Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Fitzgerald Status?

Default Larry Fitzgerald Status?

Any word on Larry's status for this weeks game?

doubtful

He pulled himself from the game due to his hammy.

It can't be good. Expect him out the next 2 weeks.
    Owner

B.A. said that the injury wasnt worse then it was prior to the Detroit game but it hasnt gotten any better...He also said that Larry most likely wont practice until Friday..

My take is if he practices Friday he will probably play .

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    B.A. said that the injury wasnt worse then it was prior to the Detroit game but it hasnt gotten any better...He also said that Larry most likely wont practice until Friday..

My take is if he practices Friday he will probably play .
    Hope you are correct. The problem is that I never believe coaches when it come to injuries. What else is he going to say? He needs the Saints defense to plan for Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Hope you are correct. The problem is that I never believe coaches when it come to injuries. What else is he going to say? He needs the Saints defense to plan for Larry.
    You're absolutely correct, just Arains response sounded pretty honest.. Here's the quote copied and pasted..

"Fitz's hamstring is no worse than it was but it's not any better, either, " Arians said. "He'll be day-to-day this week and don't know what until we get out there Wednesday.

"I doubt he'll work much until hopefully Friday."

I love the optimism. Reality is I was at the game and saw that Larry's hammy is in bad shape. He can't push off without pain and the speed is gone.

There is NO WAY he's playing...and if he does it won't be for more than 1 series.

He's better off with the rest.

I'd love to have him play...but not at the risk of pulling it more.

Expect him as a non suit Sunday.
    Owner

Hammstring has nothing to do with your push off, its while you run when the pain comes.
    2009 Pickem Champ

It became clear to me that Fitz was having problems with his hamstring in the pass where Palmer led him too much and Larry could not get to the ball. If Fitz would have been healthy, he would have made the catch followed by a big gain. He just didn't have the burst of speed that allowed him to go after the ball. He left the game shortly after that play.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    It became clear to me that Fitz was having problems with his hamstring in the pass where Palmer led him too much and Larry could not get to the ball. If Fitz would have been healthy, he would have made the catch followed by a big gain. He just didn't have the burst of speed that allowed him to go after the ball. He left the game shortly after that play.
    I saw that and thought exactly the same thing. That he needed to sit. CP threw a ball that Larry catches easily for a big.... big gain if he was healthy. Knew then that it was going to be hard sledding.
    "When a player shows you who he is.. Believe him" BILL PARCELLS

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Bingo
    I was there and thought the same thing. I notesd CP avoided Larry after seeing his loss of speed.
    Gotta get Larry healthy. Let him sit this one.
    Owner