Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Cardinal Ever! Larry 'Wildcat' Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedBilly View Post
    ... just click on the link (geez, that does sound like spam huh?) lol

Otherwise consider what NFL Films said of him: "None Tougher" and "Pro Footballs's Best Free Safety".

The other cool thing was how easy it was to spot the number '8', and how it always seemed to be closing in to make a play (sack, interception, tackle for loss, ...).
    We don't just click on stuff here, you gotta pull us in, establish a credit card, and than link away. I think the only link stuff you can post right now would probably be BBQ advice. Hot links have made it along way in the valley, the braughts scared me for a while with their minimal tase, but the hood decided what was good and we went with it. The hot link has one of those baller credit cards here.

The braught worst is the worst meat at a BBQ, as long as the dawgs are all beef.

I think Larry Wilson made like 15 grand one year, and I think Larry Fitzgerald is due 15 bazillion next year. They were at least equal in value to their team, but the game has changed so much it can't be....

Now we can keep it in this forum.

Default Much obliged

And never in my lifetime (62) has there ever been such a buzz in the off-season as this year. And after 50 years of being a Cardinals fan (and all I have endured), I want a championship! And I want it now! At home even!

And never in my lifetime (62) has there ever been such a buzz in the off-season as this year. And after 50 years of being a Cardinals fan (and all I have endured), I want a championship! And I want it now! At home even!
    You still haven't told us if Larry Wilson was a vegetarian or not, color me highly unimpressed.

Default lol

A comedian eh?

But you're right, I need to get right on that.

Nice smileys here btw.

A comedian eh?

But you're right, I need to get right on that.

Nice smileys here btw.
    I'm 39, but I'm on the same ship. If you can hang props to you.

Quote Originally Posted by desert dawg View Post
    The braught worst is the worst meat at a BBQ, as long as the dawgs are all beef.
    If you mean bratwurst then I disagree. A good brat beats the best hot dog every time. Regarding hot dogs the all beef is the best.

Wink

Best player would certainly have Larry Wilson in the mix but so should Jim Hart, Jackie Smith, Roger Wherli, Aeneus Williams and Dan Dierdorf to name a few.

Default Larry Wilson

Count me in on 'Long-time Cardinal fan' status. Yes,I attended many games watching Larry Wilson play throughout his career. Whenever a professional player,regardless of the sport,performs in an unique way to such a high level of effectiveness that it changes the way the game is played they belong up in the top 5% of all-time greats. When Coach Chuck Drulis hand-picked No.8 to be the playmaker in his radical defensive scheme the door to the HOF began to open for Larry Wilson.
    Larry Wilson was class personified on and off the field and set a standard for following Cardinal players that cannot be exceeded only matched. There have been and currently are worthy candidates,such as Roger Wehrli and Larry Fitzgerald. A player like Roger,No.22.,became a professional playing in Larry's shadow and another HOF'er was hatched. Now that's quite an influence! A more current example would be Adrian Wilson with Aeneas Williams as his guide. Could he eventually be a HOF'er,too? I wouldn't be surprised!
    It's like my old Marine Corps days when back "in country." You never know where and when the leadership will come from,but it always does,sometimes in a surprising way. Never count out the 'runt grunt' just step aside and follow...