Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How the Cardinals make the playoffs at 10-6

You never know, the Pantrhers could lose both Saints gamez and blow one against ATL or the Jets. I bet ATL might like to play spouiler. Then 10-6 does get us in without worrying about the Niners
    Kaepernick has VD

Either way I'd be happy with the Cardinals going 10-6.. When was the last time that happened?

It would be amazing to have that final game mean something in the playoff picture.

That being said the Cardinals are currently in the playoff picture. Sure beats last year.
    season ticket holder

my dream would be to have AZ and philly as the 5 & 6th seeds....not at all likely i know..but possible.....would love spanking their little rears properly
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 12-04-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    The Big A era begins

How can the Cards do it? One game at a time...I suppose it begins and ends with Palmer getting time to throw, but STL knows how to get after him. Plus we need a healthy Ellington or you can forget the chunk runs, they will shadow Mendenhall and tackle him early and often without a change of pace.
    Not supposed to fit in...

Quote Originally Posted by kjbad View Post
    How can the Cards do it? One game at a time...I suppose it begins and ends with Palmer getting time to throw, but STL knows how to get after him. Plus we need a healthy Ellington or you can forget the chunk runs, they will shadow Mendenhall and tackle him early and often without a change of pace.
    Hit the nail on the head.. If Palmer gets time from the o-line the Cardinals are scary, Palmer needs time though because right now Floyd is looking like an All Pro WR..

What i really hope is we make the playoffs at 10-6 or 11-5 and face the eagles in the playoffs in philadelphia and destroy them for revenge!

I said it another thread, but I'll say it again... I think our playoff hopes revolve around the Seattle game. If the cardinals can get back on track with a win at home against St. Louis this weekend, coupled with a 9ers loss, I think we can go in and beat Tennessee away the following weekend. That puts us at 9-5 going into Seattle. If we can somehow SOMEHOW win that game, I think we will give everything we got to San Fran the following week, at home, and knowing what the implications are. Then again, we can afford to lose to Seattle if, and only if, the Panthers lose this weekend down in New Orleans, the Saints also clip them the last game of the season, and the falcons play spoiler role and beat them at home in ATL. As well as depending on how Philly finishes (I see them losing at least 2 more). Both scenarios O would say are long shots, but definitely in the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by LSUCard; 12-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    Either way I'd be happy with the Cardinals going 10-6.. When was the last time that happened?
    Kaepernick has VD

Quote Originally Posted by xInSoMniAk View Post
    Lol. These threads are just a brutal reminder on how Card fans made these fantasy/miracle always post these. I wish these forums kept a database of all the threads made in the month of December for the last few years.

A lot of the scenarios are doable. It is also possible to run the table. A couple plays go the other way and we beat Seattle at home. But heck we should just tell Seattle we don't want to go up there and play against them because we have no chance at all. Maybe we should just send Pete Carroll a nice Christmas Card and tell him that we're not coming for Christmas.

That said, if we don't beat the Rams this Sunday, our season will officially be over.
    Last edited by getn_jiggy; 12-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.