Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The difference over the years

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    Dude, your grammar, spelling and puncuation are so bad that it's an effort to read through and try and understand what you are actually saying. I usually just ignore posts like yours for that reason.

It's hard to tell if you have anything significant or relevant to add to the conversation.
    He doesn't. Just a youngster parading his ignorance for all the world to see.

P.S. Hadn't read your last post. Sorry about the accident and happy your're getting back on your feet.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 05-02-2014 at 12:12 PM.

If we had the defense we of now in that Super Bowl we would have blown the steelers out EASY.-OP

OP, cool, happy to have you, nice post.

the bit about the SB defense (quoted above) caught my eye, and i simply wanted to go on record as saying......i thought the playoff run that D put together was nothing short of awesome. imo. maybe somebody will post some stats proving me wrong, but that run D stuffed some very stout backs, over and over. i don't believe we make the SB otherwise. Love Warner, don't get me wrong, just saying.

...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I'm 46 soon to be 47. Funny still nothing about Whiz just me? Got a football opinion or not? Whiz sucked IMO if not till me how or go away.

Ps same ignorance sheared by not just myself.
    The pros and cons of Whiz's tenure in AZ have been debated ad nauseam, and it can't be reduced to "Whiz sucked"!

Cheers
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 05-02-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captjack View Post
    If we had the defense we of now in that Super Bowl we would have blown the steelers out EASY.-OP

OP, cool, happy to have you, nice post.

the bit about the SB defense (quoted above) caught my eye, and i simply wanted to go on record as saying......i thought the playoff run that D put together was nothing short of awesome. imo. maybe somebody will post some stats proving me wrong, but that run D stuffed some very stout backs, over and over. i don't believe we make the SB otherwise. Love Warner, don't get me wrong, just saying.

If the defense had been on the field when that ridiculous runback by Harrison was going on it would have been a different outcome. That was beyond ludicrous when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    If the defense had been on the field when that ridiculous runback by Harrison was going on it would have been a different outcome. That was beyond ludicrous when that happened.
    i thought for sure fitz was going to get him. still can't believe it happened. lol ****.

...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Default The New Regime

I didn't know much about Bruce Arians except that he was the only interim coach to get coach of the year award. However I was familiar with Steve Keim and was hoping he would be made GM. For some reason he never got that much press or notice in Arizona, but he was well known and respected around the league. One scout/analyst said in the past, the Cardinals always have a chance to come up with great finds and drafts as long as Steve Keim is around. Unfortunately, Steve Keim didn't always get his way in the old regime as someone pointed out when we took Levi Brpwn over Adrian Peterson and caused Keim to almost throw a fit. There were also reports (not verified) that he was not happy with the Matt Leinart selection. Fortunately, MB knew what he had and made Steve Keim the GM on January 8, relatively quickly after Whisenhunt and Graves were fired. I also think that Keim was instrumental in getting BA as head coach. Those two seem to hit it off well. I see Keim having a long term career as GM with the Cards. Keim garnered PFT's NFL Executive of the Year award for 2013, a positive affirmation of his hire as GM.

Injuries and other disruptions may impact us but I see a very favorable long term outlook for this team now. More than ever has existed in the past. I think it is possible to have the kind of consistent success that the Patriots have shown even with being currently in the toughest division in the NFL.

Hello, NJGalczyski, and welcome to being a fan of the NFL's oldest team. Yes, we lack a franchise history to brag about and like the baseball Cubs we have the longest drought since our last championship but this season we are elbowing ourselves to the playoff bar. I could refer to myself as, ILMalietski, and share a heritage with you. But, I am at the other end of my fan experience having gone to my first game back in '58 when the team was still in Chicago.

Over the years the Cardinals, if ever respected at all, were known for offense. Even during the championship seasons of so long ago it was the offense that brought them success and we fans have always fantasized at having a dominating defense. Well, now we have one and you get to solidify your fandom with that wonderful feeling with me for the first time. In a way I have been wandering in the proverbial desert searching for what you are now enjoying.

The problem for you and Valley fans now is that we lack an explosive and dynamic offense to complement that defense and hard-charge to an NFL Championship. Enjoy the ride while it lasts because coaches and players know that you never can count on a return trip anytime soon, there are too many variables. But, I will tell you this. I witnessed what the '63 Chicago Bears did to the N.Y.Giants in in championship game at Wrigley Field. It was an NFL all-time great defensive team that had a pedestrian offense and took on and smothered a dynamic HOF Y.A.Title-led Giant offense at home and grabbed the crown. That game was one for the ages and I, for one, would love nothing more than to see our Big Red duplicate that accomplishment. Unlike what today's offense pampered fans think, I agree with my lifelong Cardinal fan father's saying, that offense is for show but it's defense that wins championships! Go Cards...

Yes, the team was known for offense in 1947, particularly rushing. In the championship game, Paul Christman had problems. He was 3 of 14. Most of the incompletions were rotten passes. The defense really shut down Steve Van Buren that day.

Your comments on that '47 championship game are interesting, 'Muncus.' They help point out that there's more than one way to win a title. You may be a newbie to the board and you could have been a spectator at that Comiskey Park game or the son of a longtime Cardinal fan like myself. I invite you to continue posting and add to the knowledge of Valley fans. While that '47 team rode its offense to the Western crown they indeed did lean on the defense to clinch the title. Yes, Trippi and Angsman provided the points running the ball and returning kicks and the passing game was very limited and ineffective on that very cold afternoon the title was won by the defense stopping the Eagles one-dimensional attack. Cardinal great, Marshall Goldberg, sealed the victory late with his interception and set off a Chicago celebration.

My father, his two brothers,their brother-in-law and a cousin were in attendance and the bitter cold and their car not turning over from sitting in that cinder parking lot could dampen their happiness. They never tired of talking up their experience for the rest of their lives and provided me the background and foundation of my own fandom. My father could never say whether our Cardinals were favored that day but always clung to the belief that defense wins championships. He said once that Steve Van Buren was the Walter Payton, Earl Campbell,John Riggins of his day and had the reputation of 'couldn't be stopped.' But, our defense he said did stop him that day and even repeated its performance the following year in Philadelphia for the rematch in the most famous weather affected Championship game in NFL history.

Wouldn't it be great if history repeats itself and Warner's emphatic statement of six years ago, "Let's shock the world," is fulfilled?

I was born 30 years after that game but I have seen it. I have the 1947 title game on DVD. I also have a 1941 game between the Cardinals and Lions, partially in color. Whizzer White had a big game for the Lions.