Thread: Superbowl in Phoenix, 2015

Default Superbowl in Phoenix, 2015

Hi, I'm a new member here from England, and have a few questions for US Cards fans.

First off, how far in advance do Superbowl tickets come out? I might be in Arizona when Phoenix hosts the Superbowl, and I will be in the US next February. How far in advance would I need to get tickets?

Next, will there be Superbowl parties in February next year, even if the Cards don't make it? I've always wanted to be in America during the 'bowl. Watching the game until 6am with work at 7am is, while beautifully entertaining, most inconvinient. Also, nearly not enough people understand the game here. Currently, the game is surpassed by the superb amount of fashion that the logos and names create. Everyone who has the Bears on their sweatshirts swears down that they're a baseball team, same with the Giants.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

In Denmark lots of people wear Raiders and Redskins caps/shirts, thinking it's a brand, not a sports team.
    [Insert upcomming NFC West champions picture]

Quote Originally Posted by English Lion View Post
    Hi, I'm a new member here from England, and have a few questions for US Cards fans.

First off, how far in advance do Superbowl tickets come out? I might be in Arizona when Phoenix hosts the Superbowl, and I will be in the US next February. How far in advance would I need to get tickets?

Next, will there be Superbowl parties in February next year, even if the Cards don't make it? I've always wanted to be in America during the 'bowl. Watching the game until 6am with work at 7am is, while beautifully entertaining, most inconvinient. Also, nearly not enough people understand the game here. Currently, the game is surpassed by the superb amount of fashion that the logos and names create. Everyone who has the Bears on their sweatshirts swears down that they're a baseball team, same with the Giants.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
    Howdy!

Superbowl tickets, by and large, are hard to get and very expensive. I have to imagine it is possible to buy 'just' tickets but, the only way I've seen to actually get them is to buy a 'package' that includes hotel, event passes etc.

Season ticket holders do get a lottery shot at being able to purchase superbowl tickets but, the odds are laughable. Generally speaking, about 500 tickets are made available to season ticket holders of the hosting facility, and then the chances of being picked are modified by seniority as a holder, etc.

I don't even recall seeing that many/any posts by season ticket holders saying they were selected in the STH lottery to be "allowed" to buy tickets the last time the superbowl was held here.

The entire week leading up to the Super Bowl there will be events across the valley. Here is a link to the AZ Superbowl website, you can get signed up for updates etc. The event being still more than a year away, there isn't much info to be had. I expect there won't be much info until after the Superbowl in 2014, as I'm sure the NFL isn't going to let the next superbowl cut into profits of the current one by advertising the next one early.

Best advice I can give you is, if you are definitely going to come out for the game go ahead and decide how many days you'll come out for, book your air and hotel as far in advance as you can, then sit back and watch announcements for events you might want to go to and save up your pounds. You'll need them.

And, just as a random plug - if you're coming out for a number of days, be sure to plan some time see Arizona itself. There's more here than the superbowl, and there's a reason the superbowl has selected Arizona three times .
    Last edited by DesertDave; 11-16-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Your tears...they are delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDave View Post
    Howdy!

Superbowl tickets, by and large, are hard to get and very expensive. I have to imagine it is possible to buy 'just' tickets but, the only way I've seen to actually get them is to buy a 'package' that includes hotel, event passes etc.

Season ticket holders do get a lottery shot at being able to purchase superbowl tickets but, the odds are laughable. Generally speaking, about 500 tickets are made available to season ticket holders of the hosting facility, and then the chances of being picked are modified by seniority as a holder, etc.

I don't even recall seeing that many/any posts by season ticket holders saying they were selected in the STH lottery to be "allowed" to buy tickets the last time the superbowl was held here.

The entire week leading up to the Super Bowl there will be events across the valley. Here is a link to the AZ Superbowl website, you can get signed up for updates etc. The event being still more than a year away, there isn't much info to be had. I expect there won't be much info until after the Superbowl in 2014, as I'm sure the NFL isn't going to let the next superbowl cut into profits of the current one by advertising the next one early.

Best advice I can give you is, if you are definitely going to come out for the game go ahead and decide how many days you'll come out for, book your air and hotel as far in advance as you can, then sit back and watch announcements for events you might want to go to and save up your pounds. You'll need them.

And, just as a random plug - if you're coming out for a number of days, be sure to plan some time see Arizona itself. There's more here than the superbowl, and there's a reason the superbowl has selected Arizona three times .
    I have family and friends out in Arizona, and have been there previously - of all the places globally I've been it is definitely in my top 2. I'll probably just end up going tailgating (no doubt doing it "wrong") and then going out drinking like a English Hooligan, as Superbowl day is also my birthday - one butt kicking party that I won't remember - but if a ticket is going to cost me thousands of dollars then I guess a huge TV isn't exactly a bad thing.

Thanks for the advice!

You're quite welcome.

You could also browse sites like stubhub, etc to see what tickets are going for. It will be a minimum of several hundred just to get in the door, no matter what.
    Your tears...they are delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by English Lion View Post
    I have family and friends out in Arizona, and have been there previously - of all the places globally I've been it is definitely in my top 2. I'll probably just end up going tailgating (no doubt doing it "wrong") and then going out drinking like a English Hooligan, as Superbowl day is also my birthday - one butt kicking party that I won't remember - but if a ticket is going to cost me thousands of dollars then I guess a huge TV isn't exactly a bad thing.

Thanks for the advice!
    If I remember correctly you can't "tailgate" like at a normal game. There are organized tailgate parties but it is very controlled, add money to the mix and it messes everything up. Have fun and enjoy the experience no matter how you approach it.

I would put money on the fact that EVERY bar/club in the Phoenix area will be holding Superbowl Parties and have "tailgate" type events. Shouldn't be too difficult to find something that works. I'm also sure there will be loads of opportunities to get partied out by the time of kickoff as there will be events for days before the game. Be sure to bring your favorite hangover cure

Scottsdale will be hosting the more premier super bowl parties, and they will be pricey. Be prepared to drop probably at least 1000 dollars us for just 1 ticket.
    2009 Pickem Champ

The last super bowl here the parties were a huge ripoff. Just money making opps. for companies. They would advertise a celebrity who would make a one minute appearance and charge an arm and a leg.

I would rather have reasonable prices for parties without the stupid celebrity. Party with the people!!
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDave View Post
    You're quite welcome.

You could also browse sites like stubhub, etc to see what tickets are going for. It will be a minimum of several hundred just to get in the door, no matter what.
    I would say several THOUSAND not several HUNDRED!
    I may not be the Mayor of Glendale, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!