Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Logan Thomas

Default Logan Thomas

I think if his first TD pass is any indication of his potential (and who knows), he may very well be a diamond in the rough that surfaces under good coaching. I was really impressed with this pass to Ellington when I watched the game and I continue to be, and hope this is the sort of on the fly accuracy he will become noted for.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...f-c61976ff3ede

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    I think if his first TD pass is any indication of his potential (and who knows), he may very well be a diamond in the rough that surfaces under good coaching. I was really impressed with this pass to Ellington when I watched the game and I continue to be, and hope this is the sort of on the fly accuracy he will become noted for.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...f-c61976ff3ede
    Max Hall scored a touchdown for us too. Maybe we need to bring him back too! What's better than one non QBOF...two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LD14 View Post
    Max Hall scored a touchdown for us too. Maybe we need to bring him back too! What's better than one non QBOF...two!!!
    The verdict is in on Hall, not Thomas.

Max Hall was at the helm when we won an important game too. But you can't seriously compare the two. Have to wonder how Max may have done under a HC like Carroll instead of Whisenhunt the QB destroyer. It'd also be interesting to know how Max would have performed with just an average O line. I felt like he had some potential.

If the LB had turn his head that pass would have been an int or at the lest blocked. That was more of a great catch by Ellington on a horrible pass as much as it was horrible defense by that lb. Logan was extremely lucky that play turned out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    The verdict is in on Hall, not Thomas.
    Verdict on Thomas was in as soon as the senior bowl

Quote Originally Posted by McCollum,Travis View Post
    If the LB had turn his head that pass would have been an int or at the lest blocked. That was more of a great catch by Ellington on a horrible pass as much as it was horrible defense by that lb. Logan was extremely lucky that play turned out that way.
    Agree Ellington deserves most of the credit for that entire play. Gotta admit that pass was on the money though. I think Ellington didn't give that defender any reason to think a pass was coming his way until the very last split second and the guy had his work cut out for him just to keep up with Andre.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Verdict on Thomas was in as soon as the senior bowl
    You're being too nice. The verdict was out on him early into his senior year. Speaking of which, in 13 games at Va Tech as a senior:

1. Only 4 times he passed for over 60% completion
    2. 3 times he threw for under 45% (19% against Alabama)
    3. Less than half of his games (6) he threw more TDs than INTs
    4. Only twice threw for more than 300 yards.

He looked lost all year long and had zero instinct, and quite frankly looked like he had no heart. He was atrocious as a senior, and that was light years better than his junior year. A TERRIBLE prospect coming out and a sure fire UDFA.

If BA can make anything out of him it would be the greatest coaching feat in the history of time.

For what it's worth, I had higher hopes for Hall coming out than Thomas. As a senior: only once threw under 60%, and once threw under two TDs in a game. 8 times he threw over 300 yards. But even Ken was "smart" enough to sign him as an UDFA.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

I only see Thomas as a Tebow like red zone rushing QB, and he's probably not worth keeping just for that as Ellington can break the plane. Cut! Cut! Cut!

I love the report on how AB would not let LT fail!

Have your neck on the line and watch a coach take the pressure onto himself.