Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Cardinal Ever! Larry 'Wildcat' Wilson

Oddly enough, Larry Wilson were both born in America and are less than a year apart in age. Larry Wilson was considered a mystery meat at one point in time, not being drafted until the 7th round, but ended up being a staple in the Cardinal's defense, despite his relatively low cost. Both have had many honors, Larry was inducted to the HOF in his first year of eligibility, and even the 75th Anniversary NFL All Time team in 1994. SPAM, went on to have a very successful career as well. You can go to the SPAM Museum in Austin, Minnesota, or jam out at the Sapamarama in Austin Texas each year. Both were warriors, well, Wilson was a warrior and SPAM fed a lot of warriors.

Default ****!

And I do see the error of my ways (repeating the thread here). Please forgive a newbie for being over-zealous about his lifelong sports hero. I just put so much into my write-up (based out of passion on the subject), and was spreading the word to Cardinals fans who I thought might be interested (even if they didn't frequent the history forum). My apologies. I would remove this tread from this forum if I could find how to do that - but I don't see a way - if there is, please enlighten me.

Default Geez it blanked out the acronym for Laugh My *** Off in my title?

Once again my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedBilly View Post
    And I do see the error of my ways (repeating the thread here). Please forgive a newbie for being over-zealous about his lifelong sports hero. I just put so much into my write-up (based out of passion on the subject), and was spreading the word to Cardinals fans who I thought might be interested (even if they didn't frequent the history forum). My apologies. I would remove this tread from this forum if I could find how to do that - but I don't see a way - if there is, please enlighten me.
    No man, that last post was my way of an apology. This is sincere, akuna matada, my bad. My sense of humor comes off funny online at times. Wilson was a great player for the Cards, no doubt.

I'll start over amigo, welcome. This place has been a little nuts during the off season, a lot of anticipation going into this year's season, and this year's Draft. I can be a b-utt head at times, folks in this place b-utt heads a lot though. And again, welcome to a great fan site.

Once again my apologies.
    The filters around here are pretty hard-core, I think a lot of the young fan base reads here. I'm still getting used to it.

Default Thank you very much

I may be a newbie here but not when it comes to the Cardinals. And I get a bit overzealous at times about my hero. I so wish today's fans could have seen him play and to me doing write-up on him was my way of trying to fill that void (and a fun exercise at trying to be a writer). He was truly 'da man!'.

And since it is true this thread being in this forum was probably ill-advised, is there a way to remove a thread one has started?

Default Any Cardinals fan is a friend of mine

I've yet to find an exception - and I think we all are suffering from the push-back of the draft - I know I am.

I may be a newbie here but not when it comes to the Cardinals. And I get a bit overzealous at times about my hero. I so wish today's fans could have seen him play and to me doing write-up on him was my way of trying to fill that void (and a fun exercise at trying to be a writer). He was truly 'da man!'.

And since it is true this thread being in this forum was probably ill-advised, is there a way to remove a thread one has started?
    Just mention Fitz's contract issues compared to Wilson's back in the day and the thread will be official, and then we can talk Wilson in here. Little local knowledge for you there homie.

So, Billy, tell us about Larry Wilson. I've been a Cards fan since the move to AZ and never saw him play at all.
    Watching much more carefully since 2000 or so, I've seen a lot of talent come through, but never at the same time and certainly
    never in combination with great ownership and coaching concurrently. Only now is it all coming together.

Is he Tim McDonald, Aeneas Williams, and Patrick Peterson all rolled into one? He'd have to be.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Default Rather than re-invent the wheel ...

... just click on the link (geez, that does sound like spam huh?) lol

Otherwise consider what NFL Films said of him: "None Tougher" and "Pro Footballs's Best Free Safety".

The other cool thing was how easy it was to spot the number '8', and how it always seemed to be closing in to make a play (sack, interception, tackle for loss, ...).