Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glory Years....

Default Glory Years....

These are some good times here for our Cardinal franchise. Watching that game with Philly today reminded me of the Cardiac Cards of the seventies. It may have been Palmer to Brown today, but I saw a glimpse of the past in Jim Hart to a speedy Mel Gray for a 4th quarter come from behind victory.

On to Dallas, of I loved to go against those Landry teams. We didn't beat them often, but when we did it was sure sweet.

Treat yourself to a great video of those Coryell days of the past here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZWMGOt6j7I
    Big Red fan since 1967

Didn't hurt that Hart had probably one of the greatest offensive lines in football history. Man, would it be great to have a line that dominating again. Considering how often Coryell passed the ball the fact that Hart was sacked only 6 times in 1975 is incredible. The Cards in general gave up only 8 sacks all year. That's nuts. And how I would love to have a TE of Smith's capability again.
    I root for 2 teams; The Cardinals and whoever is playing Dallas.

Jim Hanifan's crew made them all look good, indeed.

I recently picked up an old game ball from that exact era. Nice piece for the bookshelf.

hanifangameball_zps373de088.jpg
    Big Red fan since 1967

I hope we are entering the Glory years....BTW...awesome football you have there!
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 11-01-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    The Big A era begins

Hey thanks for the cool video .Always enjoy them old films when football was more of a contact sport.

Great video, very much enjoyed watching it.

Thanks for posting it. Here's hoping the team continues to build on the current level of success. There are a large number of lifelong great fans like the OP that deserve to see a Super Bowl win.

Keeping with the "Dallas theme" this week offers....I liked seeing the famous OL do the "Landry shift" in the final seconds against NO.

Nice tribute to yesterday's traditions. How I always hated Landry's Cowboys. That up and down shift for every play was simply annoying as hell, almost as bad as losing to Roger Staubach most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gNLDEWoIoQ
    Big Red fan since 1967

What I remember well from that time and have never seen it equaled was the time efficient precision Hart lead the 2 minute offense. Everyone that touched the ball had their head in the game and got out of bounds. It was relentless and potent. A true thing of beauty.

I don't usually come to this part of the forum but I'm glade I did. I'm an old time fan and this thread caught my eye. Those of you where fans back in the day should love this picture. This is what an offensive line should look like. Its a great picture but Roger Finnie is missing.

offensive line.jpg

The picture came from this web page...

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/201...is-social-club

Perhaps some or most have seen this web page, but in case you haven't enjoy.
    Last edited by thomas cat; 12-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Ahh the Terry Metcalf highlight reel is great, even though they fail to show them I really remember the gut wrenching fumbles that Metcalf delivered in almost every game. Metcalf crashed onto the scene and immediately became a force as a running back/return man, truly electric and a pleasure to watch. But oh those **** fumbles that still haunt my memories still to this day. Watching that new back Williams explode thru the line last week was exciting as well, I just saying "hold on to that **** ball". LOL
    Big Red fan since 1967