Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Cardinal SB all Warner! (According to Lienart)

One could make the argument that the tough decision to entrust the offense to the "washed up old vet QB" over the shiny new 1st round steal, golden boy, sure thing QBOF got us to the Super Bowl, and that tough decision was all Whis.

I heard the same thing on sports radio talk shows here in Phoenix years ago I figured they were just conspiracy theories. I remember hearing how just about every call Wiz gave Warner was changed at the line or ignored by Warner.
    Last edited by Phil Beavers; 01-15-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    One could make the argument that the tough decision to entrust the offense to the "washed up old vet QB" over the shiny new 1st round steal, golden boy, sure thing QBOF got us to the Super Bowl, and that tough decision was all Whis.
    My memory might be a little off but, didn't Leinart get a broken collar bone which put Warner in?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOwhy View Post
    My memory might be a little off but, didn't Leinart get a broken collar bone which put Warner in?
    Yes he broke it during the rams game in 07, which brought in kurt for the remainder and he kinda lit it up for the last half of the season, which made kenny start one of his ol qb competitions for the 08 season. We all know the story from there.
    2009 Pickem Champ

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    Yes he broke it during the rams game in 07, which brought in kurt for the remainder and he kinda lit it up for the last half of the season, which made kenny start one of his ol qb competitions for the 08 season. We all know the story from there.
    We sure do. Whiz wasn't that bad of a coach but that showed he really didn't know what he was doing as far as the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOwhy View Post
    We sure do. Whiz wasn't that bad of a coach but that showed he really didn't know what he was doing as far as the QB position.
    He was too stubborn.. Mike Miller should have been demoted and Wiz should have called the plays but he didnt he stuck with Miller like he did Russ Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    He was too stubborn.. Mike Miller should have been demoted and Wiz should have called the plays but he didnt he stuck with Miller like he did Russ Grimm
    When he had the chance to hire Bruce Arians as his offensive coordinator he decided against it so he could stick with Mike Miller. Had he hired Bruce then he may still be the head coach of the Cardinals now

The nostalgia of people still misspelling Leinart's name in this thread is classic.
    Last edited by Kaojin; 01-15-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Again who is this Matt guy that people keep bring up recently. Is he is football player? If so did he have ANY success in the league? Did he do anything worthy in the NFL? I tried looking up this guy but all I found was some frat pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    Again who is this Matt guy that people keep bring up recently. Is he is football player? If so did he have ANY success in the league? Did he do anything worthy in the NFL? I tried looking up this guy but all I found was some frat pictures.
    He was cut from the Cardinals a couple months before you became a Cardinal Fan... Haha. Just messing with ya