Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Fitz

Please review: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-c...ry-fitzgerald/

and read: http://prod.www.nfl.com/news/story/0...-for-cardinals

to see why trading Larry clears up 0 cap space this year and why, if we wanted to trade him, next year would make more sense from a cap perspective.

Any trade for Fitz that involves choosing Matt Barkley, I mean please. The new coaches need the receivers Floyd and Fitz as two of their studs. Their passing game would struggle in the talent department if they loose them. I don't see that happening. Especially with an interdivision opponent like the Rams.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCageLeader View Post
    for both the rams 1st rounders.

Clear up cap space.

Draft

Cards 1st- Fisher
    Rams 1st- Warmack
    Rams 1st- Tavon Auston
    Cards 2nd- Matt Barkley ( many mocks have him on the board)
    Cards 3rd- Honey Badger

If we could trade fitz for 2 first rounders we could have 4 players in the 1st 2 rounds that could start for us the next 4 years. Then use his cap relief to pick up a tackle and MLB. Imagine the cardinals signing Jake Long with this draft.

Oline

RT-Fisher
    RG-Warmack
    C-Cendlein
    LG-Brown
    LT-Long
    WR- Austin,Floyd,Roberts
    QB- Barkley

I would take that any day of the week! IDC who the RB is that oline is beast! and we still have good WR
    Another thinking with fantasy football mentality.

"Cocaine is a dangerous drug" Rick james
    I don't care where you're from. You live here now!!! Act like it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac247 View Post
    I don't even know where to start with this one.

....sigh.
    100% accurate!

Dear Fantasy Football Manager:

Fitz in the real world without a Contract restructure and some picks that go with him is not worth 2 first rounders in the NFL.

Even teams that need WR desperately will give you much more than 1 late first rounder for Larry. For get 2 for him you need to send with him probably a 2nd and 3th rounder. If money and Cap wouldn't be a problem.

The time to have traded Fitz would have been before his new contract was signed, not after. He's ours, for better or worse. He's expensive, but how often to you get to have an all time star on your team? I'm all for trading assets when they are overvalued, but no one will pay to take him off our hands at this point. So work around his contract this year, and don't renegotiate. If we did, we'll just lose him next year and still have to pay through the nose for him for years afterward.
    Last edited by AZCrazy; 03-03-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by CJAZ View Post
    "Cocaine is a dangerous drug" Rick james
    Cocaine doesn't cause hallucinations or delusional thoughts.
    No more Snyder.

Why the personal attacks vs BirdCageleader? This poster proposed a trade based on the Rams needing a #1 WR for Bradford and suggested Fitz for their two #1's. I looked at that proposal and didn't think the Rams would make it---but I didn't bash the poster for the idea. He is only doing what we all are doing---playing GM with our favorite team.

A week ago would anyone have guessed that any team would surrender a #2 and a conditional high pick next year for the 49ers Smith? Especially since it looked as if he was going to be released to clear his salary? Crazy trades do happen even if rare (Ditka and the Saints trading their ENTIRE draft class PLUS a #1 and #3 the next year for Ricky Williams, Herschel Walker trade from Dallas to Minnesota, eight players from the LA Rams to the Chicago Cardinals for Ollie Matson, Falcons acquired the No. 6 overall pick from Cleveland to draft Julio Jones for a package of five draft picks, including
    Atlanta's No. 27 overall pick in the first round this year and the team's first-round pick in 2012.)

Who knows what is coming next from teams looking for relevance and a missing piece of the puzzle---think Jerry Jones desperate to make a splash before the national media and pulling something (maybe he'd trade us Romo for Fitz and then move up in the draft and pick Geno for his new QB to compete with RGIII?) Now there's a trade to bash someone over for posting. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Why the personal attacks vs BirdCageleader? This poster proposed a trade based on the Rams needing a #1 WR for Bradford and suggested Fitz for their two #1's. I looked at that proposal and didn't think the Rams would make it---but I didn't bash the poster for the idea. He is only doing what we all are doing---playing GM with our favorite team.

A week ago would anyone have guessed that any team would surrender a #2 and a conditional high pick next year for the 49ers Smith? Especially since it looked as if he was going to be released to clear his salary? Crazy trades do happen even if rare (Ditka and the Saints trading their ENTIRE draft class PLUS a #1 and #3 the next year for Ricky Williams, Herschel Walker trade from Dallas to Minnesota, eight players from the LA Rams to the Chicago Cardinals for Ollie Matson, Falcons acquired the No. 6 overall pick from Cleveland to draft Julio Jones for a package of five draft picks, including
    Atlanta's No. 27 overall pick in the first round this year and the team's first-round pick in 2012.)

Who knows what is coming next from teams looking for relevance and a missing piece of the puzzle---think Jerry Jones desperate to make a splash before the national media and pulling something (maybe he'd trade us Romo for Fitz and then move up in the draft and pick Geno for his new QB to compete with RGIII?) Now there's a trade to bash someone over for posting. LOL.
    Not just a #2....but the #34 pick in the entire draft. The 49ers now have the ammo to stay put and get 2 REALLY solid players...or move up into the middle of round 1 and grab a stud.

Any talk of trading Fitz would require a restructure. I don't think its very liekly...but IF he restructed to a more cap friendly contract to go to another team...there would be at least 7-8 teams calling and making us offers. The Rams might very well give us both 1sts....at the very least a 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 5th. Problem is we then have to watch Fitz destroy us for the next 4-5 years.

Other teams like Minny, Miami, GB, New Orleans, Carolina....and probably others...would all offer us packages of a 1st + more picks. I could see an offer from a team like GB or New Orleans for a 1st, 3rd, and 1st next year assuming they could make Fitz fit into their cap.

Trading Fitz is not an easy pill to swallow. He is a GREAT player...but we are so far away from one great player making a difference (MAYBE a QB)...that his role here is diminishing quickly. If we don't trade him...he will continue to produce here. He will get close to 1,000 yards a year...and we will pay him 15 million to do so. When he finally decides to go chase a ring, we will be forced to trade the then ~34 year old Fitz for peanuts.

Sorry to say it...but heading into a rebuilding process...WHICH WE ARE...and trying to rebuild an offense where 8/11 players need to be replaced...and making the centerpiece a 30 year old WR is foolhardy.

I am 110 % against trading Fitz . He should retire a Cardinal as he is one of the best wideouts to ever take the field it will be 50 yrs before u see another guy like him ( especially without the drama queen mentality ).
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.