View Poll Results: If Traded, The Best Team Fit for Sherman?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cardinals

9 37.50%
  • Cowboys

2 8.33%
  • 49ers

1 4.17%
  • Steelers

2 8.33%
  • Patriots

7 29.17%
  • Other Team

3 12.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Sherman

Default Richard Sherman

Feud with the media takes another dramatic turn

An awesome talent, but his act might be wearing thin, especially in view of his sideline blowups.

Few are fans of Sherman's mouth. But he's part of the Seahawks entertainment package. When the act gets stale, perhaps management will adjust the team programming. Meanwhile, us fans have a TV remote. I work the OFF button at will.

Shermans running his mouth just makes me appreciate my mute button that much more,days fast approaching when he shoots his mouth off and they bust him good!!

Now it's Michael Bennett being "unlikeable." The Seahawks are beloved here, and there are some classy individuals on the team, but I'm kinda enjoying their current PR issues.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/s...ain-unlikable/

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleCardinal View Post
    Now it's Michael Bennett being "unlikeable." The Seahawks are beloved here, and there are some classy individuals on the team, but I'm kinda enjoying their current PR issues.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/s...ain-unlikable/
    Thanks, SC. I enjoyed the article. There was this saying in the Midwest when I was a kid, "Every circus has a clown." Bennett and Sherman certainly qualify as NFL clowns these days.

Wow...looks like their local media is figuring out what the rest of the world has known for years
    The Big A era begins

Default Pete the Cheat

Pete Carroll's ill-timed "significant" adjective likely was one of the most honest things he could say about Sherman's knee. But that is just a cover for the the real strategy, to cheat until caught.

I'm sure the team realized it's error in not abidding by League rules earlier and is now doing damage control. I hope the League takes away a Seattle high draft pick. Following other shenanigans, a 2nd seems right. A big $250K fine in the wallet will also get Carroll's attention.

S4E,

What's happening with the Seahawks' #2 pick (58th), OTA plans, and slush fund cash? Got any juicy downtown rumors to pass along to Cards fans? NY hasn't said anything publicly yet.

P

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    S4E,

What's happening with the Seahawks' #2 pick (58th), OTA plans, and slush fund cash? Got any juicy downtown rumors to pass along to Cards fans? NY hasn't said anything publicly yet.

P
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...epeats-itself/

That article came out at the end of last week. It's written by the former team DR for the SD Chargers. He basically says we did nothing wrong and have nothing to be punished for. I've always thought that.

This is pretty much the classic case of Pete's chronic diarrhea of the mouth. If all he said was "Sherman has a knee injury" it would have gone unnoticed, but since he literally said the word "significant" and the rule states "all significant injuries must be reported" it became a thing. The problem is Sherman doesn't and never did have a significant injury. He literally played every snap this year and played in the pro bowl. Players with "significant injuries" don't play in the pro bowl. Players look for any reason not to play. It's a total non-story, and should have been treated as such. But, I wouldn't put anything past emperor Goodell so who knows what is going to happen.

Not sure what you mean by OTA plans? I would imagine the OTA plans are continued reps for the Oline. While I was dismayed by the state of the Oline this year, there is something to be said for the continuity gained, and the history of players under Cable making significant leaps in ability from yrs 1-2 or sometimes yrs 2-3. Breno Giacomini and JR Sweezy fall into the former category, Justin Britt the latter. Britt was awesome this year. So good that he will probably be the first OL Schneider gives a second contract to. I'm not as optimistic on Glowinsky as some people are up here, I just don't see the raw talent. I see the raw talent with Fant, that guy is athletic as hell, but raw is the operative word there. That guy has so far to go I just don't know if it's worth it. We're wasting Russell's prime developing a guy that is probably still 2 years away. I am optimistic on Ifedi though. That guy had serious flashes as a rookie. We need a new RT for sure. I am done with Gilliam and I think the coaching staff is too based on things I've read.

I would say another OTA plan is to get radical with CJ Procise packages. That guy was a huge reason why we beat NE in NE and had a nice run in the middle season. His injury was the 2nd biggest reason we struggled so much down the stretch. (The first being the Earl Thomas injury)

Not sure what you mean by "slush fund cash" either. You mean Free Agent signings? The Seahawks won't be making a splash in that dept. Schneider is from the Packer school of building through the draft, developing your own players, and adding a few select role players through Free Agency. Michael Robinson, and Cliff Avril come to mind. Now, Avril has turned into a very good DE, but originally that was not why or how he was signed.

There is one rumor you're going to love. . . We just added a 3rd D line coach. Yes you read that right, we now have 3 D line coaches. He happens to be Calais Campbell's College coach and supposedly they're still friends. People up here are reading the tea leaves to mean we're going to sign CC. Personally I don't buy it for a minute for 3 reasons.
    1. I don't think he's leaving AZ.
    2. If he does leave AZ it will be for money. There are rumors that both the Bucs and Raiders are targeting him. They can both out bid us and will
    3. He'll be 31 this offseason, I can't think of a single 31 year old player Pete and John have signed in the offseason, especially a big money guy. We did sign Cary Williams when he was 30, but he wasn't a big money guy.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawks4ever View Post
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...epeats-itself/

That article came out at the end of last week. It's written by the former team DR for the SD Chargers. He basically says we did nothing wrong and have nothing to be punished for. I've always thought that.

This is pretty much the classic case of Pete's chronic diarrhea of the mouth. If all he said was "Sherman has a knee injury" it would have gone unnoticed, but since he literally said the word "significant" and the rule states "all significant injuries must be reported" it became a thing. The problem is Sherman doesn't and never did have a significant injury. He literally played every snap this year and played in the pro bowl. Players with "significant injuries" don't play in the pro bowl. Players look for any reason not to play. It's a total non-story, and should have been treated as such. But, I wouldn't put anything past emperor Goodell so who knows what is going to happen.

Not sure what you mean by OTA plans? I would imagine the OTA plans are continued reps for the Oline. While I was dismayed by the state of the Oline this year, there is something to be said for the continuity gained, and the history of players under Cable making significant leaps in ability from yrs 1-2 or sometimes yrs 2-3. Breno Giacomini and JR Sweezy fall into the former category, Justin Britt the latter. Britt was awesome this year. So good that he will probably be the first OL Schneider gives a second contract to. I'm not as optimistic on Glowinsky as some people are up here, I just don't see the raw talent. I see the raw talent with Fant, that guy is athletic as hell, but raw is the operative word there. That guy has so far to go I just don't know if it's worth it. We're wasting Russell's prime developing a guy that is probably still 2 years away. I am optimistic on Ifedi though. That guy had serious flashes as a rookie. We need a new RT for sure. I am done with Gilliam and I think the coaching staff is too based on things I've read.

I would say another OTA plan is to get radical with CJ Procise packages. That guy was a huge reason why we beat NE in NE and had a nice run in the middle season. His injury was the 2nd biggest reason we struggled so much down the stretch. (The first being the Earl Thomas injury)

Not sure what you mean by "slush fund cash" either. You mean Free Agent signings? The Seahawks won't be making a splash in that dept. Schneider is from the Packer school of building through the draft, developing your own players, and adding a few select role players through Free Agency. Michael Robinson, and Cliff Avril come to mind. Now, Avril has turned into a very good DE, but originally that was not why or how he was signed.

There is one rumor you're going to love. . . We just added a 3rd D line coach. Yes you read that right, we now have 3 D line coaches. He happens to be Calais Campbell's College coach and supposedly they're still friends. People up here are reading the tea leaves to mean we're going to sign CC. Personally I don't buy it for a minute for 3 reasons.
    1. I don't think he's leaving AZ.
    2. If he does leave AZ it will be for money. There are rumors that both the Bucs and Raiders are targeting him. They can both out bid us and will
    3. He'll be 31 this offseason, I can't think of a single 31 year old player Pete and John have signed in the offseason, especially a big money guy. We did sign Cary Williams when he was 30, but he wasn't a big money guy.
    Sir,

THANKS! You are over the top with Seattle news and info. I'll need some time to digest this trove of data.

RE #58: I'm with you. Nothing to see there. The #58 pick is safe unless some real evidence pops up. The Commish's office is full of lawyers looking for any spontaneous gas releases that offends their senses. Coach Carroll was caught telling the truth for once. Sherman was dinged...so what...he still manned up and played through whatever was bugging his leg/knee/hip.

RE OTA: You went in a different direction than I was thinking. The OLine does need the work and whatever your guys figure out will help Wilson. I miss the old days when teams could really do some good work in the offseason and build unit cohesion. The current OTA process is all country club. What a waste.

RE Slush Fund: So, spending big on FA's is not your GM's favorite signing strategy. Hmmm? I won't argue about the team's future, because it hasn't happened yet, but the Seahawks past is full of examples where FA's signed and some contributed. About Calais Campbell, I don't see him packing out for a Seattle gig in order to spend time with a former colleague. He's a southern man. CC will stay in Arizona for now, maybe for less pay, and likely retire as a Cardinal when he's ready to go. Maybe in 2-3 more years he will hang up his spurs. CC wants a SB ring.

Take care, my friend. Thanks again for sharing NFCW thoughts tonight.