Thread: My Answer To A Ring of Honor Poll Question

Default My Answer To A Ring of Honor Poll Question

It's funny how the announcement of Kurt Warner's inclusion in the stadium Ring of Honor is still current and the question of a "Who's Next?" poll is being circulated. I understand the dynamics of why Kurt Warner and why now? I can accept it and enjoy it. It's a Valley SB year, he's still an area resident and reportedly active in the community and his media work on the national stage is valuable to the franchise's new image. It certainly doesn't hurt that he quarterbacked the team to its only SB appearance and contributed a great deal to a revitalizing of the franchise for Valley fans and the NFL.

This poll I am referring to was limited in scope and failed to take into account its true value. The poll's winning name was No.24, Adrian Wilson,who I would have nominated,too. But,like Kurt Warner, being named by us to this ROH before his former team has even recognized him, I think No.24 would understand my recommending another to be the next honoree.

My choice is Jackie Smith,who,unlike No.24, is already a Canton enshrinee and,if I am not mistaken, the only franchise HOF member to not yet be included in the ROH. Adrian Wilson is a class act and fully appreciates the value of a HOF career. I am sure he would humbly state that Jackie should be the next ROH inductee. His career spanned fifteen years with the Big Red and retired as the NFL's most prolific TE and an innovator at that position paving the way for following great players. He still holds franchise records for the TE position with passes caught, yardage gained, TD receptions and games played. He was so well respected and valued by the Cowboys HC,Tom Landry, that after failing a physical to play for the Cardinals one more year, he signed with Dallas and helped them reach the SB which was Jackie's final career game.

Yes, I think the Bidwill family should close the book on former Cardinal 'greats' being added to the ROH. This would allow Valley fans to look upon the displayed names as a complete set of those who set the standards of why there is a ROH at all.Thank you, Jackie Smith, you were a pro's pro who's best was always a notch better than those around you.

As a HOF member, Smith should be next.

Wilson has just signed with the Bears.

Emmit Smith? He shouldn't be in our ROH at all if it were up to me. He wasn't a true cardinal, or did anything to propel the franchise.
    2009 Pickem Champ

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    emmit smith? He shouldn't be in our roh at all if it were up to me. He wasn't a true cardinal, or did anything to propel the franchise.
    jackie smith

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    jackie smith
    ah, that name escaped me at the time of the post
    2009 Pickem Champ