG-Brown
    LT-Long
    WR- Austin,Floyd,Roberts
    QB- Barkley


    All of the ingredients of being the Cleveland Browns and never even having that NFC championship season. Can't believe people actually co-signed this at the time, funny thing is we won 10 games the next year
    Hindsight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkSrF1HFY0


    All of those guys couldve been all-stars just as easily as all-busts.
    Last edited by Zaz; 06-12-2017 at 10:39 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,597

    Default



    JosEPh

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Hindsight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkSrF1HFY0


    All of those guys couldve been all-stars just as easily as all-busts.
    Might wanna re-read the thread, I said years ago the idea of trading him for that thing OP called a promising team is dumb.

    And no they couldn't be all stars seeing as they're years into their careers they aren't all stars including stints with other teams, hell the best player on that list is retired now. That team is the Cleveland Browns

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Saw this thread and thought" yep, here we go again" then saw the date of the OP.
    Amazing.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Saw this thread and thought" yep, here we go again" then saw the date of the OP.
    Amazing.
    Kind of makes you glad that fans don't have any say in football personnel decisions. I would wager that while teams are correct on personnel about half the time, fans are correct about 25% of the time. This is the reason there are professional evaluators who evaluate characteristics and potential as an NFL player. Fans tend to look at college performance and seem to think that directly translates to NFL talent; it does not.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    For all you Fitz doubters or haters your going to get your wish sounds like this will be his last season.

    Won't tell you how I know except I have a reliable source who has let's just say has run in Larrys circle a few times. I hope isn't true but he is considering it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •