Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The difference over the years

Default The difference over the years

First off, I am not a long time fan. I'm from Pittsburgh so I grew up around Steeler fans (the worst) but I was never really into football until 07. I was 15 when the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl in 08. I hopped on the bandwagon I'll be the first to admit it. I have since stuck with the team and I have a **** passion for it now. I LOVE the cardinals and I'll stick with them for the rest of my life. Even got to come out to Arizona for my first game against the colts (perfect game to go to) and I'm coming back out there for the Detroit game.

Anyway, from 08 til now I have noticed so much change. In 08 we were an offensive team rallying behind Warner, not Whisenhunt. If we had the defense we of now in that Super Bowl we would have blown the steelers out EASY. That's the first differance. It is so refreshing to see a team play for a coach. Remember the last year Whisenhunt was here at that Seattle game? The team gave up on Whiz. I feel like we are headed in a direction that could keep us competitive constantly. Kind of like Pitt. You notice that no matter what they are always competitive in the division? Not a fan of them at all but it is true. I feel like that is the direction we are headed in. Which brings me to the second differance. Whisenhunt had us competitive for 2-3 years. I think Arians can keep us there. This would be so refreshing.. I know I haven't been a fan for long so I don't understand what you guys have been through, but just seeing the Derek Anderson! Max Hall, kevin Kolb thing for a few years was enough for me..

Another thing I like is how we are finding quality players in later rounds. Andre ellington , tony jefferson (he will be very quality depth at the very least) tyrann mathieu, Alex okafor (arguably the best pass rusher in that draft) and I'm excited about this years draft as well.

Things are looking real bright and just thought I'd share some things from the perspective of a dedicated short time fan.

Cool post, thanks! So, in 2008 were you rooting for the Cards? Or was that game the one that made you start to like them?
    I have to ask this:
    What was your biggest impression from the James Harrison runback for a TD to end the 1st half?

Quote Originally Posted by NJGalczynski View Post
    First off, I am not a long time fan. I'm from Pittsburgh so I grew up around Steeler fans
    We didn't just take Steeler's players in the Whisenhunt era. We took Steeler's fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJGalczynski View Post
    First off, I am not a long time fan. I'm from Pittsburgh so I grew up around Steeler fans (the worst) but I was never really into football until 07. I was 15 when the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl in 08. I hopped on the bandwagon I'll be the first to admit it. I have since stuck with the team and I have a **** passion for it now. I LOVE the cardinals and I'll stick with them for the rest of my life. Even got to come out to Arizona for my first game against the colts (perfect game to go to) and I'm coming back out there for the Detroit game.

Anyway, from 08 til now I have noticed so much change. In 08 we were an offensive team rallying behind Warner, not Whisenhunt. If we had the defense we of now in that Super Bowl we would have blown the steelers out EASY. That's the first differance. It is so refreshing to see a team play for a coach. Remember the last year Whisenhunt was here at that Seattle game? The team gave up on Whiz. I feel like we are headed in a direction that could keep us competitive constantly. Kind of like Pitt. You notice that no matter what they are always competitive in the division? Not a fan of them at all but it is true. I feel like that is the direction we are headed in. Which brings me to the second differance. Whisenhunt had us competitive for 2-3 years. I think Arians can keep us there. This would be so refreshing.. I know I haven't been a fan for long so I don't understand what you guys have been through, but just seeing the Derek Anderson! Max Hall, kevin Kolb thing for a few years was enough for me..

Another thing I like is how we are finding quality players in later rounds. Andre ellington , tony jefferson (he will be very quality depth at the very least) tyrann mathieu, Alex okafor (arguably the best pass rusher in that draft) and I'm excited about this years draft as well.

Things are looking real bright and just thought I'd share some things from the perspective of a dedicated short time fan.

I agree but would like to add.. Yes coach Arians should get a lot of credit for this change. It seems like the players respect him and he doesn't play mind games unlike Wiz. But let's not forget about the guy that puts the template together for this team - Keim!! He's deserves as much credit as anyone for this changing of the guard.
    I know some was against the hire because he was part of the Graves era but Mr B new something we didn't.
    I read somewhere when the Cardinals where thinking about drafting Levi brown, Keim was jumping on the table saying we need to draft Adrain Peterson. Graves should've been fired a year after IMO.

I've been a Cardinal fan since they moved here to AZ, and I've never felt more confident about this team till this year. Great Job Cards!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paceman View Post
    I agree but would like to add.. Yes coach Arians should get a lot of credit for this change. It seems like the players respect him and he doesn't play mind games unlike Wiz. But let's not forget about the guy that puts the template together for this team - Keim!! He's deserves as much credit as anyone for this changing of the guard.
    I know some was against the hire because he was part of the Graves era but Mr B new something we didn't.
    I read somewhere when the Cardinals where thinking about drafting Levi brown, Keim was jumping on the table saying we need to draft Adrain Peterson. Graves should've been fired a year after IMO.

I've been a Cardinal fan since they moved here to AZ, and I've never felt more confident about this team till this year. Great Job Cards!!
    Agreed that we finally have "A" talent as a GM and coaching staff. The think I like about BA and despised about Whiz was the use of rookies -- if you can play, then don't look at the birth certificate. Darren Urban has an article about how little Whiz played rookies and wasn't even going to start PP21 at CB opening game but Toler had a slight hamstring injury whereas BA played TM - Ellington - Taylor - Tony Jefferson - even Jaron Brown and of course announced Cooper was going to start at LG before injury.

Cards did very well in Free Agency and if the draft falls right for Keim & Co ... BA will get the BEST players on the field regardless of age - experience however he will also demand the players know their assignments before hitting the field too -- (are you listening Bobbie Massie ??)

I like the new coach but credit for the turn around is due to Whiz and Co. He took this team to the Superbowl and in the process created a hardcore fan base. Under Whiz is when the young people of Phoenix proudly claimed the Cardinals. Before Whiz it was pretty shameful (think Jacksonville) to be a Cardinal fan. Cowboys, 49ers, Bear, Packers, and Steelers fans that populate the valley would laugh at you because this was not Cardinals country. Under Whiz it became Cardinals Country. Give credit where credit is due

To clarify, I was never a steeler fan or really football for that matter til the 08 Super Bowl. I did in fact root for the Cardinals and as for the Harrison pick, family went nuts and I sat and wondered why the refs didn't see the 2 blocks in the back during the play.. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    I like the new coach but credit for the turn around is due to Whiz and Co. He took this team to the Superbowl and in the process created a hardcore fan base. Under Whiz is when the young people of Phoenix proudly claimed the Cardinals. Before Whiz it was pretty shameful (think Jacksonville) to be a Cardinal fan. Cowboys, 49ers, Bear, Packers, and Steelers fans that populate the valley would laugh at you because this was not Cardinals country. Under Whiz it became Cardinals Country. Give credit where credit is due
    I don't live in Arizona, so I can't talk about the aspect that Kurt, Fitz, Dansby, Dockett, Q pushed the team into SB and Whiz/Grimm/Graves where there to let Kurt do his work.

Let see this in perspective, How many guys Whiz brought in via Draft are still on the team?

See for yourself (and Grim was/is awful)

And with the defenses in this division, if you can't run the ball you can't hang. All 3 defenses (us included) can shut a TOP SHELF QB down if they don't have a real run support. Play action will be huge in this division.

This is the most excited I have been for a season to start since I started following the Big Red in 1973. Cannot wait for the season to start.