Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 211

Thread: Logan Thomas

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    'Reach' is another way of saying 'project'.

    Given that BA did and has made it clear that he wasn't to play in year one, there was no opportunity missed as he was simply not ready. Setting him up for failure is hardly a development plan.

    We'll see a lot more of him this offseason, and be in a better position to assess.
    I also know that BA and Keim have no issues moving on if they see a better option.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    When coaches and FO talent evaluators use the word potential certain positions warrant an extra long look. And QB will always be 'looked at' deeper into camp than other positions. Coaches say you can't teach arm strength, speed, height, you know, the physical attributes, of which, Logan Thomas is gifted with. But, his still being on the roster must have something to do with that word, 'potential.' A coach or two must have either asked for more time to assess his off-season progress of the intangibles of QB play or been asked by SK to treat him as a special project to see if he is a keeper.

    With him having been learning the system and relaxed in not being released, just yet, his being given the opportunity to demonstrate noteworthy growth in QB play is acceptable for now. This year's selection of QB draftees is admittedly thin and after spending a fourth round pick on No.6 doesn't it make more sense to see what he can do thru training camp since he is already one year ahead of the curve?

    My point really is two-fold, that he can always be released late in camp and someone else's young gun QB signed with no real harm done to QB depth and development. But, if No.6 shows a steadiness and the necessary production in higher stakes competition than the promise SK and Logan's coaches must see in him will end up being a win-win. The time is there to see what Logan has in him that the coaches can bring out. It's Logan's dream to play in the NFL and it's up to him to exhibit the confidence and talent necessary to make the roster. There's the time to see how he makes his case and he is an intriguing project. The time spent on him costs nothing at this point and BA is going to challenge him with maximum camp reps to properly evaluate him under quality QB coaching.
    Good post. However, all the armchair personnel gurus will disagree with you. Didn't you know, forum jockeys are better at assessing talent and developing it that BASK.

    I am not saying that LT is a sure fire prospect. He was a long shot, high risk, high reward, developmental guy from the start. To bail on him without the 2-3 years everyone thought he would need at a minimum would be stupid.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    218

    Default

    It was no secret when Thomas was drafted he needed time to grow. He will sit and learn behind two good QB's. Lets just wait and see how he does this season before the jury finds him guilty. If he doesn't show progress this year then move on. Some players takes more time to see the light then others. I hope for his sake as well as the Cards that Logan does well.
    Last edited by Oregonredbird; 03-29-2015 at 01:46 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    LT is the future

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Ben Roethlisberger doesn't come along every draft.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    LT is the future
    Just wondering, where is your alert?

    JosEPh


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    251

    Default BA knows QB's

    Anyone know what quarterbacks BA has worked with before? Go ahead and name them, I think we can trust our back to back coach of the year in regards to Logan.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billyyo2304 View Post
    Anyone know what quarterbacks BA has worked with before? Go ahead and name them, I think we can trust our back to back coach of the year in regards to Logan.
    Peyton Manning,Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck? Praytell. What was it that BA did to develop these three? Howd he do with Tim Couch and Kelly Holcomb? Did he make them superstars?
    So maybe BA was blessed to be a couple places that happened to luck into some superstar QBs and the "QB whisperer" Hype is a bit overblown. I have a hard time believing Manning, Roethlisberger, and Luck were destined for obscurity if it wasn't for the great Coach BA.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    When coaches and FO talent evaluators use the word potential certain positions warrant an extra long look. And QB will always be 'looked at' deeper into camp than other positions. Coaches say you can't teach arm strength, speed, height, you know, the physical attributes, of which, Logan Thomas is gifted with. But, his still being on the roster must have something to do with that word, 'potential.' A coach or two must have either asked for more time to assess his off-season progress of the intangibles of QB play or been asked by SK to treat him as a special project to see if he is a keeper.

    With him having been learning the system and relaxed in not being released, just yet, his being given the opportunity to demonstrate noteworthy growth in QB play is acceptable for now. This year's selection of QB draftees is admittedly thin and after spending a fourth round pick on No.6 doesn't it make more sense to see what he can do thru training camp since he is already one year ahead of the curve?

    My point really is two-fold, that he can always be released late in camp and someone else's young gun QB signed with no real harm done to QB depth and development. But, if No.6 shows a steadiness and the necessary production in higher stakes competition than the promise SK and Logan's coaches must see in him will end up being a win-win. The time is there to see what Logan has in him that the coaches can bring out. It's Logan's dream to play in the NFL and it's up to him to exhibit the confidence and talent necessary to make the roster. There's the time to see how he makes his case and he is an intriguing project. The time spent on him costs nothing at this point and BA is going to challenge him with maximum camp reps to properly evaluate him under quality QB coaching.

    This is the best post I've ever read on any subject. And what a privilege that it's in response to a thread I originated. Objective.....well thought out......sincere.......insightful.....and a refreshing change from the knee jerk sarcasm and self appointed know it all's that rear their heads on this board. Thank you for such a sincere discussion!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Peyton Manning,Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck? Praytell. What was it that BA did to develop these three? Howd he do with Tim Couch and Kelly Holcomb? Did he make them superstars?
    So maybe BA was blessed to be a couple places that happened to luck into some superstar QBs and the "QB whisperer" Hype is a bit overblown. I have a hard time believing Manning, Roethlisberger, and Luck were destined for obscurity if it wasn't for the great Coach BA.
    With that reasoning he can't win. No credit for success. All credit for failures. One thing you can say about BA, he typically gets the most out of the QB talent he is given..

    Really though, Couch got DESTROYED by bad offensive lines on an expansion team and was derailed by injuries. Holcomb wasn't even drafted and BA maximized production out of him.

    Stanton... success.
    Palmer... success.

    What else do you need to see?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •